• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
“The Keys of Saint Andrew,” he recalled wistfully, “from Constantinople and France; the Keys of Saint Peter from Antioch and Venice; the Keys of Saint James from Jerusalem and London; The Keys of Saint Mark from Alexandria and Vienna; and the most important… the Keys of Rome… the Keys of Saints Peter and Paul from Rome.

hmm.....any significance to Peter getting THREE keys? :)

Also; YAY! finally caught up.. EXCELLENT story.

Kurt_Steiner said:
Perhaps Peti has discovered the Timepieces' secret... not even YOU guessed it...

Well now, I thought the secret behind pizza multiplication through time travel was well known (although pizza would probably not be the first thing I'd apply it to....)

Say, at some point, X, I have a pizza..

at some later point, X+10, I still have a pizza, but I now drop it in a time machine, so I now have NO pizza :(
...but wait, I tell the time machine to transport the pizza to time X.

..so now, at time X, I have two pizzas, and I still have two pizzas at time X+10.. But I need to drop one into the time machine to make sure I have two pizza's, so I now have A PIZZA, whereas I had none just a little while ago.

amazing, isn't it? ;)

canonized said:
Avernite: As always , Avernite , you're closest to the truth XD
Bah, he's just the quickest to respond to your sprinkling of new info :p

But let's assume that the pizza analogy more or less applies to the timepiece(s) and the keys.. What more information can we get out of this..

We know that both timepieces "arrived" at some point.. But where did they come from?

Let's assume they came from the future.. by being sent back ..either through a third (timepiece, keys, third) device, or through some internal ability..
Since they both "arrived", there must be a THIRD timepiece + matching keys! :D (afterall, when the second pizza would "arrive" the first pizza was still there)

...A more interesting question, perhaps, is, what MORE was sent "back" to the arrivals (besides the timepiece and keys?) ..could it be the Season 1 hero's(&villains) being sent back, possibly to 'start' their respective lines of 'guardians'(so to say) ..but what then of the other arrival... did that (or, "will that") send back the 'now' group, or the 2nd season past, or...?

Further questions... Where are the points "X" and "X+10" of my pizza analogy?
Are there perhaps even multiple of those points, and thus multiple X to X+10 loops?

(In case you hadn't noticed; there will ALWAYS be the 'one pizza'(despite my claim that there is at some point "no pizza") and then potentially 'temporary pizzas', but they are contained within the X to X+10 loop, since they'll have to sent back to be there)

..And delving more into the realm of how this could be possible according to the laws of physics; on the SHORT timescale atleast (and we're talking REALLY short timescale) - particles CAN appear 'out of nowhere' - but an anti-particle must appear as well (so that there is no net creation of mass, energy &c) ..so where are the "anti-pizzas"/"anti-timepieces" ? On a more metaphysical level.. is it perhaps NECESSARY that evil is sent WITH good, back in time?

[I bet you either didn't think of ALL that, or you're a physicist/scientist with better writing skills than myself :p]

Last edited:
q1: whom was the blade thrusted AT? The "suggested" route seems rather unlikely given the circumstances (plenty of earlier opportunity; now almost certainty of being caught) ..so chances are the blade wasn't aimed at Taguchi himself (not in the sense of trying to kill him, in any case)..Unless some vital piece of information about what happened in between hasn't been revealed.

q2: Who are the two persons.. Antonio and Isabella doesn't sound too unlikely, but Nia is a possibility too.. But where are the others? Is "he"(who is now gone) Sio-Pan or someone(/thing) else?
Are these new characters, or characters we don't "know"(ie. minor to date)?

q3: Where, indeed, are the two persons.. Some barren area, sounds like they're inside, or close to, an (semi-)active vulcano or somesuch..Ofcourse, there's the possibility of it being a "blast area".. possibly due to the timepiece? {I thought there was something on the 'arrival' of timepieces, but couldn't find it anymore :( }

Great reads once again (both regular and Guest Author updates)
----------

Radiation poisoning to the degree those scars suggest would leave little hope for a 'regular' (and/or healthy, both insofar as possible as a secret agent) life.. Unless the time pieces or related events/items cause rad poisoning of a unknown type ("chroniton" radiation?) Though it being linked with being in water (a very good moderator for 'regular' nuclear reactions) would suggest that *maybe* he survived the exposure thanks to being (accidentally) dunked into a lot of water 'just in time'.

Also, given that the story is to be considered canon (or canonized as the case may be), we should consider 'deeper' reasons than just :)p) starting a civil war.
Say, keeping tabs on Father Francis Xavier from the "inside" (every priest needs replacemnt :) ), or eliminating one of Xavier's friends/collegues(perhaps more than superficially) ? Maybe they knew that Calavera would be dropped OFF Schwartzschild with a little prodding (such as a mystery killing with possible implications).
..but which is it.

British Maffia? Why not 'simply' the Triad or Yakuza, possibly connected with Chopin/Sio-Pan? Considering the "Japanese community", the Yakuza certainly would be an option, and considering globalisation to a large degree, it wouldn't be that odd for a 'Chinese' to be part of a 'Japanese' circle.

canonized said:
We'll be seeing a lot more of them too !

I don't know about others, but I personally don't really care to see Antonio, Renault or Raul in a bikini.

* list is not complete :)

canonized said:
Please tune in next week when we’ll be interviewing ForzaA ! Good fight , Good night !

Yeah, spoil my holidays, why don't ya! :p
....Doing my 'homework'.. preparing for the "standard" questions and such :mad:

Avernite said:
:eek:

My guesses on the timepiece were better (especially as I did so with less info) :p

Well, I was going to reveal that *sound of door crashing open, followed by some muffled screaming*

There is no Silent Room in Bagdad. Never!
Move along now.

Mettermrck said:
We have ways of making you read the Christmas special, ForzaA. :mad: :cool:
Where'd you think the bikini references came from? :p
(also, I never said I didn't read it/them :p)

Murmurandus said:
I must protest! :mad: :D
Protest all you want, you should be a Dutchie (damn rebel!)

canonized said:
Okay I apologize for missing the deadline the other day for an update XD something rather strange came up but nothing serious . For those who I've talked to you already know what I'm talking about . I think Frou Frou made an appropriate song for it XD . That's the only hint !

Anyway , A new update will come either tonight or tomorrow !
Oh yes, part one of "You've been ForzaA'd" (censored out of the interview), I suppose?

also: boo! hiss! And that want's me to vote for him in the AARland choice awards (and SPAMS me to do it, too :( must be something american.... :p :p )

canonized said:
Just to let you guys know , I will indeed be updating tonight another portion of our Christmas special . It's going on for a bit longer than expected but i'm getting caught up with the story and not everyone has come back from vacation yet and caught up XD . plus for many of you out there , there might be something in the next few updates that you'll recognize .
Meh, who ARE these unspecified people that haven't come back from vacation yet?

Would they please raise their hands?

..see, what ARE you waiting for? :p

canonized said:
Hello there ! Thank you for reading the interview ! I believe this is the first time I've seen you around on the thread ! Might you be a reader yourself ?

damn you! you tricked me into believing there was an update to read! :mad:

:p

.oh, btw, I think they want you to receive another award over at the main AAR forums...

Murmurandus said:
I'm fine thank you very much. :)

... but are you sure about more Belgians? There's always a risk you know... ;) :D
Well, the problem of two :)p) many belgians is simple... They'll find they have something differentiating them, and they'll start bickering, argueing, and splitting up the country..

..halving the amount of Belgians again :p

canonized said:
Present

- Taguchi has been stabbed by Pablo
HEY!

..It was only suggested.. And considering your style of writing, it would've been more likely for there to be some poisonous snake or somesuch on Taguchi's shoulder that Pablo stabbed off...

canonized said:
She is indeed flirtatious and it will probably get her in trouble !
Then again, it doesn't seem to matter what our 'friends' do; it'll land them in trouble ANYWAY.

grayghost said:
I going nuts trying to figure out what show this line came from. Nice update. Love Herr Rot's annoyance with Willem and Madelaine over there nattering inane chatter. So, finally, someone is talking about "This World". Alternate realities...that's what I'm talking about. You ever read Simon Hawke's "Timewars" series?

here(as capibara mentioned)..And let's just say Rosa happens to be the German word for a certain colour.... :rofl:

Love the update :)

canonized said:
ForzaA: let's not forget to mention what Gehirn means XD

The point of such jokes, being, ofcourse, not to reveal them too much, but just hint at them ;)

..I still don't see the significance of U107 (her fate seems fairly well determined and all.... unless there are multiple U107's)

..I'm sure you could've found one that had a 'fate unknown' :confused:

General_BT said:
De Ruyter was a badass. There's a reason that, if I remember correctly, since the 18th century there's always been a Dutch warship named De Ruyter in service. He drove the English Navy mad - even stole King Charles II's brand new flagship from the Thames.
..Then again, we also have "Karel Doorman" ships...and while he was possibly promising,he was certainly a suicidal fool.

canonized said:
Okay I hate to disappoint but I'm going to have to pull in a sick day today . I've been trying to make an update but I can't seem to focus .

Lots of thoughts going on right now and I need to take a day to walk and think about some things . I'm going to shield myself behind the publication of the ACA results and INSTRUMENTALITY these next few days to give you guys something to talk about . Perhaps hope to throw you guys a bonus so that I don't leave you all without something to chit chat . Hopefully the people who need to catch up can take this opportunity to do so .

If I have to take this whole weekend off I will , but I'll definitely throw something in . By next week both physically and ponderously i'll churn out more so don't despair ; i've rarely disappointed you guys after all , right ? ;)

Just to try and keep the readership in line I'll see what I can do about a bonus .

Shakespeare syndrome (you know of what I speak :p) or a simple cold or so?