• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
At releaseday iirc.

:confused:..........:mad:

Awww mann. Guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow to get a glimpse of the game...

Key with Gamersgate pre-order??

I thought I heard that, but if you go to the Pre-order Page, it doesn't mention it. I do see a mention of a "Tech guide" but not the Strategy Guide.

I understand it's just a key and the guide will be available when it's available. Will it just be available to everyone once it's available? Could I find a way to use the word "available" one more time in this paragraph?

Thanks

I'm told by Paradox that they're aiming for Monday to have it available in some form. Whether that means available to pre-order folks, like the Manual, or whatever, I'm not sure.

Rensslaer

I want to thank you, Rensslaer, for your HTTT Strategy Guide I just discovered. I still have my old and tattered EU3 Collector's Edition Strategy Guide.

One of these days I'm going to go through and register all the Paradox titles that I have, as you can see, I've been with it a while.

I hate to admit it, but I'm just now discovering the value of AAR's and some You Tube videos. I knew they existed, but I didn't really appreciate how they could add to the experience.

Thanks to all of you who have kept this one of the most active and mature gaming forums anywhere.

I actually had the impression that the strategy guide would be released on the forum ahead of the game release to those would had pre-ordered.

I want to thank you, Rensslaer, for your HTTT Strategy Guide I just discovered. I still have my old and tattered EU3 Collector's Edition Strategy Guide.

One of these days I'm going to go through and register all the Paradox titles that I have, as you can see, I've been with it a while.

I hate to admit it, but I'm just now discovering the value of AAR's and some You Tube videos. I knew they existed, but I didn't really appreciate how they could add to the experience.

Thanks to all of you who have kept this one of the most active and mature gaming forums anywhere.

Thank you, sdrga! I'm honoured!

You have been around quite a while. Very glad you enjoyed the EU 3 Strategy Guide. As you probably know (but for benefit of others), the HTTT Strategy Guide (link in my sig) is about 2/3 or 3/4 the old EU 3 Guide (only available in the Collectors' Edition) with a bunch of updated material to bring the Guide up to date with HTTT.

If you enjoy AARs (which do generally have quite a bit to teach on strategy, also), I hope you'll check out my Victoria AAR to get in the mood: Fire Warms the Northern Lands (mind you, you can learn quite a bit about strategy just from the mistakes I made in my AAR! :D).

Thanks again!

Rensslaer

the HTTT Strategy Guide (link in my sig) is about 2/3 or 3/4 the old EU 3 Guide (only available in the Collectors' Edition) with a bunch of updated material to bring the Guide up to date with HTTT.

Yeah, that's the cool thing, though: going through the original docs, then the NA, IN, and finally HTTT documentation was getting to be a pain. I may get the Print on Demand just because I sometimes like to think about game play without the computer in front of me.

Well, I went ahead and pre-ordered Victoria II from GamersGate. Still no mention of a key for the strategy guide, but I have faith that I'll get it when it comes out. I see Rensslaer wrote the manual, too. That'll keep me plenty busy, but I still couldn't resist downloading the demo, even though I told myself before that it was "only three days."

Thanks, Rensslaer! Great job here.

But I have a question about religion policy. As you stated on page 35, it has no real effect but flavour. Isn't it supposed to affect the way clergymen work?

I remember in the very beginning, when it was discussed in DD, that "literacy" increment encouraged by clergimen would be only on the same religion POPs, at least at higher levels of moralism... is it that?

Thanks in advance, and congratulations to you and all betatesters!