• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Not sure why we're running Euro up, outside of tradition. Ought to keep an eye on this.

DAY/NIGHT 0

Ghouls hiding amongst you. Instinct tells you that you should vote. People start screaming out ten different names at the same time. Euro comes forward with fancy looking campaign posters, declaring he is a president running for re-election. Nobody seems to notice he is voting for his main competitor. Sleepy tries to remind everyone that the angel/demon/thing said something about murderous ghouls, but doesn’t manage to raise his voice above the chorus of people screaming ‘EURO FOR PRESIDENT’. Nobody can resist the fancy campaign posters, so the president easily wins the vote in a landslide. Wait, what were we even voting for? Let’s just go to sleep.

That night, you hear a faint scream coming out of Yakman’s tent. The tent is littered with photos of everyone side-by-side. Some recent, some old, as though he was trying to compare them. Looking around a bit more you find a pile of bones, with markings of teeth on them, but no trace of Yakman. Oh right, you never took care of the ghouls.

Yakman the seer was hunted.
good job on them ghouls.

Figured I'd post a few observations since I won't be on at deadline for the shenanigans.

Alphabet soup has made a point of putting out a post nice and early so it's known he's active, but refusing to make a vote. Wolf wanting to seem active without committing to anything?

Or that where I was going to go until Euro posted, and this isn't serious enough for me to put a second vote on him so early.

Hmm, perhaps alxeu for bringing up LSST in the shamvote rather than letting it lie forgotten.

Vote alxeu

Seems rather noncommittal for Aedan, and then vote Alxeu for explaining it to a new player in the shamvote. Not sure what to make of this and the fact he commented rather than just voting day 1.

If everyone follows this line of reasoning, what meaningful analysis do you expect to glean from day 1, and what do you expect others to be able analyze if nothing happens? The rest of us can only figure things out if you give us things to learn from. You already have a vote though, so I'll wait to place a second on you.

In the meantime, I'll vote culann for clearly being in cahoots with witch agatha based upon the GM's slip and mentioning lovers when no such things exist. He's probably a tramp, or they're ghouls together, and either way it's disgraceful.
Vote Culann

This had me leaning towards villager despite what Wombat said later and clearly, he'd probably know better than I would. Grasping at straws but that's day 1 for you, but reasoning is sound if I was a tramp the description seems to be most beneficial for a wolf. It shows analysis at least to me but I've been in enough packs and JL's with Mawofdoom he has enough guile to appear to make it look like he's trying to figure out the game. Still an attempt at least garners points with me.

Yeah, fair enough. I suppose two votes isn't enough that I should've worried about bandwagoning, but I've also only ever played with alphabet a few times and don't know what to expect of him. Culann however I know a lot better under pressure, and so thought I'd be able to learn more from through my vote, so I figured it would be more useful to place my vote where I did.

This seems rather defensive, and a defensive Mawofdoom might be a guilty Mawodfoom. I don't want to read too much into day 1 banter though.

There were a few posts that typically gain attention for early cases from wolves but it seems to have pass without incident. Not sure if that means we have a skilled pack(s) on our hands and or with new players. The wagon on Euro is curious, I strongly suspect one of them to be most likely wolves, considering Euro hasn't done anything crazy yet. On that note Cailean's and Ike's vote on Wombat too is an interesting turn of events, though that's the usual consolidating on alternate candidate bit.

On that note probably should change my vote.

Unvote Arkasas
Vote Historydude

We lost the seer!
The new player is videonfanning! :eek: Obvious wolf. ;)

I really have no idea who to vote for- none of the cases so far have really been persuasive- but don't want a throwaway vote, so I will push one of the third candidates to see if we can get some more information.

Vote alxeu

The haze in my mind is slowly evaporating... I can remember more and more of my past life, it is coming back to me in little fragments. I can now recall that I was a man of quite some importance in my time. I think they called me Neville Chamberlain. Maybe my recovering memory will provide answers to the predicament we now face. I remember vividly that my past life was marked by the presence of a great peril.

As we all mourn the loss of Yakman, I am saddened to find the fearmongering @EUROO7 administration already fanning the flames of a conflict with the ghouls. I believe this pompous posturing will fail to provide a peaceful solution to the current situation, and will only drag the village into yet another bloody, prolonged crisis. Is it all just another pretense to increase village administration spending - which, I may add, has grown uncontrollably under the current administration?

I, on the other hand, believe we can arrive at a peaceful solution and coexistence with the ghouls through a process of negotation. I am as shocked and appalled at the murder of venerable Yakman as all of you are, but at the same time, I must urge all of us to keep our calm, and do not elevate this one transgression into more than what it is: an isolated incident, for which I am certain the ghouls will apologise and provide compensation. My critics say this is shows weakness on our part. I say our strength in numbers is obvious to every ghould - we do not need to parade it! Therefore, a policy of appeasement is the surest course to a peaceful resolution of the current crisis.

With all that said, even such a man of peace as I am must carry out his civic duty. Let me draw your attention to a certain Sleepyhead.

Let's check what my ol' dad, John Winchester has written about ghouls in his diary:

Ghouls are scavenger creatures that live in graveyards and traditionally feed on the flesh and blood of the dead. Ghouls are not nocturnal, they eat whenever they get the chance. At times ghouls will change their diet and will feed on living humans instead of the dead. Ghouls can also take the form of any person they have eaten, whether the person is still alive or already dead.
The only thing that can kill a ghoul is decapitation or complete destruction of the head. Bashing their brains in works as well.
We have a couple of things to go on. We know Yakman is dead, so if someone walks around yaking it up, it'll be a ghoul. We know that they they live in graveyards.

Now I don't know a damn thing about any of you. Cass isn't here, nor my brother Sam. Heck not even Crowley! We all just woke up together in a graveyard.

But thinking about that, the ghoul(s) decided to take human form and a name. What's odd is that several of them have names with numbers:

aedan777
Euro007
jeray2000
Ironhide G1
Marty99
Chumley1

What has numbers you ask? Tombstones! Date of death to be precise. And tombstones are commonplace here around us Just 1 or even G1 doesn't look like much of a date. 007 is an odd one as well. 777 was long ago so probably nothing to feed on, unless we're dealing with ancient monsters. 99 isn't that specific, however 2000 is.

Vote jeray2000

A ghoul who just decided to go by whatever it read on a tombstone? Unless someone shows up looking like Yakman, I think this is the best I can come up with.

His words above seemingly provide a justification for his attack on one of his fellow villagers. Yet under closer scrutiny, we find the logic behind the reasoning vacuous. Such wanton attacks can only serve to disintegrate the unity of this village. Thus, with a heavy heart but firm and resolute mind, I

Vote Sleepyhead

We lost the seer!
Sir, you should know from your studies of Werewolf history that the proper way to videonfan is to first interject "Oh god!" and then say we lost the seer. 4/10.

Anyway, we need more TIE. Two is not enough!

vote alxeu

The new player is videonfanning! :eek: Obvious wolf. ;)

So true!

Unvote Dedonus
Vote Flockingbird

Wait, it's rude to try to kill a new player immediately.

Unvote Flockingbird
Vote CaptainGrimlock

Shall we head for moar TIE?

Unofficial Day 1 Vote Count​

EUROO7: 4
nepechri [113]
CaptianGrimlock [118]
Historydude [134]
Chumley [culann 119 -> unvote 130 -> 136]

Team Wombat: 4
Dedonus [112]
EUROO7 [AsdFezxcas 106 -> unvote 115 -> 125]
Emperor ike [133]
Caillean [144]

alxeu: 4
Aedan [107]
Witch Agatha [129]
Ironhide G1 [146]
Arkasas [148]

CaptainGrimlock: 3
Flockingbird [109]
AsdfeZxcas [chefjones 110 -> 126]
alxeu [Dedonus 104 -> Flockingbird 149 -> 149]

culann: 1
MAWofdoom [108]

jeray2000: 1
Sleepyhead [111]

MAWofDoom: 1
Team wombat [122]

Adamus: 1
Marty99 [127]

Emperor ike: 1
Adamus [135]

chumley: 1
steed [136]

HistoryDude: 1
Culann [arkasas 116 -> 145]

Sleepyhead: 1
Jopi [147]

AsdfeZxcas: 0

Chefjones: 0

Arkasas: 0

Dedonus: 0

Not Voted
: 4
chefjones
the_hdk
inawordyes
jeray2000

Day 1 Vote Count - 1.5ish hours till deadline

Team Wombat: 4
Dedonus [112]
EUROO7 [AsdFezxcas 106 -> unvote 115 -> 125]
Emperor ike [133]
Caillean [144]

alxeu: 4
Aedan [107]
Witch Agatha [129]
Ironhide G1 [146]
Arkasas [148]

CaptainGrimlock: 3
Flockingbird [109]
AsdfeZxcas [chefjones 110 -> 126]
alxeu [Dedonus 104 -> Flockingbird 149 -> 149]

EUROO7: 3
CaptianGrimlock [118]
Historydude [134]
Chumley [culann 119 -> unvote 130 -> 136]

jeray2000: 2
Sleepyhead [111]
Adamus [emperor ike 135 -> 151]

culann: 1
MAWofdoom [108]

MAWofDoom: 1
Team wombat [122]

Adamus: 1
Marty99 [127]

chumley: 1
steed [136]

HistoryDude: 1
Culann [arkasas 116 -> 145]

Sleepyhead: 1
Jopi [147]

AsdfeZxcas: 0

Chefjones: 0

Arkasas: 0

Dedonus: 0

Emperor ike: 0

Not Voted: 5
@nepechri [euro 113 -> 152]
@Chefjones
@the_hdk
@Inawordyes
@jeray2000

• 1Like
Reactions:
Not a big fan of going for a super large day 1 tie.

UNVOTE EURO007
I concur. Let's see what Euro's onto with this Wombat business. Remember, we can always lynch our president tomorrow, as is our God-given right.

Unvote CaptainGrimlock
Vote Team Wombat