• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I like this idea quite a bit, I prefer the randomize outcomes of things like OEO and don't mind cloak for the most part. The paranoia for me was real. However, I'm not really a fan of the GA.

It's also about not having more than one protective role in the game, period.

And I tend to use the Padre instead of a GA.

Reason is that otherwise a villager accused of being the last wolf can say they surrender and get cleared as the game didn't end. We have had that happen... Its a really frustrating way to lost as a wolf and it's literally win by GM interaction.

That's silly. And agreed, it should not be possible. Requiring a PM surrender sounds reasonable for that.

What is bad is allowing the guild to double clear like that. The guild should honestly not be able to double clear, I think, as it allows it to jump-start a JL without an outing or anything, as seen here.

I have some nerfs for councils. Making them elected, but also powers do not get used by them directly - instead, they must choose someone to use them, which adds an additional layer of trust which typically won't be there day one.

I don't think it should be allowed for the liar to have everybody claim every trait routines. It defeats the purpose of the liar and it allows JLs, and only JLs, to basically exploit the liar. Baddies can't do the same.

Nerfs here as well: liars can shoot only once per game, liars can only protect once per game, no van Helsing in the ruleset means no superscan.

And yeah, block claims are exploitative, I guess you're right.

What does people think?

What should still be allowed though is deception. I once had a game where I was a lover friend of a PL, and since that lover made me basically unhuntable I started singing songs in the thread to 'claim' various PL.things, which was then used by @Caillean to make real covert claims using the fake ones as an excuse.

That was fun, though arguably the lover is broken too. To be sure that combination was.

Would people be interested in moving the deadline an hour earlier to make it a little less of a late night for our European friends? I think the majority of players are on CEST and EDT, which I know is a little tricky for the East coasters.

Sounds good to me.

Nerfs here as well: liars can shoot only once per game, liars can only protect once per game, no van Helsing in the ruleset means no superscan.
Oh, sure.
Block claims still should not be allowed though.

What should still be allowed though is deception. I once had a game where I was a lover friend of a PL, and since that lover made me basically unhuntable I started singing songs in the thread to 'claim' various PL.things, which was then used by @Caillean to make real covert claims using the fake ones as an excuse.

That was fun, though arguably the lover is broken too. To be sure that combination was.
Lover as in the distiller variant or the one where two people are lovers and die together if one dies?

I think the case you line up is borderline. If it's don't elaborately and not all claims then I guess it isn't too much a problem.

My biggest problem is with the times JL says everybody claim x, or everybody claim all traits, and then the liar gets a free way of claiming. Claims really should be crafted. Or if claimed overtly, then it should be done by a ballsy liar who takes the chance to get hunted. Not one able ti hide behind JL mandated claims.

Lover as in the distiller variant or the one where two people are lovers and die together if one dies?

The distiller variant, that sleeps elsewhere and thus cannot be targeted at night.

I think the case you line up is borderline. If it's don't elaborately and not all claims then I guess it isn't too much a problem.

Oh, it was pretty damn blatant. Which is why I did not expect the wolves to fall for it, but they did. Three nights in a row, even, though that was two packs.

It was just 1 obvious claim though. Nowhere near everything.

Still, the PL is pretty damn strong even when nerfed a bit.

The distiller variant, that sleeps elsewhere and thus cannot be targeted at night.
BTW, didn't realise friends had been used in bigs.
I guess having it done like you did is different to an everybody claim x situation, as in your situation most people won't do it. So it'd be more like if the seer and somebody else both claimed seer in thread. As opposed to everybody claiming seer.
Though still borderline, I think.

Thanks for hosting, Ironhide! And gg village.
I admit I was totally overwhelmed by the amount of messages and claims when I got back. I probably could have done more if I were more active. I find the setup pro-village too tbh.
I need to catch up on the rest before commenting more.

Thanks for hosting, Ironhide! And gg village.
I admit I was totally overwhelmed by the amount of messages and claims when I got back. I probably could have done more if I were more active. I find the setup pro-village too tbh.
I need to catch up on the rest before commenting more.
Had you seen Wombats folly, or would that had slid under the radar with the hunt?