• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
It really wouldn't matter as the conflicting files have been matched and added onto. Those files in question are the same as those you use + the new stuff from this (in the case of the triggered_modifiers) or the variables have been matched to your mod with the exception of the ones LA specifically changes (in the case defines) with the help of WinMerge. It's the same way I make my super compilation mod pile of fun I use personally use for play :) (CK2+, FTT, Ad Limina, And that one that adds more plots and ambitions, all running happily side by side. But oh god the day I have to update that package...).

WinMerge is definitely a win for this kind of use

Balansegang version updated.
Ah, didn't see the Balansegang-specific version.

Unsure what to add, possibly events based on the level of martial? (i.e. a bad marshal has the potential to learn from a good marshal if they are both leading flanks in the same battle? Granted I have no idea how to check for that one specifically. Or perhaps a diligent education tier 1 marshal could have the potential of progressively increasing his martial based on victorious sieges etc.)
There is one combat event that increases Martial education actually.

The higher the factor the more common the event is. This applies to all 'pulse' events.
Whenever a pulse happens, any invalid events are eliminated, then the factors are calculated. Then the chance is the individual factor divided by the total factor. Do note that the MTTH factors are multiplied with the pulse factor.

I think I understood that, so let's say using my previously given example a character is both brave and a genius, then the chance is (1.5+1.2)/3 = 0.9 = 90%?
Where's that three from? And it'd be 1.5*1.2, not plus.

You may disregard it then as I obviously did not understand it at all (>,>) (was supposed to the total number of possibilities). This is probably why I have been staying away from event scripting for as long as there is a lack of documentation from PI.
Right, lets say you've got a pulse, which can trigger two different events, each with a factor of 1.
Now, due to the MTTH, one of the events gets a factor of 2, while the other remains at 1. The total factor is now 3, with the first event having a 2/3 chance of happening, and the second a 1/3 chance.
Does that make sense?

For non-pulse events though, a lower factor makes the event more common.

Great to see you back and the mod of course. I think if you want to improve the mod that's fine but if you plan on expanding it please don't these small mods are perfect so anything new just ad as a separate mod pretty please:p
It is entirely possible to both expand upon it and keep compatibility. Adding events for example would not hurt compatibility in any way, as they can simply use namespaces to ensure compatibility.

Taking this off the list of mods compatible with Project Balance as it has not been updated for recent patches.
If you release a new compatible version it'll be added back to the list.

~ Meneth

oh come on.
resurrecting a four-month dead thread just to say you're abandoning it is like nursing a dying bird just to feed it to your cat
:rofl:
Ah well, maybe it is just what it needs to be updated once more ;)

Oh and wouldn't it make more sense to use levy_size modifiers rather than max_levy and min_levy modifiers? As those disproportionately affect realms with low obligations.
Using levy_size modifiers instead would make local rulers matter more, as their incompetence would transfer up the chain.
Combining that with land_morale would probably work better than messing around with min and max levy.

Edit: Seems levy_size doesn't work on the character level. Now that's just silly.
Still, I think it'd be a decent idea to at least reduce the modifications to max and min levies in favor of land_morale and land_organisation. Min levies should probably be phased out entirely as it doesn't really make much sense that high martial lets you force vassals that hate you to provide levies.

Last edited:
Thank you for the input. Yes, without the defines the mod (modifier for martial skill) works fine. I will release a new version without the defines modified that should pretty much be compatible with every PB version in the future (unless Meneth changes the triggered_modifiers file, which is unlikely as he barely uses it).
Well, I do actually change the triggered modifiers from time to time; I use it more now than I once used to.

Taking this off the list of mods compatible with Project Balance as it has not been updated for recent patches.
If you release a new compatible version it'll be added back to the list.

~ Meneth
Well, I suppose this applies again :/