• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Actually in game hussars have low strength and high reconnaissance whereas cuirassiers are high strength, low reconnaissance causing much different roles. Reconnaissance helps with occupation and fighting entrenched units whereas cuirassiers are for attacking enemy units head on.

You are aware that this is only really true for the first few years. After that the flat +attack and +defence tech bonuses for armies make all the cavalary types exactly the same as Infantry ;).

I'd also like to see some rebelances to land combat, but I think they'll focus on naval combat first.

I'd also like to see some rebelances to land combat, but I think they'll focus on naval combat first.

And honestly, they should. While I wholeheartedly agree that there are things to be done with land combat as well, the naval combat is abysmal, not to mention the AI having serious issues with naval invasions. So three cheers from me as far as fleshing out the naval system goes, and a double portion of grog to every one!

You are aware that this is only really true for the first few years. After that the flat +attack and +defence tech bonuses for armies make all the cavalary types exactly the same as Infantry ;).

Hussars still retain a much higher recon for a while.

One thing I'd really like to see that nobody's talked about much: a way to force regime change in another country, and change their government type. As far as I can tell the establish puppet causus beli doesn't do this and the only way I can think of is to completely annex a nation, then release them. It seems odd that there isn't a way to do this. As it is, there's no way to restore a monarchy in a neighboring state if communists or Jacobins take over, or a way spread the revolution if you change yours.

One thing I'd really like to see that nobody's talked about much: a way to force regime change in another country, and change their government type. As far as I can tell the establish puppet causus beli doesn't do this and the only way I can think of is to completely annex a nation, then release them. It seems odd that there isn't a way to do this. As it is, there's no way to restore a monarchy in a neighboring state if communists or Jacobins take over, or a way spread the revolution if you change yours.

It would also be interesting if political affinity mattered in diplomacy, if your government or party are the same that in other countries you should have diplomatic bonus. This would have historical accuracy and make governments matter more outside internal affairs

This, being able to support revolutionaries or regimes defending against revolution would be really cool.

A tech tree for rebels, or just some way of improving rebels beyond '+organisation rate' would also be good, as even the most popular revolutions can be put down by a decent army. Having rebels rise up should be something you absolutely want to avoid, but because they're so weak, you don't really care about them as they're so easily crushed.

This is present in AHD for communist governments already.

A thing: Will we have revolter tags in Africa? I am sick of colonial revolts being almost completely harmless.

Build Railroads everywhere - once you change for Planned Economy, building railroads manually turns into a horrible ruitine even with Ctrl-building. It turn even more horrible for countries with lots of small provinces, such as Russia.
Technology - some techs are absolutely useless and some are so powerful that research order for certain countries is set in stone.
Reforms - right now, if you are Abs. Monarchy, there's almost no way to enforce reforms. So everyone uses White Peace exploit to force them. This should be fixed.

The really only thing I'd like would be the addition of a button that when clicked, builds forts, or naval bases, or railroads in every province with the money you have and the computer chooses the most important regions if you cannot do every single one.

Maybe it can be a menu to click or a button on the keyboard either way when I get a large empire, I tend to forget about places I've taken over and in the past have forgotten to protect certain areas...

I agree.
I'd also like a way to talk to rebels in a country. Maybe you can only do it after they have taken a province. I'd like to be able to give them military access, subsidize their war, and influence them into putting in certain political reforms once they take power.

A friend of mine who knows a lot on the Scramble for Africa were talking about this and he brought up how King Leopold convinced many African nations to sign away their independence in what became the Congo Free State. I think this sort of system would work really well in V2 if there is also the choice of how to run each colony (like how some European Powers had Africans running their colonies with them indirectly ruling it).

Last edited:
I agree.
I'd also like a way to talk to rebels in a country. Maybe you can only do it after they have taken a province. I'd like to be able to give them military access, subsidize their war, and influence them into putting in certain political reforms once they take power.

A friend of mine who knows a lot on the Scramble for Africa were talking about this and he brought up how King Leopold convinced many African nations to sign away their independence in what became the Congo Free State. I think this sort of system would work really well in V2 if there is also the choice of how to run each colony (like how some European Powers had Africans running their colonies with them indirectly ruling it).

Indirect rule are not unheard of in European colonies, especially so in protectorates and certain colonies ruled by British and Belgian. They are cheap way of ruling colonies, with less administrative overhead but it at came at price of their weak hold on those colonies compared to French and Spanish who often exercises direct rule in their own colonies. It's partly why British Empire decolonized rather quickly compared to other colonial powers, especially French, after WW2. British had sense of not wanting to get involved in expensive wars trying to hold their own colonies after end of WW2 (hence the rather haste they took with respect to partition of India that resulted in communal violence leaving many people dead there, much to criticism), whereas French, Dutch, and Portuguese fought wars in attempts to keep their own colonies that prove to be expensive and draining. Latter three had most of colonies under their direct administration at the eve of WW2.

There would need to be way to simulate the difference between indirect and direct rule of colonies if Paradox is to implement them. Perhaps administration spending in indirectly ruled colonies is reduced at price of higher local consciousness among the natives there?

Indirect rule are not unheard of in European colonies, especially so in protectorates and certain colonies ruled by British and Belgian. They are cheap way of ruling colonies, with less administrative overhead but it at came at price of their weak hold on those colonies compared to French and Spanish who often exercises direct rule in their own colonies. It's partly why British Empire decolonized rather quickly compared to other colonial powers, especially French, after WW2. British had sense of not wanting to get involved in expensive wars trying to hold their own colonies after end of WW2 (hence the rather haste they took with respect to partition of India that resulted in communal violence leaving many people dead there, much to criticism), whereas French, Dutch, and Portuguese fought wars in attempts to keep their own colonies that prove to be expensive and draining. Latter three had most of colonies under their direct administration at the eve of WW2.

There would need to be way to simulate the difference between indirect and direct rule of colonies if Paradox is to implement them. Perhaps administration spending in indirectly ruled colonies is reduced at price of higher local consciousness among the natives there?

I like that idea.
It'd be really cool if Paradox added all of this in, I wouldn't be able to stop playing V2 if they did.