• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you so much for you amazing game. I really love how aware you are of the flaws, and strengths of your game! However, don't sell yourself too short on the nomads. I just picked up the Horse Lords yesterday on your sale, and I have to say it is the most fun I have had in a CK2 campaign in a long time. Also, I am really glad you considered the ability to have lands in multiple realms. That was always my biggest problem with this game from a historical accuracy perspective, as I thought that the neat borders did not match the historical reality of lords with multiple kings that they owed allegiance to. I look forward to see what you guys come up with in the future!

@Doomdark
In place of/in addition to the chronicle, has there been any consideration towards bringing the history replay feature from EU4 to CK2? I'd love to be able to watch a replay, see how some oddities happened while I was focused on my immediate neighbors.

You know, I'm surprised Decadence didn't make that list, given the number of times it has been revised and rebalanced. And it still doesn't fulfill its intended purpose, breaking up Muslim nations as a balance to their kingdom tier CB and easy succession law.

Speaking of, we are still lacking a viable mechanic for realms to crumble. I remember occasionally seeing successful independence revolts prior to the introduction of the faction system, but it feels much rarer now. (Also, mercs going and conquering countries, that was awesome. I never see that anymore.)
This. The Muslim blobs which are not crumbling are such a pain in the ass. They remove a lot of fun. The Holy Roman Empire in 1066 (also poorly represented in the game as it wasn't a mega realm, as we know) is another contender. Wish you could solve this or improve it a little before the end of CKII.

This. The Muslim blobs which are not crumbling are such a pain in the ass. They remove a lot of fun. The Holy Roman Empire in 1066 (also poorly represented in the game as it wasn't a mega realm, as we know) is another contender. Wish you could solve this or improve it a little before the end of CKII.

Actually the Holy Roman Empire in 1066 was very powerful and centralised. The decentralisation of the HRE did start later in the period. Especially after the Interregnum. France for exemple was way more decentralised than the HRE in this period.

It's one of my favorite games you could get to the point where it's a really true futile simulator with all the crazy nuances I would love that . If we can ever play with any of the Priesty class that would be cool too!

Congratulations, Paradox, on the success of Crusader Kings II, one of the best rts games EVER made. You deserve all the accolades and success in the world and i am glad i was there almost from the beginning. Love to, for and always to my "PARADOX". The greatest game developers/company in the world. I wish you even more success in the future. V3

Five years, and I'm still waiting for the next DLC to start a new campaign.
Hardly I can mention a similar lasting game.
Thanks a lot for creating one of the best game ever!

Time well spent. I think the only reason I'm ever not playing Crusader Kings 2 is because I don't want to miss out on having whatever newly announced future feature in the next scenario I want to play out.

Ok here are my comments:

I tried CK II initial release to a friend and I didn't got impressed.
vote 5/10
Then I read more and ... I decided to buy it full only recently with "ALL" the expansions and I am really enjoying now , especiallly since the expansion to India.

Vote: 9/10

DO NOT REMOVE those features!!! :
  1. I actually really like the Chronicle introducedits a nice feature.
  2. I really really like the Customizer ! BUT ... You need to allow it to work even withAchievements or it is no point in it , a lot of people do not use couse want to use achievements, also allow please to change coat of arms of nations and regions and not just renaming thanks.
The problems:

1. AZTEC was the problem , nobody likes, it makes no sense and is honestly a waste of time and money.
  2. there is a bug that sometimes stucks your army from moving and I need to restart the game to slve it.
  3. The African campaigns are boring and seem simply copycatted from the Norse one, a more flashed out and unique system would be much cooler , also with more microconquering there and some special features like to cross the desert allowed onlyif you have a specific techor the like .
  4. Rajas, altough pretty cool the idea of the India I think its a little mmissed occasion to flash out more the gameplay there, there are a llot of cool things that could be done but that instead seems just a clone mechanic of the feudal europe.
  5. Large Kingdoms are too srtrong sometimes , Historically they could loose control of some regions because despite having massive resources, logistics were also a problem and this is why mostly an decaying system like Byzantineempire lost control of several regions and the same reason why HRE lost control on the Italian little states. There should me a mechanic that kind of allows those little states to emerge from supersized colosses or a way to fight also minicampaigns against Empires and not be just doomed , must be hard sure but not impossible.
  6. Republics and merchantilism is poorly represennted , I woul dadd more mechanics and more focused gameplay on those too and also on the smmall cities.
  7. Allow also to destroy a particular lower barony or the like so that is possible to rebuild, or allow conversion , for example if I am Empire, I conquer Rome why I have to upkeep 5 churches in that region when I want to have all be converted to Castles?

Now to the sugestions:

1. ADD Asia , with all mechanics with South east kingdoms, China , Mongolia and Japan that would be SUPER!
  2. Add possibility to customize even more , may be loading ur own flag or logos or else
  3. Add possibility to play as a Baron
  4. Add possibility to create Trade routes, like Marco Polo voyage to China and manually control the merchant to cross the whole known world from a place to the other, survive the adventures and reach the destination , if he succeeds he can enstablish a trade route, but base it on actual things to do and not jusrt random exploits.
  5. Expand the timeline from the Fall or Western Roman Empire, with 476 as start date.
  6. Expand the timeline deep into the Renaissence and a little beyond , because that could also allow the introduction of Americas and anyway the renaissence saw a lot of the same intricate political games played between noble houses... just look at Borjas .
  7. Expand a little the gameplay of Africa
  8. Improve the gameplay style of nomadic cultures, with eventually possibilities to settle even inside other realms with nomadic kingdoms
  9. Add eventually the possibility to have "Empty" wastelands , with uncontrollerd regions and unbuildable zones. Like for example having in large flat lands a lot of regions inside region tag but that cannot be built , not even eventually the village, just eventually a nominal control or some outpost forts , this is anyway how worked in the real the immense steppes annd taigas, when historical books portray mongols conquering so large parts of territories it forgets to say that most of those were actually unhinabited and never had any control actually and their real empire was not a massive colored blob on the paper but actually a collection of small dotted colors in only urbanized centers they could reach.
  10. Asia Again!
  11. Alllow to be able to soome cultures to migrate , like for example take the Vikings, let yoourself drop the kingdom to someelse and pack all your things and army and population and migrate it with boats elsewhere to seek fame and glory
  12. Allow to control manually mercenary bands in seek of fame and fortune elsewhere.
  13. Add more RPG elements and events in the game.
  14. Add back the Hellenistic religion and allow the possibility to reform it like a sort of hinduism or norse religion.
  15. Allow the possibility to create and rearrange better the kingdom with removing a vassal from a subject , adding it to another making exchanges, in a way so to not be forced to eachtime you want to switch and fix the messed up de jure domains to make wars with every vassal each time.
  16. Allow the possibility to design what is de jure or not.
And for the love of all of my friends that cannot play it , please ... ADD ITALIAN localization please!

Unfortunately I just bought the game when the survay was finished, so I could not give my opinion , but since I have several hours since then of intensive gaming and I still am , trying also different scenarios I think that I can say my word now .

Also my specs are really low, and I can run the game just fine , I am playing on an intel7 laptop with intel graphic hd card and 6 gb ram. I have some slow downs only once in a while but for the rest runs just fina dna is acceptable considering my pc and that I have all expansions and all graphics at max.

Last edited:
Alllow to be able to soome cultures to migrate , like for example take the Vikings, let yoourself drop the kingdom to someelse and pack all your things and army and population and migrate it with boats elsewhere to seek fame and glory
Somewhat possible. Gavelkind can split titles. If you conquered part of France or England you might move your capital there and let old territory be lost in succession and conquer new land rather than reclaim old. I've considered playing that way. Establishing my dynasty around over generations and later use marriage or seniority succession to reunite the ancestral lands.

Ok here are my comments:

I tried CK II initial release to a friend and I didn't got impressed.
vote 5/10
Then I read more and ... I decided to buy it full only recently with "ALL" the expansions and I am really enjoying now , especiallly since the expansion to India.

Vote: 9/10

DO NOT REMOVE those features!!! :
  1. I actually really like the Chronicle introducedits a nice feature.
  2. I really really like the Customizer ! BUT ... You need to allow it to work even withAchievements or it is no point in it , a lot of people do not use couse want to use achievements, also allow please to change coat of arms of nations and regions and not just renaming thanks.
The problems:

1. AZTEC was the problem , nobody likes, it makes no sense and is honestly a waste of time and money.
  2. there is a bug that sometimes stucks your army from moving and I need to restart the game to slve it.
  3. The African campaigns are boring and seem simply copycatted from the Norse one, a more flashed out and unique system would be much cooler , also with more microconquering there and some special features like to cross the desert allowed onlyif you have a specific techor the like .
  4. Rajas, altough pretty cool the idea of the India I think its a little mmissed occasion to flash out more the gameplay there, there are a llot of cool things that could be done but that instead seems just a clone mechanic of the feudal europe.
  5. Large Kingdoms are too srtrong sometimes , Historically they could loose control of some regions because despite having massive resources, logistics were also a problem and this is why mostly an decaying system like Byzantineempire lost control of several regions and the same reason why HRE lost control on the Italian little states. There should me a mechanic that kind of allows those little states to emerge from supersized colosses or a way to fight also minicampaigns against Empires and not be just doomed , must be hard sure but not impossible.
  6. Republics and merchantilism is poorly represennted , I woul dadd more mechanics and more focused gameplay on those too and also on the smmall cities.
  7. Allow also to destroy a particular lower barony or the like so that is possible to rebuild, or allow conversion , for example if I am Empire, I conquer Rome why I have to upkeep 5 churches in that region when I want to have all be converted to Castles?

Now to the sugestions:

1. ADD Asia , with all mechanics with South east kingdoms, China , Mongolia and Japan that would be SUPER!
  2. Add possibility to customize even more , may be loading ur own flag or logos or else
  3. Add possibility to play as a Baron
  4. Add possibility to create Trade routes, like Marco Polo voyage to China and manually control the merchant to cross the whole known world from a place to the other, survive the adventures and reach the destination , if he succeeds he can enstablish a trade route, but base it on actual things to do and not jusrt random exploits.
  5. Expand the timeline from the Fall or Western Roman Empire, with 476 as start date.
  6. Expand the timeline deep into the Renaissence and a little beyond , because that could also allow the introduction of Americas and anyway the renaissence saw a lot of the same intricate political games played between noble houses... just look at Borjas .
  7. Expand a little the gameplay of Africa
  8. Improve the gameplay style of nomadic cultures, with eventually possibilities to settle even inside other realms with nomadic kingdoms
  9. Add eventually the possibility to have "Empty" wastelands , with uncontrollerd regions and unbuildable zones. Like for example having in large flat lands a lot of regions inside region tag but that cannot be built , not even eventually the village, just eventually a nominal control or some outpost forts , this is anyway how worked in the real the immense steppes annd taigas, when historical books portray mongols conquering so large parts of territories it forgets to say that most of those were actually unhinabited and never had any control actually and their real empire was not a massive colored blob on the paper but actually a collection of small dotted colors in only urbanized centers they could reach.
  10. Asia Again!
  11. Alllow to be able to soome cultures to migrate , like for example take the Vikings, let yoourself drop the kingdom to someelse and pack all your things and army and population and migrate it with boats elsewhere to seek fame and glory
  12. Allow to control manually mercenary bands in seek of fame and fortune elsewhere.
  13. Add more RPG elements and events in the game.
  14. Add back the Hellenistic religion and allow the possibility to reform it like a sort of hinduism or norse religion.
  15. Allow the possibility to create and rearrange better the kingdom with removing a vassal from a subject , adding it to another making exchanges, in a way so to not be forced to eachtime you want to switch and fix the messed up de jure domains to make wars with every vassal each time.
  16. Allow the possibility to design what is de jure or not.
And for the love of all of my friends that cannot play it , please ... ADD ITALIAN localization please!

Unfortunately I just bought the game when the survay was finished, so I could not give my opinion , but since I have several hours since then of intensive gaming and I still am , trying also different scenarios I think that I can say my word now .

Also my specs are really low, and I can run the game just fine , I am playing on an intel7 laptop with intel graphic hd card and 6 gb ram. I have some slow downs only once in a while but for the rest runs just fina dna is acceptable considering my pc and that I have all expansions and all graphics at max.
Will there ever be a post you make that does not have adding Asia as a request somewhere in its thread... ;)

In response to some of your points about "expanding/improving gameplay" in places you kinda in need some more specific details in the suggestions forum for it too be helpful, saying improve Africa on its own is not too useful but I do agree that it does need to be improved but I cannot specifically think of what.

As for adding in more of the world and extending the timeline it is objectively going to slow down the game, your constant point of saying you have a low end laptop and can run it really well does not mean much compared to the actual evidence that for a lot of people after Rajas it started to run more slowly and that expanding to all of Asia would slow it down even more and undo the great optimisation work from Reapers Due and all the previous patches.

Let me put it this way regardless of the merits of your suggestions(and that most is for CK3 if ever) if they added everything you want while optimizing to a degree never before seen your game would run dozens of times slower at best. More likely you wouldn't even be capable of running the game at all.

Let me put it this way regardless of the merits of your suggestions(and that most is for CK3 if ever) if they added everything you want while optimizing to a degree never before seen your game would run dozens of times slower at best. More likely you wouldn't even be capable of running the game at all.
If that was the case I 'd buy a new pc , but I don't think so , anyway mine are sugestions , not all of them needs to be taken , but express my desires for the game, Hopefully the one I desire the most is an expansion to Asia.

Will there ever be a post you make that does not have adding Asia as a request somewhere in its thread... ;)

In response to some of your points about "expanding/improving gameplay" in places you kinda in need some more specific details in the suggestions forum for it too be helpful, saying improve Africa on its own is not too useful but I do agree that it does need to be improved but I cannot specifically think of what.

As for adding in more of the world and extending the timeline it is objectively going to slow down the game, your constant point of saying you have a low end laptop and can run it really well does not mean much compared to the actual evidence that for a lot of people after Rajas it started to run more slowly and that expanding to all of Asia would slow it down even more and undo the great optimisation work from Reapers Due and all the previous patches.
As I said before, If I can run fine then means others have their pcs messed up , is not possible that mypc with lower specs run fine and others with super fast pc struggle ... Sorry but there is something wrongwith their pcs then .
As For Africa dunno , I tried one campaign , but all that differed from the viking one was the skin color and the names, the rest was pretty boring as there were also few lands to conquer and nothing much else to do . The Rajas , lot of regions wichis good , but I expected something much more different, but I don't know much of Indian history to say what.

As I said before, If I can run fine then means others have their pcs messed up , is not possible that mypc with lower specs run fine and others with super fast pc struggle ... Sorry but there is something wrongwith their pcs then .
As For Africa dunno , I tried one campaign , but all that differed from the viking one was the skin color and the names, the rest was pretty boring as there were also few lands to conquer and nothing much else to do . The Rajas , lot of regions wichis good , but I expected something much more different, but I don't know much of Indian history to say what.
You are objectively wrong in saying that other people are at fault, for instant my laptop is very similar to your specs and does have some issues and it recently got replaced by the same model bur as factory new and it ran into some issues.
Adding in all of Asia will definitely cause slow down for the game, whether you think it will or not.

You are objectively wrong in saying that other people are at fault, for instant my laptop is very similar to your specs and does have some issues and it recently got replaced by the same model bur as factory new and it ran into some issues.
Adding in all of Asia will definitely cause slow down for the game, whether you think it will or not.
May be you have messed up pc , try do some cleaning or free some space, I can't believe that my pc can runand urs not. I have alll dlcs as well.

May be you have messed up pc , try do some cleaning or free some space, I can't believe that my pc can runand urs not. I have alll dlcs as well.
It was a factory reset laptop, it had windows on it as well as steam and skype and chrome nothing that should cause issues like that. But that is not the point though, adding in lots of provinces with lots of characters and giving them events and unique mechanics for all of Asia really will slow down the game and some people already have those issues and loads of people have reported issues like that in the past so your one voice does not outweigh all the others I am afraid :p

@Prometheus_1: I run CK2 on a computer that is severely overpowered for it (my gaming tower has Skylake i7, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, 16 GB RAM, and I have CK2 installed on a solid state hard drive), but there's a lot of people who run it on what we in the States like to call "toasters" (just because in theory the system requirements are pretty low). The others are basically right about the "computer strain" part of adding the Far East: the underlying game engine is roughly seven years old at this point, and though PDX has done some things to ease the strain (they added multicore processing to several areas in Reaper's) there's only so much you can do. You can get something like Fallout 4 or Star Citizen to play decently well on an older PC by reducing graphics settings, but this is a processing-heavy game.

Becoming Samrat Chakravartin as Punjab is on my CK2 bucket list and I would be happy to see the Far East added so I could do something similar there, but for right now I'm going to have to say, "wait for the next game".