• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It worked fine for balansegang for me as well. Any chance that we could get a compatibility for P&T as well though.

Thanks for the nice mod, military skills make sense now.
The links for vanilla and CK+ at OP are messed, the one for CK+ with the ck+ name are the one for vanilla and vice versa.

Thanks for the nice mod, military skills make sense now.
The links for vanilla and CK+ at OP are messed, the one for CK+ with the ck+ name are the one for vanilla and vice versa.

Thanks!

Is a Prince and Thane version of this mod a Possibility?

Yup, I'm calibrating the values for the new version (I have again reduced the overall effect as the difference between incompetent and genius was way too strong). As soon as I'm happy with the effects, I'll post a new version for Vanilla, CK2+, Balansegang and Prince and Thane.

I approve this mod

I approve of your approval.

New version is finally out:

-tweaked the distribution of the modifier slightly.
-overall effect decreased further - I'm finally happy at the state of affairs as previously martial was too important, and going for martial education was a no-brainer.
-updated to CK2Plus 1.30.2
-CK2Plus version, in addition to the modifier includes the rebalance of the new vassal levies system introduced by Wiz in 1.30 with the effect of reducing the modifier for levies almost to a third of the original. This produces somewhat smaller armies all around as compared to the new huge armies under 1.30.
-updated to Project Balance (Balansegang; PB already uses a version of this modifier, this is for those who want the new version)
-updated to The Prince and the Thane 1.5.2

Glad your still supporting the mod, I agree that it was a little overpowered before. Just got legacy of rome and look forward to trying it with the new changes now that paradox pulled me back to the game.

Need another update for CK2+ though

Last edited:
The mod is broken for Legacy of Rome , it will not enable you to recruit the retinues nor will it let you raise your vassal levy

The mod is broken for Legacy of Rome , it will not enable you to recruit the retinues nor will it let you raise your vassal levy

Well, it was made before the new concepts were introduced so it's no big surprise. I hope to get some time in the near future to adapt it.

There seems to be a compatibility issue with Project Balance. I've tried pairing up "PB 3.0.9" or "PB 3.0.10" with "Lupus Agnum for PB" and what happens is that the "Raise Vassal Levies" button becomes unclickable. There are vassal levies that can be raised, but the button is greyed out, thus making the player unable to raise any vassal levies. After testing it a bit further it became apparent that this also applies to the AI. So both the player and the AI are only able to raise levies from the counties they hold.

EDIT: I've just read few posts up, too bad the mod is broken for LoR.

Taking this off the list of mods compatible with Project Balance as it has not been updated for recent patches.
If you release a new compatible version it'll be added back to the list.

~ Meneth

Taking this off the list of mods compatible with Project Balance as it has not been updated for recent patches.
If you release a new compatible version it'll be added back to the list.

~ Meneth
oh come on.
resurrecting a four-month dead thread just to say you're abandoning it is like nursing a dying bird just to feed it to your cat
:rofl:

oh come on.
resurrecting a four-month dead thread just to say you're abandoning it is like nursing a dying bird just to feed it to your cat
:rofl:
Ah well, maybe it is just what it needs to be updated once more ;)

Ah well, maybe it is just what it needs to be updated once more ;)

Talk about synchronicity! I made a new version yesterday, but am experiencing an increased amount of CTDs. I don't think it's down to this mod as it's incredibly simple, but want to playtest it a bit more. I used BP+SWMH+VIET events & traits plus LA. The game CTDs every few hours at random, but my last crash is reoccurring on a regular basis. Anybody know what's going on?