• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
After DDRJake Ryukyu posted screenshots and dont want to post my empires anymore! :laugh:

Brunei>Malaya mid 1630s
rZTAPH1l.png

I played 5 games for more than 50 years so far, my first was Portugal till 1550s (a lot of mistakes, e.g. going for military ideas before exploration).

My second game was Castille => Spain.

World map:
d8mw.png

I PU'd Portugal in the 1550s I guess.
Russia imploded into Ryazan (Russia is broken).
I declared at least 10 Trade wars against the UK, in one of them I thought that releasing the USA (as a Kingdom) would lower their income and naval limits, but they still had the biggest naval limits.
Astrakhan was doing good!

Overview:
dqnj.png

My late game fun:
8uqa.png

My third game was Muscowy => Russia, I played till 1660s because Siberia colonization pissed me off, I'm gonna try to play it again if Paradox ever fix that. No images from my empire, but that's one marvelous snakey Blobhemia.

When I saw it for the first time I thought that I should ally and help them get to the Adriatic Sea and Black Sea.. because why not? But they never went for it before I gave up that game.
gkoo.png

My fourth game was Byzatium, I gave up after trying to westernize for a lot of time before 1600s then I realized wasn't worth it.

And my final game Brandenburg => Prussia => Germany => HRE (I formed the HRE in the final years just for the achievement fun).

World Map:
sd6x.png

PU'd Bohemia in the early game. Later I annexed Bohemia and PU'd Hungary that had an Empire from the Adriatic to the Black Sea.
Then I vassalized some electors and became emperor turning the entire HRE protestant except Milan.
When I Revoked the Privilegia, only Milan didn't agree by -2 (I had 200+ relations, alliance, royal marriage, 100 authority, 11 or 12 diplomatic reputation (I waited for an event to fire that gives 5 dip rep) but didn't work, they were too big.
Diploannexed some vassals in the HRE and Hungary and PU'd Ukraine recovering all their cores and feeding them some tartari provinces.
In the 1700 I had Riga and Ukraine as a buffer zone against Russia and Byzantium for Ottomans (that became a noble republic and I destroyed it later).
Annexed the lowlands countries and conquered the Netherlands European holdings and moved my capital to Holland.
Late game just pushed for neat provinces in the west and annexed the three vassals left.

Spain was in PU under Portugal since ~1650s I guess, they diploannexed in the 1800s. Portugal did a nice job in Iran/Pakistan/India. I liberated Castillian Brazil after a war against Portugal.
Muscowy formed Russia but decided to get some provinces back. They need to clean up cores after forming Russia.
Granada lives (rebelled against Spain)!
Burgundy now lives in Mali, Netherlands in Canada.

Overview:
pdyk.png

Last shot before enacting Renovatio Imperii:
d0j6.png

Now I'm gonna wait for the 1.2 patch and maybe play a non european country, unite India or Japan.

317CED51AC2BB4AE2EDF74C8D4C2B97BFEFB8B5E

Here's my shot at Oman, which started as a desire to fully control trade passing through the Gulf of Aden. It quickly became an attempt at dominion over what many are now calling the Omani Ocean, with a secondary goal of maintaining 100% Shiite religious unity (in which I succeeded). Khiva, Gwalior, Garjat and Mysore are all vassals, while the Ottomans are in a PU under me. I had a royal marriage with them from very early on in order to dissuade any attacks from that direction, and was focusing on the eastern front when this lovely message popped up:

78AAC847E7B7986D20B7F16B7C4EF04544B52F0B

This led to a decade-long war that pretty much tore my country apart, but it was worth it. Having the Ottomans as a personal attack dog has proved so helpful that I decided not to integrate them, despite having the opportunity to do so. The final years of the campaign saw a war against an alliance web including Russia, France, Spain, Portugal and much of the HRE (though ruled by OPM Augsberg...), with Zhou backing up my side for good measure. The only warscore losses were from blockades and Khiva getting 2k armies stuck between a rock and a Russian 80k deathstack. The Ottomans locked out pretty much the entirety of Europe with only a little help from an army of my own.

This was probably the most fun campaign I've had out of the three countries I've played so far (Russia, Papal State and this). Oman comes highly recommended!

Edit: Link to game replay

Last edited:
My current Austrian Empire. An MP game with a few friends.
Players: .nrgiza = Venice
Bread, me, = Austria
Scarge = Ottoman Empire
Raw = France
RedEye = Spain

ZYlFYIy.jpg
sDz93hx.jpg

Started the game off in a bad position. Austria had around 10 loans, and hadn't done ANY expansion. France and Burgundy, both players, were buddy buddies, so I decided to ally the Ottomans! This proved to be the smartest move of the campaign. I started to RP the Emperor a bit, and was determined to defend it to my last breath. Burgundy and France declared war to eat up Northern Germany, and quickly beat and occupied parts of it. A last ditch offensive of split off Burgundy regiments was successful, and a won battle against France made them want peace, as they had nothing to gain. Even with France out, Burgundy still stood strong. It marched down to my lands, and occupied Tyrol and a few other provinces. The final battle took place in Karnten, where after a string of victories, I completely wiped their army. I reoccupied my provinces with the help of the Ottomans, and we renewed an offensive. Burgundy eventually lost that war, releasing the Duchy of Cleve.

This was the turning point in Austria's rocky history. Through a series of wars, I racked up enough Imperial authority to pass revoke the privlegia, after me and the Turks were completely beat by a Spaniard-Frankish-Venetian alliance. This war was known as 'World War I', and the provinces of Alsace, Sundgau, Krain & Gorz were lost. After this, Austrian generals turned completely defensive, preventing the same mistakes happening twice. No longer can 76,000 French Men march through Austria taking no losses.

The second great war took place in a combined Venetian-Frankish offensive to cancel the vassalization of Savoy and Genoa. I had revoked the Privlegia by this point, and Savoy was already being integrated in a PU by France, where it was automatically cancelled and vassalized by me. (I believe this is a bug, though.) I had not been prepared for this, and I told France I would surrender Savoy immediately if he would make peace now. France accepted, and so Genoa was denied for Venice, stopping the formation of Italia.

After this war, me and the Turks enjoyed a long deal of prosperity, eventually culminating in the third and final (for now) great war. It started when Persia allied Venice. The Turks declared war on Venice, and it answered. To our surprise, Venice was not the war leader, making it unable to call in it's allies, Spain and France. France circumnavigated this by declaring war on my using an insult CB, and quickly rushed it's 100k army over my borders. Spain was AI'd at this point, as the player was late and there was no sub. Through some crazy string of alliances, AI Spain somehow joined the war against France. We're still unsure how exactly this happened. AI Spain was busy ferrying over it's 80k army when RedEye came back. He'd been wanting to declare war on France for a while, but never had a good chance. When he joined back, he renewed an entire offensive that cost France most of it's army, as Raw had went far too deep, and took too much attrition from Defensive. By now Venice had pretty much been nearly all occupied by my 6 Billion vassal troops, and they all started to move into Northern France. When France sent a new, renewed army up North to deal with them, I took a chance and attempted to wipe this, which I succeeded at.

By this point, Spain and France had made peace. Spain's original demands were Jamaica and Rousillon, but they were instantly denied. Spain eventually settled for 2 random ass colonies. Hilariously France went afk while still at war, and said '100% for cores'" and pretty much gave up. Unfortunately the host was extremely argumentative and demanded that the game keep paused so Spain could get military access to save Venice's ass. When France came back, me and him made peace with him ceding back Alsace and Sundgau, as well as Liege for his acts of aggression. (Alsace and Sundgau were somehow cosmopolitane, and were immediately culture converted for the good of the Empire.) Me and the Turks felt disheartened to see 80,000 spanish troops take back the sieged provinces of Venice, and by the end of it we decided to go in a glory charge. 120,000 Turkish and Austrian troops stormed down into Cremona for the great final battle of the war. (To give some backstory, as I cant be arsed somehow fitting this back into the paragraph, Spain had dowed me using colonialism CB, so he could help Venice.) We completely won and wiped their entire army. I demanded Istria and my cores back, while the Turks gained all of Egypt. (Cairo, Dumyat, Libya & Gaza)

This ended the 3rd great war, but the 4th is soon to come. Austria is ready with 165,000 Brave Imperial Troops ready to slay the empires enemies, and if need be, die for it. I could';ve formed the HRE at least 100 years ago, but I decided against it because after seeing France try and manage the slippery small stacks my vassals sent to Northern France, and consulting with the Turks, we decided that it'll serve far better to let the AI mess with the players. Constantly running and whatnot. (I cannot stress how valuable those vassals were. They kept France's army busy for a good long while, allowing Venice to be wrecked.)

And so stands Austria, starting from a nation deep in debt, to one of the greatest powers in the world. Holding the title of having the largest army, and the strongest economy.

Vivat imperio!
Vivat imperio!
Vivat imperio!

Any questions? :)

EDIT: We'd still love some players. Europe is very empty, and we're missing a GB and a Ukraine or Muscovy. You could even take Vijijay, which has basically unified India. (still no Hindustan, though.) Unfortunatly, Spain and Venice are in India, but I'm sure you and the Turks could form some sort of agreement.

Last edited:
@Tetrinity

Wow! Nice Oman!
And I especially like this one:

Thanks :) thinking of going for an HRE minor next. Perhaps I'll create the continent of Saxony.

By far the worst Omani empire I have ever seen. Shameful.

Kidding, kidding :p Good stuff, just makes me hate that you can actually play this game though, I'm dying to start up a campaign. :p

<3

Edit: That Europe looks insanely fun. Nice balance of power there.

Edit: That Europe looks insanely fun. Nice balance of power there.

If you're referring to me, and my ego says yes, then yeah, it is pretty fun. It's pretty much an eternal stalemate, though. We wouldn't dare to invade mainland spain, attrition alone would kill us. The main battleground is in the alps.

317CED51AC2BB4AE2EDF74C8D4C2B97BFEFB8B5E

Here's my shot at Oman, which started as a desire to fully control trade passing through the Gulf of Aden. It quickly became an attempt at dominion over what many are now calling the Omani Ocean, with a secondary goal of maintaining 100% Shiite religious unity (in which I succeeded). Khiva, Gwalior, Garjat and Mysore are all vassals, while the Ottomans are in a PU under me. I had a royal marriage with them from very early on in order to dissuade any attacks from that direction, and was focusing on the eastern front when this lovely message popped up:

78AAC847E7B7986D20B7F16B7C4EF04544B52F0B

This led to a decade-long war that pretty much tore my country apart, but it was worth it. Having the Ottomans as a personal attack dog has proved so helpful that I decided not to integrate them, despite having the opportunity to do so. The final years of the campaign saw a war against an alliance web including Russia, France, Spain, Portugal and much of the HRE (though ruled by OPM Augsberg...), with Zhou backing up my side for good measure. The only warscore losses were from blockades and Khiva getting 2k armies stuck between a rock and a Russian 80k deathstack. The Ottomans locked out pretty much the entirety of Europe with only a little help from an army of my own.

This was probably the most fun campaign I've had out of the three countries I've played so far (Russia, Papal State and this). Oman comes highly recommended!

Loots pretty cool :D

Europa Russia

My poor and weak Russia:

eu4_34.png

However!

eu4_35.png

And in the end!

eu4_36.png

Closer look on Europe:

eu4_37.png

Impressive AI work!

eu4_39.png

And amazingly! In does indeed happen!!!

eu4_38.png

Notes:
Won 3 wars at the same time at start with Muscowy. I declared war on Novgorod and Golden Horde and the other nation declared war on me afterwards. I westernized at 1490-1500 and during that time I actually won offensive war against super Lithuania! I thought I made a mistake when taking religious ideas 2nd but turns out that CB is AMAZING!!! I proceeded to expand and this is the result. So far this was the most fun game for me so far. This was my 4th full game and I enjoyed this a lot. Even with the massive coring times I managed to have fun in this one. I had to make Ultimate Shun to be able to colonize fast enough to finish before the game was over :D

No alliances were made during this game.

Last edited: