• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
what dlc i should put on and what of(i ve got all of them)i know that i have to put old gods but what about the others?

Put on all except Sunset Invasion, as no DLC can be incompatible with a mod.

Put on all except Sunset Invasion, as no DLC can be incompatible with a mod.

Enabling Sunset Invasion is fine too if you're too lazy to disable, since it has absolutely no effect on the mod so far as I can tell.

I remember disabling Sunset Invasion's functionality in the past, but I did that with the intention of adding a SI-triggered non-canon scenario later.

May I ask what fiddling you did, in the hopes that I can use that to at least continue my game?

(Also, at least this confirms that it wasn't just me.)

Honestly, I really have no idea... just keep reloading the game and eventually the game won't crash when zooming over the army. Then, I imagine you'll be able to continue (though I have no idea if the crash will recur).

Edit: Upon further inspection, it seems that for one time after something is changed in Britannia\interface, the crash doesn't occur. It occurs the next time you play the game, but changing it back seems to resolve the crash for one time again. Try alternating between the attached Britannia\interface\settlements.gfx (you'll probably have to resave it with the right extension) and the one already in the mod, and I think you'll be able to bypass the crash.

Attachments

• settlements.txt
    17,2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Unfortunately, swapping the settlements.gfx files did not work for me. I'm going to try to run out this war without zooming, and see if that helps. Also, monthly autosaves.

If you have any other ideas, I'm all ears. This is really annoying and weird.

Edit:
I've discovered a way that causes it have this crash at any zoom level. It doesn't appear to be associated with the army at all, or the zoom, except that I'm guessing that it was at that zoom level that whatever causes the crash comes onscreen. There's something at about the latitude of Lleyn, between there the center of the island of Britannia, that causes the crash.

Last edited:
What exactly do I need to fire for my character to become Bretwalda?

To see the decision to claim the Cynerice of Aenglaland, you must:
- Not be female
- Have Anglo-Saxon culture
- Aenglaland must not already have a holder
- No one has currently claimed Aenglaland
- Ius Imperii Edictus must not have been declared
- Hold at least one of the 7 Anglo-Saxon kingdoms (Anglia, Cantia, Mercia, West Seaxe, Northumbria, South Seaxe, or East Seaxe)
- Be independent
- Be a king-level title
- There must be at least two other Anglo-Saxon or Frisian kings of 2 other of the Heptarchy kingdoms that are not incapable

Then, you'll be able to see all the other requirements for the decision (there's quite a few). Taking the decision will begin the event chain that asks the other kingdoms to submit to you, which may involve wars, and if you are successful you will gain the Cynerice of Aenglaland.

Here's my last functional autosave, that doesn't cause the crash. I'm hoping that being able to compare the saves might be of some help. as there's something different between the two that makes the other one crash.

Hey guys, I saw that the positions were a bit off so i fiddled around with nudge and fixed them up.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/8ik9bfr4a7nl4ix/positions.txt

Great, I'll try to include this.

Here's my last functional autosave, that doesn't cause the crash. I'm hoping that being able to compare the saves might be of some help. as there's something different between the two that makes the other one crash.

I'll take a look.

I'll take a look.
Thanks, sorry for being so much trouble. If it helps, here's another save that is consistently crashing within two days of starting (I tried to continue play from that working autosave).

Steps to reproduce:
Unpause
Let date advance to the 14th.
Move window towards the center of Britain.

If that area is already in view before unpausing, the game crashes on the 14th. (The save starts on the 12th.)

I'm not really sure if the faces are really all the appropriate- since this mod is based around Britain and Gaul, I would imagine that most of the Romans and Romano-Gallics are just assimilated Gauls, so the default "Frankish" portraits would probably be appropriate for them. Not sure about Norse faces for the Anglo-Saxons either; I see the Anglo-Saxons as having more in common with the Germanic peoples in (modern) Germany proper, and the Norse faces are really only appropriate for Norse. byzantinegfx for Armenians and Greco-Romans is appropriate, though (no idea why they used to use easternslavicgfx).

Thanks for the positions, too, it's saved us a lot of work.

To see the decision to claim the Cynerice of Aenglaland, you must:
- Not be female
- Have Anglo-Saxon culture
- Aenglaland must not already have a holder
- No one has currently claimed Aenglaland
- Ius Imperii Edictus must not have been declared
- Hold at least one of the 7 Anglo-Saxon kingdoms (Anglia, Cantia, Mercia, West Seaxe, Northumbria, South Seaxe, or East Seaxe)
- Be independent
- Be a king-level title
- There must be at least two other Anglo-Saxon or Frisian kings of 2 other of the Heptarchy kingdoms that are not incapable

Then, you'll be able to see all the other requirements for the decision (there's quite a few). Taking the decision will begin the event chain that asks the other kingdoms to submit to you, which may involve wars, and if you are successful you will gain the Cynerice of Aenglaland.

Aha, I see now. Thankies.

So far as faces go I would have thought creating a new set by mixing the celticgfx and westerngfx might have been the best method of portraying the Saxons, at least in the earlier stages of the game. Some of the clothing and headpieces look a little out of place in the fifth century.

Aha, I see now. Thankies.

So far as faces go I would have thought creating a new set by mixing the celticgfx and westerngfx might have been the best method of portraying the Saxons, at least in the earlier stages of the game. Some of the clothing and headpieces look a little out of place in the fifth century.

Indeed they do, but none of us have the skill to fix Luca0213's old custom portraits or make any ourselves.