• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Your Majesty, with the Holy Roman Empire defeated by the heretics and forced to embrace the Protestant heresy, I do not believe they are fit to be the heirs of Rome anymore. To this aim, I strongly recommend that, as the Protector of the Greeks, we as loyal Hispanian servants of the Pope and God take up the mantle of becoming emperors of Rome, once we have a large enough tax base, of course.

French Call-to-arms:Abstain
Offer Cusco Protection?: Yes
Christian Anti-Discriminatory Laws: Abstain

~Hernando Francisco de Leon

((Officially asking the king to make upgrading to empire rank a higher priority.))

ZNfNFMT.png

To the court,

Please forgive my absence at court, I have been meditating on the future of Hispania, my family, and the world. Hispania needs to offer its protection to the people of Cusco not only because they have gold and favors but because they deserve our benefice.

((To Limmona))
Dear friend,

After all these years of courting your daughter I come now to you to beg her hand. I am not getting younger and my house desperately needs a heir. Know that I will always have your best interests at heart,
-Prince Ferrante

((To His Highness))
Your Majesty,

I write to you humbly begging for the extension of my domain to include the counties of Lucania and Cosenza. These counties a De Jure part of my patrimony and hold no large noble families to upset. Merely they are impoverished, suffering under petty despots and robber barons. I urge you to help me in liberating them.

-Prince Ferrante D'Este y Medici, Prince of Calabria, of Squillace and Cantazaro, Knight of the Reformed Church

Christian Anti-Discriminatory Laws: Yes of course

[Landed Noble, Cortz, Reformed]

((To His Highness))
Your Majesty,

I write to you humbly begging for the extension of my domain to include the counties of Lucania and Cosenza. These counties a De Jure part of my patrimony and hold no large noble families to upset. Merely they are impoverished, suffering under petty despots and robber barons. I urge you to help me in liberating them.

-Prince Ferrante D'Este y Medici, Prince of Calabria, of Squillace and Cantazaro, Knight of the Reformed Church

JpsioAG.png

I'm afraid that I must deny your request. The recent religious turmoil is still fresh in my mind, and with attempts to reconcile with the Church it would be unwise to antagonize them further by granting a heretic the title of duke and accompanying lands. Perhaps I shall reconsider after the matter of this Anti-Discriminatory Law is considered further. I would surely be more inclined to grant you another title with the laws of our kingdom granting further protection to heretics.

- His Majesty, Pere V de Trastámara, King of Hispania and Protector of the Greeks & the Knights

José opposed the idea of honor the French call to arms. Too often have the French relied on Hispania in the past. Also this war could be bad for business. He was also against offering protection to Cusco as he believed that resources could be spent better on other things.
The Christian Anti-Discriminatory Laws had José's support as he was of the opinion that these laws were a step into the right direction of bringing long overdue religious reform to Hispania.

French Call-to-arms: No
Offer Cusco Protection?: No
Christian Anti-Discriminatory Laws: Yes

[José Fulminante, Courtier, Merchant]

Montségur didn't have to think long about the current matters at hand. Honouring the call was necessary, his family had built up the connection with Cusco, and he had brought the law into discussion.

((French Call-to-arms: Yes

[Protestant Duke]))

((I think I messed up in my application to Chamberlain, or is it due to lack of other votes?))

((I will respond to alscon's letter later and vote later at the same time on the plane away from the colonies in revolt or when I return home))

So many letters and such a choice too, mused Juan as he saw the lack of response. And then the king comes out with this vote, my my such a lot of writing to do.
I can not appoint you to the role of Chamberlin, that is for your fellow nobles to decide, I wish you well, but I must remind you that in being Chamberlin, I can not otherwise appoint you to another position.
Yours truly,
Juan II de Soneta
I invite you to the roll of Marshall, I hope you may accept this role, and lead Hispania with much skill
Yours truly
Juan II de Soneta
As the realms only admiral, I only see it fit that you should fulfil the role of Grand Admiral to Hispania,
may you lead her fleets well,
Yours truly
Juan II de Soneta
Dearest friend,
I hope that you can join me in the foundation of a new era in this realms government, by becoming my Chancellor((I think mike said I can appoint this, I can't recall if it was this or Chamberlin he said no no to ;) ))
Yours truly and may God bless
Juan II de Soneta
I offer to you the position of Steward,
I hope you may serve and govern this realm most efficiently
Yours truly,
Juan II de Soneta
It would be a pleasure to have you as Grandmaster to the Realm, just don't be meddling with just fish you hear,
we need to continue Senor Hashem's work.
Good luck to you sir
Juan II de Soneta
I must aplogise that I chose José for the role good sir,
but I ask that you may take the role of Treasurer, to further your good to the realm,
May God bless thee,
Juan II de Soneta

Voting

French Call to Arms: Yes
Offer Cusco Protection: Yes
Anti Discriminatory Laws: Yes
Cardinal Juan II de Soneta, Prime Minister, Court Chaplain

((sorry if I made any mistakes mike, and that I missed off the smaller roles, I would rather if people could petition themselves for the roles, but no matter, I like this new council :) ))

Reactions:
Etxeto-arms.gif

A Message from Duque y Conte y Conte Ximon T.L. Etxeto of House Etxeto

The Duque y Conte y Conte Etxeto wishes to express his acceptance of the position of Steward of the Realm.

~ Lord Ximon Tomas Luys Etxeto, Duque de Navarra, Conte de Viscaya, Conte de Riojo

José was delighted when he read de Soneta's letter. He was now the Grandmaster of Aragon Hispania. He wondered why the Cardinal had appointed a fisherman as Grandmaster, granted José was not an ordinary fisherman, he was quite successful but still, he was a fisherman. José felt that his appoint as Grandmaster could further his own interests, especially in the fishing business.

((@Michaelangelo Would I be allowed to fire the current royal merchant and hire a new one?))

French Call-to-arms: Yes
The French are our oldest allies, we cannot betray them now and break centuries worth of trust! We must stand with them whenever they need us, so they will supprt us when we will require their assistance
These natives are uncivilized and they clearly require our help. I say we do everything we can to guide them into a brighter future!
We are all Christian in the end! One should not be descriminated only because he wishes to worship the Almighty in a different way!

Matthias de Saint-Pierre
Head of the Trans-Atlantic Trading Company, General of Hispania
[courtier, general, NPC]

So many letters and such a choice too, mused Juan as he saw the lack of response. And then the king comes out with this vote, my my such a lot of writing to do.

I invite you to the roll of Marshall, I hope you may accept this role, and lead Hispania with much skill
Yours truly
Juan II de Soneta

I humbly accept the position of Marshal, as my ancestor Carlos did before me. I hope to redeem Carlos's mistakes when he was Marshal and shall defend Hispania and the Church with all of my skill.

Regards,
Hernando Francisco de Leon

José was delighted when he read de Soneta's letter. He was now the Grandmaster of Aragon Hispania. He wondered why the Cardinal had appointed a fisherman as Grandmaster, granted José was not an ordinary fisherman, he was quite successful but still, he was a fisherman. José felt that his appoint as Grandmaster could further his own interests, especially in the fishing business.

((@Michaelangelo Would I be allowed to fire the current royal merchant and hire a new one?))

((Well my career lasted long... :p))

Reactions:
((I think I messed up in my application to Chamberlain, or is it due to lack of other votes?))

((No, it was fine. I didn't hold a formal vote because I wanted to allow the Cortz to figure it out between themselves. Seeing as you're the only name I've seen put forward, it is most likely you'll be chamberlain.))

I can not appoint you to the role of Chamberlin, that is for your fellow nobles to decide, I wish you well, but I must remind you that in being Chamberlin, I can not otherwise appoint you to another position.
Yours truly,
Juan II de Soneta

((Actually, you can appoint him to another position. Players can assume two roles if they are related, while court chaplain and chamberlain can be paired with anything. It's the same reason you can be both prime minister and court chaplain.))

Dearest friend,
I hope that you can join me in the foundation of a new era in this realms government, by becoming my Chancellor((I think mike said I can appoint this, I can't recall if it was this or Chamberlin he said no no to ;) ))
Yours truly and may God bless
Juan II de Soneta

((While you can appoint the chancellor, alscon's character is an open heretic and can't be appointed to the council. However, if the Anti-Discriminatory Law passes, he would be eligible. I'd be willing to appoint him after the vote if the law passes if you still want him as chancellor.)))

((sorry if I made any mistakes mike, and that I missed off the smaller roles, I would rather if people could petition themselves for the roles, but no matter, I like this new council :) ))

((That's fine. The viceroy positions are not vital, so you can appoint those position at your leisure. It's only the small council that really matters. I realize that appointing so many people is tricky when they aren't that forthcoming about which positions they want, so I appreciate the efforts taken as our first prime minister. :)))

((As grandmaster, you are free to hire and fire crown merchants whenever you want. The ones labelled as a merchant for a trade company cannot be touched though.))

Reactions:
Your Majesty, with the Holy Roman Empire defeated by the heretics and forced to embrace the Protestant heresy, I do not believe they are fit to be the heirs of Rome anymore. To this aim, I strongly recommend that, as the Protector of the Greeks, we as loyal Hispanian servants of the Pope and God take up the mantle of becoming emperors of Rome, once we have a large enough tax base, of course.

Christian Anti-Discriminatory Laws: Abstain

~Hernando Francisco de Leon

((Officially asking the king to make upgrading to empire rank a higher priority.))

((Oops, missed that this was a formal request to the king. :p))

JpsioAG.png

An interesting proposition, to say the least. Indeed, recent events in the Holy Roman Empire have made its claim to be the successors of Rome questionable. With our roles as Protector of the Greeks, we are certainly in a better position to claim such a title. I shall certainly consider the matter further and perhaps discuss it with our brothers in Constantinople before bringing it before the court again.

- His Majesty, Pere V de Trastámara, King of Hispania and Protector of the Greeks & the Knights

((Once we hit the required 1000 development, we'll have a vote on claiming empire rank. I don't know if the game will automatically tell me when we reach that point, but if it doesn't feel free to remind me.))

((Oops, missed that this was a formal request to the king. :p))

JpsioAG.png

An interesting proposition, to say the least. Indeed, recent events in the Holy Roman Empire have made its claim to be the successors of Rome questionable. With our roles as Protector of the Greeks, we are certainly in a better position to claim such a title. I shall certainly consider the matter further and perhaps discuss it with our brothers in Constantinople before bringing it before the court again.

((Once we hit the required 1000 development, we'll have a vote on claiming empire rank. I don't know if the game will automatically tell me when we reach that point, but if it doesn't feel free to remind me.))
((There should be a notification once that happens, saying "You can now upgrade rank" or something like that. But we just need 20 development, so I would suggest killing random natives in the meantime.))