• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
English Patriot: Yep !! I knew you liked Uematsu-san's music so I included that one just for you !

Myth: Glad to have you back , Myth !! Was wondering where you were ! Feel free to drop any comments on how you thought about the past season , the inter-season , and the new season ! By the way , when are you getting started on your new AAR ? I'm itching to read some more Mythical Epics !

Avernite: Silly , you're confusing Alexei with the Metropolitan . And you should all know what the name of the Metropolitan is . He speaks Greek not Russian and he was the friend of Father Julio . XD

coz1: Yes , the metropolitan has been quite helpful and now that Raul has the parchment with information on it he can continue on his quest for the truth . As for the stranger ; we'll have to see !

Judas Maccabeus: Indeed , I was attempting to put a feeling of great gravity there . I hope it worked !

Excellant interview with Coz1. As I have said before, just when you think you might have the inkling of a handle on someone, they go and surprise the hell out of you. This interveiw was really well done. ;)

canonized said:
English Patriot: Yep !! I knew you liked Uematsu-san's music so I included that one just for you !

Man I am flattered, thanks Canonized! As always I look forward to the next update!

Myth: Glad to have you back , Myth !! Was wondering where you were ! Feel free to drop any comments on how you thought about the past season , the inter-season , and the new season ! By the way , when are you getting started on your new AAR ? I'm itching to read some more Mythical Epics !
well, between work at the ministry of defense, a half broken laptop and a bunch of mates I hadn't seen between one and nearly two years (meaning lots and lots of lanning), there wasn't much I could do in latvia and then I was off to the netherlands for five days with no internet and though I've not really done much of anything in the states, I was kind of intimidated of starting up again because I was sure you'd have two dozen thousand or so chapters I'd have to get through. I just started one evening and, seeing that it wasn't really all that much, just continued until I finished. it'll take me a bit to get back into the real flow of things and be able to make insightful comments again, though. as for my own aar, 'tis planned to begin in the last week of september or the first week of october--whenever I have reliable internet in england. in the meantime, I'm writing updates for it. I've got 8 already written and hope to have at least 20 by the time I actually begin posting. should be easily done as for the past four days I've written an update a day, and even though I've not written an update today and don't really feel like it, there's still plenty of time left to accomplish my goal.
nods.gif

grayghost said:
Excellant interview with Coz1. As I have said before, just when you think you might have the inkling of a handle on someone, they go and surprise the hell out of you. This interveiw was really well done. ;)
If I may ask, grayghost, what did you find surprising? :)

grayghost: thank you very much ! I haven't seen you around lately , old bean ; hope you're holding up with football season well enough XD .

English Patriot: ^^ working on the next chapter as we speak .

Myth: Well nonetheless it's good to have you back and i look forward to your , as always , prophetic comments . I also wish you luck with all the work you're doing you're certainly missed , Mr. Myth ! Can't wait to see your new AAR too !

coz1: I'd like to know that now as well XD . Glad to have the interviews help foster this kind of dialogue and getting to know one another .

Originally Posted by Lotus-6
GARNIER FRUCTIS...

I mean.. did you just rick roll the bad guys?
Originally Posted by canonized
Haha .. why yes we just did !

Hey remember that will apparently “The Hits” (a music channel in the UK) says its 9th out of the top 100 pop songs.

ladybug said:
Hey remember that will apparently “The Hits” (a music channel in the UK) says its 9th out of the top 100 pop songs.

Haha it really is a great song :D . in fact it's one of my favourites although I did only find out about it because of the internet meme .

Are you kidding ? The dancing is the best part ! Har har . If only I had had the opportunity to insert the dancing somewhere into Timelines . Perhaps in the future ! But not only do I plan on more comedic inserts but I've got a great thing coming up that will blow you guys away . I won't give it away but it has something to do with my current concentration in my english major right now so we'll have to see how it works out !

Yea and verily, the plot thickens.
However, it has been doing so fairly consistently throughout.

I've got a slightly altered view of the Timepiece, though I don't know what sent my thoughts down this track.
Alistair Reynolds in Revelation Space and other books writes of the Inhibitors, constructs made to destroy intelligent life. Amongst their many tricks for testing and destroying troublesome species were showing them mysterious artifacts of great power and permitting their own curiosity/incompetence to destroy them.

While the Inhibitors per se wouldn't really fit in Timelines, the idea of the Timepiece as a test...seeing whether a species is good enough and wise enough to not use it at all, and if necessary to use it to good ends, has become hard to shift from my thinking.

While I still have no clue what the Timepiece might be, it doesn't matter as the update was as confusing as always... ;) :D

Incognitia: Wow , what a great hypothesis . Though of course the idea of the inhibitors is a very science fiction idea ; whereas in the Timelines universe you'd be better off considering the idea of Free Will and the Fall of Man with God as the provider of the Timepieces if you want to work with that theory . It's a very intriguing theory to be sure , thanks for sharing !

Murmurandus: What did you find confusing ? XD I'll try and help out .

canonized said:
Murmurandus: What did you find confusing ? XD I'll try and help out .

Nonono, no need to clarify, please. It's just because I should pay more attention and actually read it thoroughly... :eek:o ;)

Murmurandus said:
Nonono, no need to clarify, please. It's just because I should pay more attention and actually read it thoroughly... :eek:o ;)

Shame on you XD . but really i won't mind if anyone has questions . it will generally help to draw out some of the natural flavours of each chapter .

just finished reading, great update as usual! :D

Grubnessul said:
just finished reading, great update as usual! :D

Thank you , sir !

coz1 said:
If I may ask, grayghost, what did you find surprising? :)

I suppose that because you are a moderator I had you pegged as a more serious individual, not that you are not, but the interview allowed me to see a lighter side of you...did that come out right? It is one of the things I really enjoy about canonized's interviews, the insights that let you get to know people a little better. I have said it before and I'll say it again, aside from his great writing, I believe that this contribution to the forum, the interview's, is his greatest work.

grayghost said:
I suppose that because you are a moderator I had you pegged as a more serious individual, not that you are not, but the interview allowed me to see a lighter side of you...did that come out right? It is one of the things I really enjoy about canonized's interviews, the insights that let you get to know people a little better. I have said it before and I'll say it again, aside from his great writing, I believe that this contribution to the forum, the interview's, is his greatest work.
Then obviously, sir, you've never read my Quest AAR. ;) Goldfinger is not pleased. :p

Seriously though, I agree with you 100% and more. I think it is a wonderful contribution and considering we probably have a good bit more to go with Timelines, it should continue for some time to come. :)

grayghost: Haha actually I thought the same before I interviewed him so we were both pleasantly surprised. Thank you for reading !

coz1: Since I also plan on continuing on in Vicky , HOI2 , and then back to CK I should be interviewing here and there as well as starting other projects for the next few years . One of the great things about the interviews is that they're so easy to do and it allows me to focus my reading anyway .

speaking of interviews , another interview will be up tonight ! I'm trying to catch up from the AARlander being cancelled this month .

My back's still been killing me and I think it's because I herneated a disc so It's been hard to write a new update ; it's about 70% done and will probably be up either on Wednesday , Thurs , or Fri . Hopefully sooner than later !