• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, this made my day. Now I just have to motivate myself to spend 50 dollars on a replacement copy of Vicky and AHD for my mac, and I'll be set. Oy vey!

Cool :) I have a question- that screenshot about the Apache wars, is that a single event or will there be more detail about the Native Americans? A more accurate trail of tears, some modelling of the Sioux-Cheyenne wars, etc?

Scramble for Africa is a good theme indeed :).

This has made my day :) I'm playing A House Divided now, and... well, it's a great game. Giving more deepness to diplomacy and colonization is a win-win. The change in naval combat is a great announcement too.

Ahh good better colonial race and naval system. Newspaper should be good fun as well.

I'm massively excited about the crisis mechanic. This, after all, was the age of conferences where disputes were adjudicated by the big European powers! I can't wait to see all the 'little' changes though. Tweaks to the economy, ai, land combat and such. This is great news for a game that truly deserved another expansion :)

Ive said this for ages. The improvement to navy alone if done properly will make vicky in to a 10000% better game.
The navy has in my opinion been whats beend dragging the entire game down for ages. This because there has been no reason for the player to give any fucks about ai controlled great powers that you dont share a border with, since the ai would just keep their fleets of 1000's of man-at wars ship for the entire game, and therefor never managing to blockade you or move troops overseas in to your territories.

Im really happy that vicky is getting another expansion, and in my opinion the update is at an area where its needed the most.

Those newspapers look neat - very clever idea, since it could entertain player during periods when not much happens gameplay-wise.

Ive said this for ages. The improvement to navy alone if done properly will make vicky in to a 10000% better game.
The navy has in my opinion been whats beend dragging the entire game down for ages. This because there has been no reason for the player to give any fucks about ai controlled great powers that you dont share a border with, since the ai would just keep their fleets of 1000's of man-at wars ship for the entire game, and therefor never managing to blockade you or move troops overseas in to your territories.

Im really happy that vicky is getting another expansion, and in my opinion the update is at an area where its needed the most.

This. While a lot of the things that people usually suggest for expansion fodder would be nice to have, both the navy and the colonial system in AHD and vanilla V2 are little more than placeholders. HoD is focusing on exactly the areas which most need attention.

The real problem now will is how, oh how, will Naselus find the time to update PDM while at the same time working on East vs West. ;)