• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So just started a new Poland game - Hard AI, AI bonuses, Ironman. Was going at slow pace, didn't expand other than taking in TO as vassal and joining the empire. Had a plan to restore Hungary PU if I can manage to RM them. Anyway in a war with Denmark (Austrian alliance) and just plodding along then Poland's world just goes crazy. Austrian monach dies and yes PU. 3 months later Burgundian king dies! Yes inheritance. Went from 24 FL to 80FL in 3 months.
Current empire [Note the date - so very early and so much cores - will wait to patch 1.2 to play this anymore so I get the new tweaks. Will try to allow France/Muscovy/Ottomans all space to grow so they become great rivals]:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

iMwa45Ol.png

My first complete game as the Ottomans and getting the Sultan of Rum achievment, the game and myself messed up toward the end because I took some Hungarian provinces but couldnt release them as a vassal even though they did not exist.

Other such highlights include:
the fact that Russia never formed due to my intervention and Muscovy was partitioned between myself and Sweden resulting in them loosing most of their land West of the Urals.

Le Blob was fairly frightening this game especially after it went Revolutionary, thats it owning most of North America, most of Northern Spain, and for reasons Im sure even the AI cant understand Iceland and a chunk of Norway.

The US and Louisiana both successfully revolted against France leaving a Cosmopolotine cultured United States

Ulm was the dark horse blob of Europe owning most of central and southern Germany

and for your Far Eastern blobs Zhou was the one who came on top of the warring Chinese states, I would have gladly relieved them of land... but then they made friends with France...

Last edited:
Interesting. I don't understand how to start recording my game after creating the trim file, though.

I think you have to upload two save trimmed files. I uploaded my 1490 save, and then I uploaded my 1665 save. It seemed to work then.

My modest Manchu game. Ming falls apart early and I take advantage. Muscovy is still a Eastern tech country so I can't westernize. Any ideas on how I can? I'm starting to fall behind a lot in tech.

Easiest way is to get a province next to a colony of one of the Western powers. Maybe get Exploration and colonise the west coast of the Americas?

An update to my Portugal game. I got lucky and got the event giving me cores on all bordering Indian provinces. I haven't gotten it a 2nd time, so I don't think I'll be getting Master of India. For the Chinese Coast mission, I should have also taken Liadong, but it was Manchu's capital.

My trade goes mainly from Nippon to Sevilla, though I also get lots of trade from Brazil/Australia/Philippines/Caribbean(Spain is sending its Ivory Coast trade to the Caribbean; since both of us are the only ones with provinces there, it ends up in Sevilla anyway in the same number of jumps, but there are fewer merchants in the Caribbean than in the Mauritanian Coast). At one point my trade was 1600, and it goes down by a few hundred when Britain parks 80 light ships in Sevilla.

At one point, I had exactly 29 mercantilism, but then I got an event raising it by 1, so I lost the EITR modifier :mad: Because I figured it would never go down anyway, I decided to take a decision giving me 5 more...

Now I've reached my goal of 1000 trade income. Let's see if I can get 2000 by the end of the game. I'm rushing to finish this before the patch epicly nerfs my trade income.

eu4_60.jpg

eu4_58.jpg

eu4_59.jpg

eu4_61.jpg

eu4_62.jpg

eu4_63.jpg

eu4_64.jpg

eu4_65.jpg

eu4_66.jpg

Imperium Helveticorum

eu4_1174.png

eu4_1105.png

Not huge empire, however I am proud having found ways to weaken the blob in different effective ways, like forcing religion or releasing nations. I can now access to 3 seas. If I could play one more century, I am sure I can finish replacing frenchies by swiss :p

Last edited:
My Ottoman Empire ! Not really that impressive , didn't concentrate much on the mamlukes !
2ez4i8x.jpg

I have Iraq in PU , Styria and Siena as vassals ! Also I had Crimea and Qara koyunlu in PU and Syria as vassal !
k0rr12.jpg

It is really a weird game , from a noble republic of Austria and Hungary , to the orthodox kingdom of venice ( They surrendered to the rebels in corfu or something , They could have handled it easily but they chose to accept demands , don't ask me why lol ) , but the weirdest thing is this xD :

j13nuo.jpg

I know that I made this possible by releasing Styria as vassals , so it's normal they are muslim , but damn a muslim habsburg , just think of the possibilities :D !
I might as well just marry them and hope for a habsburg ottoman empire :D ! that would be awesome !

nothing special, I've just finished my fist campaign, as Hungary. didn't want to grow too big, decided only to take worthwile provinces (meaning not expanding into the HRE until I was really strong).

World map (it's weird, the amount of native states existing in the Americas):
Europe (as you can see, at the end I was in a huge coalition war against Russia, didn't have time to finish it though)
Protestantism rules:
Tech penalty, schmech penalty...
I'm sure I'm pretty late to this particular party, but something is definately wrong with the way the AI bulids buildings, just look at that trade value map, and the income, and manpower numbers:

now I can't decide if I should wait for the patch, and immediately start a new campaign on Ironman, or I should suffer through a CKII campaign (it's a really cool niche game, but I find it IMMENSELY confusing), and start a new campaign with my converted save...

eu4_28.png

My Norway. It's the diplo map because Norway's color is a bit pale and it doesn't really stand out. Anyways, I tried "moving capital to North America" thing and I am currently next only to France, Ottoman Empire and Russia in force limits... ...seriously, France needs to be nerfed, how come their force limit is even bigger than mine?!

Anyways, it's only 1615 but I don't think I'm going to play this game anymore. Coring even a base tax 1 overseas colony takes +140 months. I guess you could say my American extent is a bit overkill... and that even without connecting through Panama. (I guess coring time does not depend on whether it's overseas or not) I originally wanted to do "Norwegian Sunset Invasion" against Sweden (which constantly invaded me and I had to buy them off) but now, even though I can certainly destroy Sweden, it just doesn't seem very worth.

And the war? It's a damn succession war that randomly broke out over some OPM in the Low Countries. And that's my first European war after moving to Manhattan... it got too tedious and it's a war for something I don't even care.

I think moving to North America and claiming all of it (well, not all, but a big chunk of it) was a nice survival strategy. If I stuck to Europe, then Sweden would have kicked my ass pretty hard and there was no way I could bail myself out of it. But once I've done that, I miss all the action in Europe... it's a bit lonely in the Americas. I went to a colonial war against Spain and sieging the entire Argentina/Southern Brazil wasn't just worth it. Sieging an overseas province gave me 0.1 war score each.. shouldn't they be worth more in a "colonialism" war?

Anyways, I think playing Norway was only slightly harder than Portugal thanks to Sweden being a persistant threat.

Last edited:
eu4_28.png

My Norway. It's the diplo map because Norway's color is a bit pale and it doesn't really stand out. Anyways, I tried "moving capital to North America" thing and I am currently next only to France, Ottoman Empire and Russia in force limits... ...seriously, France needs to be nerfed, how come their force limit is even bigger than mine?!

Anyways, it's only 1615 but I don't think I'm going to play this game anymore. Coring even a base tax 1 overseas colony takes +140 months. I guess you could say my American extent is a bit overkill... and that even without connecting through Panama. (I guess coring time does not depend on whether it's overseas or not) I originally wanted to do "Norwegian Sunset Invasion" against Sweden (which constantly invaded me and I had to buy them off) but now, even though I can certainly destroy Sweden, it just doesn't seem very worth.

And the war? It's a damn succession war that randomly broke out over some OPM in the Low Countries. And that's my first European war after moving to Manhattan... it got too tedious and it's a war for something I don't even care.

You would have hated EU3 then.. coring time was 600 months for anything. I don't mind the 11 years waiting as it's only like 4 ADM points so it's barely noticeable. Also with patch 1.2 it's changing too.

eu4_13_zps9ed7ff6d.png

Ah yes, one of my favorite chapters in history. Who could forget the tale of the stalwart Shona men and women who braved the Atlantic in 1505 and settled in Brazil, only to find the natives most unwelcoming.

And then, eleven years later, they'd already decided those Portuguese folks who settled next to them in Brazil had everything figured out, and it'd be in Mutapa's best interest to be more like Portugal.

eu4_16_zps277e1bc6.png

:)

And that's an old update, as I've been busy playing with said glorious Mutapa. It's now 1584, and as soon as I reach one of my first expansion goals I'll show you all how Great my Zimbabwe can be. Well, maybe not as great as my EUIII playthrough with em'... but still pretty darn great.

EDIT: And yes, it is Ironman, because that's the kind of masochist I am.