Weekly AAR Showcase: The Anglo-Saxon Exodus: A Tale Of Surviving

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Alrighty, that time of the week and time for the next showcase. Now it was tough choosing the next showcase from all the excellent stuff going about, so I thought that Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR by Lord E deserved this weeks showcase. Good bit of stuff there. :)

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206830

Well, next time I'm told I don't get to the other subfora enough I have a response. ;)

Congratulations, Lord E! I just read through the beginning of your AAR and it looks really well written! Congratulations!

Major kudos and congrats, Lord E! Now march to Berlin for us, eh?

Yeah, it seems outside of TC Pilot's they have all been HoI AARs since December. :eek: ;)

Congrats Lord E. I'm doing my best to get familiar with all the stuff there in HoI2. Congrats on getting the showcase. :D

Lord E, congratulations!

Yeah, I'd gotten to take a long look at this one back when Lord E got WritAAR of the Week. He definitely deserves both awards! Quite a well told story. I'll have to go back and see where he stands now.

Rensslaer

Congratulations, Lord E! Still doing a great job, as this award certainly signifies. :D

Wow... Congrats Lord E. My favourite Norwegian. A great AAR. Those that wonder what could have been the Norwegian contribution in WW2 should appreciate this author great work.

coz1 said:
Yeah, it seems outside of TC Pilot's they have all been HoI AARs since December. :eek: ;)

Believe me, there is alot of talent about, and I always remember Vicky very fondly, but Lord E's has "it". That sense of something magical about it. Vicky has its fair share of Showcases back in the day.
p1421555.gif

First of all I would like to say thank you to Sir Humphrey for nominating my AAR for this award. It is a great honour, and I am very happy to receive it.
To the rest of you thank you very much for your congratulations and for your continued support :)

As for the AAR it is the tale of what could have happened had Norway been better prepared in April 1940. What if Norway had larger forces and the Allied Navies managed to defeat the German navy on the seas.

The story begins in 1936 with a quick overview on the years that have passed since Norway became an independent nation in 1905. Looking into the events of the world and the event at home through the Norwegian prospective. The Norway in the AAR is building up its forces, so when the war comes it is ready. The Allies fight well on the sea and the 2nd Battle of Jutland alters the course of history. The Germans and Quisling plan for an invasion, the British and the Norwegians plan to invade Germany. The Norwegian and British Expeditionary Forces fights in France, and at the moment the war on the Western Front is the main focus as the Germans have started their giant attack.

Without telling too much I think I can say that in the time to come there will be more fighting in the West and hopefully in Germany. Also Quisling might have some more nasty surprises and the Germans a few more cards to play.

All I can say if you want to find out read the story. And once again thank you all very much. The comments and support from you all is what keeps the story running. Thanks :D

Congratulations Lord E, a most magnificant AAR for a most magnificant award, most befitting. :)

Alright it is time for the new weekly showcase. It has been a very hard decision deciding on what AAR to pick, because there are so many great AARs around. So I have been looking around for some time before deciding.

In the end I decided upon a great AAR about the story of England. It is very well written and enjoyable.
This weeks weekly showcase is SirCliveWolfe’s Dreams of Albion Dreams of Albion

Congratulations SirClive :D

A very good selection for showcase. I picked this one up fairly early and have enjoyed it very much. Enjoy the spotlight, SirCliveWolfe. It is very much deserved!