• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
a localization in clasical latin should be a must with some posh koine greek bites :D

seriously guys, if you are going to start producing cool ideas again this is going to be painful as I have not the will to refrain from checking them any time this thread updates :D

After the disappointment which was TW: Rome II, I think it's only proper that Paradox should surpass it with EU Rome II.

A re-branding would be better:

'Roma Universalis'

Something like that.

@Johan!!!! @Wiz!!!!

Include trading with the the Han, though.

a localization in clasical latin should be a must with some posh koine greek bites :D

seriously guys, if you are going to start producing cool ideas again this is going to be painful as I have not the will to refrain from checking them any time this thread updates :D

I volunteer for a Sanskrit localization. We need authentic period languages. :D

My guess is rather, that they will delay the game to late 2019. I do not think there is currently a financial pressure on them, so no need to release the game too early. They shall take their time and sell a product, that is in a good and playable shape on release.

My guess is rather, that they will delay the game to late 2019. I do not think there is currently a financial pressure on them, so no need to release the game too early. They shall take their time and sell a product, that is in a good and playable shape on release.

That is already solved by PDS' new policy of not announcing the game early.

It says 'Early 2019' on the banner. It looks like a lot of boilerplate code looks was re-used from other Clausewitz games too so that seems very doable.

Is Johan heading this? If so I'm sure it's gonna be great!!

Not that I don't like how Jake has been managing EU4, and part of the different DLC focuses of adding buttons is probably due to them running out of ideas and cool things to add so late in the development of the game, but still, Johan did an amazing job with EU4 in his time.

All threads lead to Rome!

After the disappointment which was TW: Rome II, I think it's only proper that Paradox should surpass it with EU Rome II.

Honestly I hope they take some inspiration from the old Rome: Total War game in regards to characters and such.

I downloaded Rome the other day and damn did I realize how much I missed being attached to characters. I think it's time for me to download Medieval II... :p

CA did a decent job with Rome II.... eventually... I enjoyed the 1000 hours I played, it's just sad knowing it could've been better. I hope this is the Rome game I've been waiting for.

I got the chance to play Rome 2 Total War recently for a while at a friends place. He's got everything for it so I got to see all the various campaigns and starting countries. A fair amount there now.
Other than being pretty though with lots of different starts, it seems to still fall flat on it's face.
Every battle I fought the enemy just stood there until I got close and then finally started moving...usually diagonally towards me/off to the side while only engaging whatever troops happened to catch them.
The buildings also felt completely colourless and bland, with no real choices per se, just build enough farms to keep the food high enough to build economic, culture/religion and troop buildings.

For good Roman timeline game play I'm back to Europa Barbarorum 1+2.

I have high hopes for Imperator though, just wish it was not likely a year or so till release.

Status
Not open for further replies.