• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HOI4 Dev Diary - Achievements

Hi everyone! Release of La Résistance is closing in and we are busy fixing, testing and polishing. Today its time to present all the new achievements we are adding, so that the achievement hunters among you can start planning :)

Without further ado, here is all 20 of them (I apologize in advance for all the young whippersnappers who wont get the movie and tv show references ;) ):

One King, Two Crowns
upload_2020-2-4_23-42-32.png

As Bourbon Spain, hold all Spanish and French core states.

We will Rock you
upload_2020-2-4_23-45-9.png

As Spain, own Gibraltar.

Well, I didn't vote for you
upload_2020-2-4_23-46-3.png

Win the Spanish Civil War as the anarchists.

...our chief weapon is surprise

upload_2020-2-5_17-2-13.png

As Spain, have at least 5 spies and stage 5 coups against other nations.

Die, Perfidious Albion!
upload_2020-2-4_23-51-40.png

As Fascist France or Vichy France, occupy all of Great Britain.

Second Time’s the Charm
upload_2020-2-4_23-55-13.png

As France, occupy Moscow while Napoleon VI is your country leader.

Tour de France
upload_2020-2-4_23-54-51.png

ccupy all of mainland France while having at least 20 fully equipped Bicycle regiments.

Go ahead, Macau my day
upload_2020-2-4_23-54-21.png

As Portugal, create a collaboration government in Macau and have it own all Chinese states.

BFFs
upload_2020-2-4_23-53-59.png

As Portugal, join the same faction as Great Britain.

Warszawo, walcz!
upload_2020-2-4_23-53-27.png

Stage the Warsaw uprising and succeed.

Play it, Sam
upload_2020-2-5_0-5-14.png

Have a spy network of at least 50% strength in Casablanca.

Spies Trade
upload_2020-2-5_0-4-45.png

As India, become the spymaster for the Allies.

You Will Never Kill Me Alive
upload_2020-2-5_0-4-23.png

Have one of your spies take a Suicide Pill.

Why Die For Danzig
upload_2020-2-5_0-4-2.png

As Germany, have France turn fascist while at war with Poland.

I SEE EVERYTHING
upload_2020-2-5_0-3-41.png

Get over 90% intel in each category on a major without using code cracking

Shaken, not stirred
upload_2020-2-5_0-2-15.png

Successfully stage a coup in any nation using a spy with the Seducer trait.

Listen very carefully, I shall say this only once
upload_2020-2-5_0-6-53.png

Have a French and British spy work together on the same Operation

Man of a thousand faces, every one the same
upload_2020-2-5_0-1-23.png

Have the same spies be captured twice (so needs to be successfully rescued)

Turing Complete

upload_2020-2-4_23-41-11.png

Fully decrypt all nations in the axis

Don’t die for your country
upload_2020-2-5_0-0-54.png

The challenge from PdxCon 2019 - As Germany in 1939, occupy all of Poland and France without taking more than 475 in casualties. No paradrops allowed!

See you all next week when we will be doing an AAR writeup of what its like playing as a spymaster of your faction. Also, don't miss out on our stream at 16:00CET today if you want to see LaR in action.

Last edited:
Hopefully you don't have to get HK...
I still have PTSD from the old "Awake and Angry" and "Battlecry" achievements...
More of a problem with the way wars work than with the achievement, though, to be honest. If you had a war score system like in EU4 it wouldn't be a problem.

Why Die For Danzig
View attachment 543275
As Germany, have France turn fascist while at war with Poland.

Don’t die for your country
View attachment 543270
The challenge from PdxCon 2019 - As Germany in 1939, occupy all of Poland and France without taking more than 475 in casualties. No paradrops allowed!

I'm not happy with these two achievements as why die for danzig seems entirely outside the player's control and therefore just luck based, and don't die for your country forces you to try and beat a minimum which is way worse than 60 minutes of hel since there's only so low that your casualty count can be, and also the challenge at paradox con was done on a different version of the game than the one being released next week.

Too bad no achievement for forming Umayyad " Al-Andalus " :(

Better to have two achievements regarding the reworked Arabia (Peace be Upon You) and successful Operation Tempest (If God is With Us....)

Very funny achievements and also this time less world conquering stuff, very nice. With maybe the exception of "We will Rock you" where you need to own, instead of occupy Gibraltar.

This would just require a few restarts with historical mode turned off, you'll get the achievement when GB goes for decolonization...

I'm not happy with these two achievements as why die for danzig seems entirely outside the player's control and therefore just luck based, and don't die for your country forces you to try and beat a minimum which is way worse than 60 minutes of hel since there's only so low that your casualty count can be, and also the challenge at paradox con was done on a different version of the game than the one being released next week.

I think the idea for the Danzig one is to force you to use the espionage system to boost fascism in france and coup it (which is apparantly an advanced operation).

Very nice compared to WtT achievements

Will every nation be able to use bicycle battalions now or can only japan do the acheivment Tour de France
There are others who have it, like netherlands

Sorry about the mixup, the achivement now has correct title/pic.
upload_2020-2-5_17-3-26.png

Sad too see so little for Portugal. It could be easily done something like "Sebastião avenged"- as Portugal occupy/conquer Morroco; "It's 1808 again" - as monarchist Portugal, make Rio de Janeiro the capital, while at war with France; "Royal inn" - as Portugal have more than 2 exilied monarchic governements; "Ultimate this" - as Portugal conquer all british territoires in Africa; "Quiet neighborhood" - as Portugal own all spanish iberia before 1940; "From Malabar to Burma" - as Portugal own all British Raj territoires; "An Old Power is rising" - as democratic Portugal, liberate Angola and Mozambique, join a faction with Brazil and declare/join war againts a communist/fascist faction; "Home is where the heart is" - as Portugal, reclaim the european cores, after losing them; "The great Magellean tour" - as Portugal, have troops fighting simultaneously on Europe, Africa, South America and Asia; "Viriathus sends his regards"- as Portugal invade and conquer Rome; "Have an Algarve's orange" - as Portugal invade Turkey; "Make Alburquerque proud" - as Portugal conquer Iran"; "Make D. Manuel jealous" - as monarchic Portugal own Brazil, gulf of Guinea territoires, east Africa territoires, all of Indic coast, Indonesia and the Philipines; "James who?" - as Portugal have the maximum spies allowed; "Wolf hunter" - heve more subs than Germany, all on convoy raiding Germany; "As prince John wanted" - as Portugal annex French Guiana and Uruguay to Brazil; "This is how we do it" - as Portugal get more warscore on the SCW, then the spanish faction your are fighting for. This are just some examples, but i'm sure that others might have different ideias. Keep up the good work.