• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's a shame. It'd be the most obvious improvement to the most solid economic system I've ever seen in a game.

Johan mentioned that if you invest in the infrastructure of your spherelings it will be harder for another GP to influence them. He also mentioned that POPs being able to buy internally vs from the WM would be based on the ruling party's economic policy.

this is why i hate paradox, i have exams to do and coursework and they go and make an expantion which i will have to play religiously. Curse you paradox and your addictive and brilliant games
Pretty amazing how you can tell next year's exam dates, even before the professors know! :D

Heres hoping for Vicky 2 will have as long and happy career as EU3, which it certainly deserves.

I love it every time they announce more political addition to the game!

• Invest in building infrastructure and factories in other countries to strengthen their ties to you.
  • Deeper political system with new national focus options and new types of reforms.
  • A new system of popular movements that can be appeased or suppressed, but if ignored, will become the revolutionaries of tomorrow.
Excellent!

Sounds good. I have wanted to play a game as the CSA so the ACW scenario looks interesting but I don't know if I would want to start that late, especially when the CSA won't have much room to expand (outside of the U.S.) if they win the war. I do have a few suggestions though and the 1st one might balance things out and help get people to play the scenario instead of the GC.

1. Make the Manifest Destiny event fire for all nations whose primary culture is in the American group and not just the U.S.. This way the CSA and Texas might get the opportunity to expand westward if they survive. If the U.S. already controls the American southwest though you could still add in an event that gives Texas/ The CSA (if they control Texas) cores in Northern Mexico and the opportunity to expand to the pacific down south. It's not entirely realistic, but hey neither is the South winning the civil war or Texas sticking around. This would add more depth to CSA and Texas games as well as give more people an incentive to try the scenario since they would need to have Texas to get the event to fire.

2. Allow for espionage. I didn't use it too often in Eu3 but I see a lot of potential for it in V2. You could have spies sabotage factories in other countries or help promote revolution.

3. I think there should also be a remove from own sphere option. To my it's kind of silly that once a country lands in your sphere you can't declare war on them and you can't remove them from your sphere in order to do so. I guess the simple answer would be not to sphere theme in the first place but still it seems kind of silly not being able to declare war on them just because you hold a lot of influence over them.

1. I have a decision/event where the US recognizes CS legitimacy and the CS gains cores on AZ and NM and the US loses them(incase the AI hasn't already taken them from Mexico) and an event where the CS can demand the border states which also has AZ and NM thrown in after they gain CSA cores...

2. Espionage would be awesome, steal tech :D

3. Totally agree, it sucks being stuck with somebody in ur sphere n u can't do anything but lower relations n hope they try to leave!?!

has the exporting to HoI been mentioned?

I'm all for a better political system, without thinking the one we have now is bad. All is perfectible. But will there be substantial amelioration in the diplomacy system? Will the "Manufacture reasons to go to war with other countries, all in the name of the great game of power" means more CB and more diplomacy between countries? What about secret treaties?

Ok, I have a bomb to drop, are you ready?
[*]Invest in building infrastructure and factories in other countries to strengthen their ties to you.

I'm gonna buy countries with my millions !! ;D

Edit : If there is an expansion pack, that means that the game isn't doing so bad financially speaking ? What about your CEO that said if we earn money with vicky 2 I shave my hair ? :D