The Stresemann Legacy - An ahistorical mod for Darkest Hour

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Now after some testing, I can spoil a little bit more about the upcoming things they will be new in the next version:
  • In early Summer 1933, there is a conference in Frankfurt that can have a massive impact on Europe's destiny.
  • If France turns fascist in 1934 there is no guarantee the Saar will be returned to Germany.
  • When Hitler coups in Austria you can start gambling by directly intervene in Austria. If you are very lucky, you have the chance to unite Austria with Germany.
  • If you are very unlucky as Germany, you may have to fight half of Europe in 1939.
  • Now you have two options to reintroduce Monarchy, you can go for a parliamentary monarchy with help from SPD or constitutional monarchy with help from DNVP.
  • Germany can end it's shortage of rares by dealing with Persia or China. Some other countries may are not pleased if you interfere within their areas of influence.

Now after some testing, I can spoil a little bit more about the upcoming things they will be new in the next version:
  • In early Summer 1933, there is a conference in Frankfurt that can have a massive impact on Europe's destiny.
  • If France turns fascist in 1934 there is no guarantee the Saar will be returned to Germany.
  • When Hitler coups in Austria you can start gambling by directly intervene in Austria. If you are very lucky, you have the chance to unite Austria with Germany.
  • If you are very unlucky as Germany, you may have to fight half of Europe in 1939.
  • Now you have two options to reintroduce Monarchy, you can go for a parliamentary monarchy with help from SPD or constitutional monarchy with help from DNVP.
  • Germany can end it's shortage of rares by dealing with Persia or China. Some other countries may are not pleased if you interfere within their areas of influence.

I like it !

Would Germany have an ability to create a strong-ish faction as a monarchy?

Would Germany have an ability to create a strong-ish faction as a monarchy?

The power of the "pro-monarchist" faction is defined by the results of the 1936 elections. If you get a national-conservative or conservative-liberal majority, you can make deals to reintroduce monarchy if people vote for a Kaiser in the 1937 presidential election.

You also can deal with the SPD but they will only accept a parliamentary monarchy.

The power of the "pro-monarchist" faction is defined by the results of the 1936 elections. If you get a national-conservative or conservative-liberal majority, you can make deals to reintroduce monarchy if people vote for a Kaiser in the 1937 presidential election.

You also can deal with the SPD but they will only accept a parliamentary monarchy.

I get that, but would it align countries like Romania, Hungary, Italy, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia etc... that are Monarchist to restart a Central Powers-esque faction?

This might be an option if you choose the "more" monarchist way with Wilhelm III instead of his son Louis Ferdinand who would rule only as representative.

A new screenshot, if France turns fascist a cold war will start in Europe:

The reason I still have not published a new version is that I want to include some more features.

A new feature is a more intensive Sino-German cooperation. Different than in RTL, Germany must look for new possibilities to test and train its divisions. In exchange for know-how and military advice, Germany can build pretty good relations with China and get a new operational base in Qingdao. Don't confuse it with a colony.

To simulate this, a separate TAG (Reichswehr) will represent the German troops in China. The so-called Chinakorps is allied to China but Germany has military control over it. So you can help the Chinese to fight Commies and get much-needed resources.

Over the years you will get more options how to use this strategic base. But be careful, the Japanese are not really happy about European entanglements in its sphere of influence.

May the Asian adventure begin!

Here a thing: If France turns Fascist, can Germany declares it's compromise on Versaille with France null and void? I mean, they were signed with the third french republic, not with a fascist French state. This might allow the UK to approach Germany to counter France, right?

There is indeed a possibility to return to "self-determinism" if France turns fascist. But the chance that the UK will ally with Germany just because of this event is very low. Furthermore, this is the intention of my mod. The more Germany will play its own game the harder will it be to survive a European war. That means without allies you probably will fail. If not against France, then against someone else.

There is indeed a possibility to return to "self-determinism" if France turns fascist. But the chance that the UK will ally with Germany just because of this event is very low. Furthermore, this is the intention of my mod. The more Germany will play its own game the harder will it be to survive a European war. That means without allies you probably will fail. If not against France, then against someone else.

Right, thank you,

Any estimated time until the release of the next version? We are very excited to play it.

How to make France go fascist?

You "can not make" France go fascist, during the February 34 crisis there is a much higher chance that France will fall than in RTL.

Right, thank you,

Any estimated time until the release of the next version? We are very excited to play it.

When it's done. Probably just a couple of days. I am in the testing phase and looking for things which went not right.

Sorry to spam but I have a problem with Austrian flag not loading and I have played dozen times this mod and France never went fascist. What am I doing wrong?

You have an older version. In the new version, the event chain is included with higher chances for fascist France.

Stresemann's Legacy
New Version for 1.05 [Codename: Moscow]
  • New events
  • Timeline coverage until 1940
  • The Frankfurt Conference
  • Death of Stalin
  • The Asiakorps
  • The Saar Crisis
  • German-French War preview
  • Fascist France preview
Advices for best experience:
1. Until probably 1935 you have to fight to dissent from the Great Depression. Then you might build up your industry and then prepare a new army.
2. Cosider NOT playing with other contries because I am no AI modder so the game would break.
3. If you are lacking money for important decisions, try to trade with other countries for it.

Installation:
1. Create a copy of a clean 1.05 Darkest Hour Full Folder
2. Rename it to Stresemanns Legacy
3. Copy the content of the .rar file into it and replace everything
4. Play

Download link updated in the opening post!

Stresemann's Legacy
  • New events
  • Death of Stalin
  • The Asiakorps
  • The Saar Crisis
  • Fascist France preview
1. Until probably 1935 you have to fight to dissent from the Great Depression. Then you might build up your industry and then prepare a new army.
2. Cosider NOT playing with other contries because I am no AI modder so the game would break.
3. If you are lacking money for important decisions, try to trade with other countries for it.

Installation:
4. Play

Finally! The mod LIVES!

Stresemann's Legacy
  • New events
  • Death of Stalin
  • The Asiakorps
  • The Saar Crisis
  • Fascist France preview

Installation:
4. Play

@Mexbuild , I seem to have a serious problem trying to start up this mod. I followed all the instructions to the last detail, deleted all the files in the scenarios folder except for 1933, made a clean DH 1.05 Full copy, overwritten it with the contents in the zip file, then it all seems to start correctly, until it finishes loading.... I suddenly got an error stating "-- excel file not found", or something along these lines, and no matter what i press, either ignore or try again, it will not let me pass, and I suffer a CTD (Crash to desktop). But when i check savedebug, everything seems to be alright with no issues, so how come some excel file is missing? My version of DH is 1.05.01, the latest patch, so could it be a compatibility issue, perhaps? Should I revert to the classic 1.05? Your mod is really great, herr, but it is a shame I can not even run it properly.

Stresemann's Legacy
  • New events
  • Death of Stalin
  • The Asiakorps
  • The Saar Crisis
  • Fascist France preview

Installation:
4. Play

Hi what do you mean no playing other countries? Do you mean that for now we may play only as Germany?
And another question are there surrender events?

Hi what do you mean no playing other countries? Do you mean that for now we may play only as Germany?
And another question are there surrender events?
It seems so. For now, we are solely restricted to playing as Germany. Playing any other nation as an human, such as France or the USSR seems to glitch out the A.I. and mess up the Stressemann events. So yeah, this mod is still in its infancy, that is why A.I. is not yet finished.

Having downloaded the newest update, I'm enjoying the mod so far. Though I notice that in the event the Croatian war triggers and the Croats call in their neighbors to lend a hand, there's no event restoring Croatia as a sovereign country if the coalition wins but Croatia was annexed before the war ended. Which I assume isn't the intent even if the Fascists using Croartia as an excuse to land grab and then leaving them out to dry is also funny :V

Ah right, the other issue I noticed is that when you're making the European League, it doesn't have Egypt pull out along with the British countries if they exist, or really give them the option to choose whether or not to do so

Last edited: