The Stresemann Legacy - An ahistorical mod for Darkest Hour

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Having downloaded the newest update, I'm enjoying the mod so far. Though I notice that in the event the Croatian war triggers and the Croats call in their neighbors to lend a hand, there's no event restoring Croatia as a sovereign country if the coalition wins but Croatia was annexed before the war ended. Which I assume isn't the intent even if the Fascists using Croartia as an excuse to land grab and then leaving them out to dry is also funny :V
How did you get it to work? For me, it still shows the Excel error. What version are you using? Classic 1.05 or 1.05.01? Because no matter how i reinstall it, it does not want to work properly. Do i need to do a full reinstall of DH?

How did you get it to work? For me, it still shows the Excel error. What version are you using? Classic 1.05 or 1.05.01? Because no matter how i reinstall it, it does not want to work properly. Do i need to do a full reinstall of DH?

1.05.01. I just followed the install notes and it worked the first time (I did forget to delete the scenario files but it doesn't appear to have made a difference, since I didn't get an error after I did it either)

1.05.01. I just followed the install notes and it worked the first time (I did forget to delete the scenario files but it doesn't appear to have made a difference, since I didn't get an error after I did it either)
Maybe it is the issue of the naming. As Mex DID say you have to rename it to "Stressemans Legacy". Note the lack of a apostrophe. So maybe that is the core issue? Gonna try that next. See if it works.

I have the same issue as above, attached my save debug file.

There something wrong with the unit files, but I did not change them. You only have copied the /mods/Darkest Hour Full folder and renamed it to Stresemanns Legacy?

Hi what do you mean no playing other countries? Do you mean that for now we may play only as Germany?
And another question are there surrender events?

I am good in database/scenario modding but not in AI modding, so I only can recommend playing as Germany. The AI files (there are many) are made for an expansive/aggressive Germany so the game probably will spam DOWs even before its 1940.

Ah right, the other issue I noticed is that when you're making the European League, it doesn't have Egypt pull out along with the British countries if they exist, or really give them the option to choose whether or not to do so

Good to know.

Though I notice that in the event the Croatian war triggers and the Croats call in their neighbors to lend a hand, there's no event restoring Croatia as a sovereign country if the coalition wins but Croatia was annexed before the war ended. Which I assume isn't the intent even if the Fascists using Croartia as an excuse to land grab and then leaving them out to dry is also funny

Oh, you should play the lottery. This case is extremely rare and so I wrote no "repair" events for this. But I will do it for the next release.

Maybe it is the issue of the naming. As Mex DID say you have to rename it to "Stressemans Legacy". Note the lack of a apostrophe. So maybe that is the core issue? Gonna try that next. See if it works.

In general, it doesn't matter how you name the folder. You also could call it: Mexbuilds Mod or Gustavs Empire.

There something wrong with the unit files, but I did not change them. You only have copied the /mods/Darkest Hour Full folder and renamed it to Stresemanns Legacy?

I am good in database/scenario modding but not in AI modding, so I only can recommend playing as Germany. The AI files (there are many) are made for an expansive/aggressive Germany so the game probably will spam DOWs even before its 1940.

Good to know.

Oh, you should play the lottery. This case is extremely rare and so I wrote no "repair" events for this. But I will do it for the next release.

In general, it doesn't matter how you name the folder. You also could call it: Mexbuilds Mod or Gustavs Empire.
No. I did replace the content of DH full with the Stressemans Legacy folder which i downloaded as directed to do, but it still keeps showing me the Excel error. Is there any way to fix this? Or am i essentially locked out of the mod? We need a fix here if you can, Herr Mex.

This mod is a great job! However, there are some minor details that have to be polished:

1. Restoration of monarchy event chain:
- gets bugged sometimes, I negotiated with SPD but rejected later. Still, I could try once again: so I decided to negotiate with SPD, but nothing happened. Same with DNVP
- even if I restored the monarchy, the head of state never changed to Wilhelm III or Wilhelm IV, there is no command for that in event file
- not to mention the name (German Empire) and flag change

2. Flag of Germany - it should be Weimar black-red-yellow, not the vanilla Third Reich one
3. Events about Austrian plebiscite are somewhat broken - Austrians decided to join the Reich, but I never got the cores, despite the event
4. I defeated Austria and Italy in 1934, but market liberal Italy under Badoglio has joined fascist France once again, which makes no sense.
5. I have a feeling that dealing with Austria that early (1934) took away a lot of events and storyline. I had to manually trigger the whole Soviet thing (Bessarabia, Finnish War, Baltic and Poland)
6. Any event for ultimate Soviet-EL confrontation?
7. Japan didn't attack United Kingdom along with Dominions, just USA and Dutch East Indies. Moreover, Netherlands got into war with Japan as well, but its allies from European League - they didn't.
8. After defeating France in Saarbrucken massacre war, there should be an option for denazification of France and inviting them to the European League.
9. 3 peace options with France: Saar, Saar+Elsaß-Lothringen, Saar+Elsaß-Lothringen and buffer zone. How about pre-1918 German colonies in French hands? ESPECIALLY, if Germany ends up as a monarchy.
10. Defeating Italy (twice...) didn't have any impact on its colonial possessions - Abissynia and Libya.

Nevertheless, the mod has a very big potential! Keep up the good work!

Reinstalled this mod the other day and played it for the first time in ages...and its still great fun trying to navigate the political minefield that is this slightly alternate version of 1930's Germany...can't help but wonder if this is still being worked on at all?

I've been following this one for a while too, I have been doing a lot of Edge of Darkness, but this one really presents a unique alternate history I've been wanting to try.

Curious too if it's being worked on.

I'm not planning to work on it, but I've been playing it recently and have begun fixing and improving things as I went along:

Done so far:
* Correct flag for Democratic Germany.
* Fixing event file errors reported by savedebug.txt
* Incorporated Cold War Tech Tree (Would love to see a moon rocket lift off from Peenemünde!)

Currently I am trying to get the whole mess of the French surrender sorted out: Democratic Germany winning over Fascist France and that is triggering the Vichy Chain? Really?

Also need to see what to do about the former German colonial possession when founding the European League. I believe they should be returned since they were officially only League of Nations Trustee Areas. (I read somewhere that in real life Nazi Germany was negotiating with France about the return and it might have been successful if the German government hadn't only done this to distract the allies.) At the very least there should be a decision about it.

If there is interest I can try to clean up my tree and make it available.

• 2Like
Reactions:
In your Mods directory create a copy of StresemannsLegacy called SL-modified and unzip the attached file and let it overwrite the files. Do not change into the SL-modified directory before unzipping the file! Then select SL-modified form the start menu.

The tech tree and all the pictures were taken from the New World Order 2 tree.

Have fun!

Attachments

• sl-modified.7z
    41,6 MB · Views: 0
In your Mods directory create a copy of StresemannsLegacy called SL-modified and unzip the attached file and let it overwrite the files. Do not change into the SL-modified directory before unzipping the file! Then select SL-modified form the start menu.

The tech tree and all the pictures were taken from the New World Order 2 tree.

Have fun!
Doing this caused several errors & CTD, It appears to be missing several Division & Brigade types and the associated files listing the type.

Doing this caused several errors & CTD, It appears to be missing several Division & Brigade types and the associated files listing the type.

I did the procedure myself and compared the resulting tree to my original tree and they are identical (except for the save games that I excluded from the 7z file). The resulting game starts fine for me. The only reason I can think that might cause you problems is that I run the game on Linux using WINE and therefore prepared the archive on Linux which is case sensitive. Windows on the other hand retains case but ignores it largely and has arcane rules of mapping long file names which might be causing this.

To find the offending files, set "Extra debug logs" to 1 in settings.cfg. That will create a file called savedebug.txt in the game directory where all errors are logged. If you can post this file here, then I'll have a look if I can spot the problem.

I played the mod in 2024 and it is great! with some caveats

-First the civil war is absolute bonkers, as a republic your very much at a disadvantage because the Brits and French only send infantry while the GDR and Nationalists get Tanks and Motorized infantry. its insanely difficult. i had to settle for holding Bavaria and Crushing the GDR and that one tank division. then grinding the Nationalists out.
- The war was very fun. But afterwards it was very boring. and I have gotten the event where France(after I beat them up in the war against the fascists) massacres saar people (even though I already have the Saar) and I was forced to beat the French up again and basically got all of northern France. like WW2. maybe just a bug
-Would have been nice if Trotsky actually invaded Poland and the European leagues assisted them.