• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I have to say regarding the name of project Nero is that una hirundo non facit ver.

Spanish translation

Which means they get into the battles to help and support their retreating fellowmen (not active fighters).
Then I got it wrong. Modern historians thought that Tacitus said that...
My fault

I'd always heard that women (in many cultures) would wait at the back of the army to kill any man who fled. Joe Stalin was an ancient woman, I guess. If the tribe would be slaughtered or enslaved en masse, this made sense, and they could certainly handle the odd, I won't say coward, rough life and all, but fleeer.

All I have to say regarding the name of project Nero is that una hirundo non facit ver.

What he said.

Johan said no provinces. Now, if you're emulating Rome, that's certainly possible in a way that any conquest-type game would not permit. I mean, if the fundamental problem with a game from a design perspective is that one power owns everything, well, having no provinces simply removes that aspect of the game.

So what you're left with is CK2 mechanics used to represent the internal machinations of the Roman Republic/Empire. Still tough to see how they display it all if there's no land, i.e. everyone lives in Rome. How do I paint the map my color??? I'm guessing "shut up and take my money" will be the chorus next week.

As for not working on Rome 2, well, what if they're not calling it Rome 2? I mean, there'd be too much confusion TW, so they'd want a new name anyway.

Rome 2 by any other name and HoI4 would make my day. So would a new franchise.

Now that we know project Nero is not Rome 2, I suspect that project Augustus is, because that name fits the game and that game is the series that has gone that longest with out an update now that we know project Armstrong is most likely HoI IV.

come on guys. it was clear by now that it was not going to be rome2. just wish best results with these 2 new projects so that if they make lots of moneis they´ll revisit the idea of a second eu:rome.

come on guys. it was clear by now that it was not going to be rome2. just wish best results with these 2 new projects so that if they make lots of moneis they´ll revisit the idea of a second eu:rome.

While I wish them best of luck, neither new project is particularly interesting and I'm more interested about future CKII and EUIV DLCs, which both seem to be about India.

I still don't get what the elephant symbolized :D

While I wish them best of luck, neither new project is particularly interesting and I'm more interested about future CKII and EUIV DLCs, which both seem to be about India.

same here. I am especially interested in the new "wealth of nations" dlc for eu4. I would like very much the trade system reviewed. The concept is good but I am not very satisfied on how ot represents commerce at that time. Moreover I am more of a developer than a conqueror when playing anything. You should see me playing March of the Eagles, most tedious gameplay ever :D

simeone: the elephant was probably a mention to new CK2 dlc for indian kingdoms. My fault, I was seeing hints everywhere with my excitement :D

same here. I am especially interested in the new "wealth of nations" dlc for eu4. I would like very much the trade system reviewed. The concept is good but I am not very satisfied on how ot represents commerce at that time. Moreover I am more of a developer than a conqueror when playing anything. You should see me playing March of the Eagles, most tedious gameplay ever :D

simeone: the elephant was probably a mention to new CK2 dlc for indian kingdoms. My fault, I was seeing hints everywhere with my excitement :D

East India Companies are the aspect which interests me the most as I have read a lot about their histories, especially about VOC (Vereenigde Oost-Indische Compagnie).

i strongly disagree with paradox not make a rome 2,would become the game of the year, but they have chosen to make a fantasy game that says nothing.
certainly selling a rome 2 would have been much higher than this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.