• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Damn it Seek, I enjoyed being on your side!:p

BBB, can you clear this up for me:

Am I now elected President or am I just the Democrat nomination?

Its quite cool how similar to reality this turned out. In RL the Whigs had 3 Presidential candidates in the hope that they could gain greater regional support and combined collect the majority of electoral colleges (then they would have the power to choose the President).

My vote is indeed transferred as both Mcattack and Khur had the interests of Oregon as central promises in their manifesto's.
The Americans of Oregon are behind the Democrat Party

At 7PM GMT, the primaries will end. If the situation stays as is, Senator McAttack will become the democrat candidate, and Senator King the Whig candidate.
They will PM me detailed policies (foreign, domestic, budget), including any reforms they want to make if they are elected. I'll post the election update with these policies, and you guys'll have a week to vote for President.

((I have a question baring in mind I'm not sure how American politics works exactly, but are individual senators allowed to propose bills or can we only hassle the president for them, this is for reference much later on but it just sprang to mind))

((I have a question baring in mind I'm not sure how American politics works exactly, but are individual senators allowed to propose bills or can we only hassle the president for them, this is for reference much later on but it just sprang to mind))

I personally am not that sure either, but please, talk to the candidates (the one you vote for preferably) maybe they'll include it in their campaign. :)

As Presidential candidate for the Democratic Party I shall now open a consultancy period with the general public. The Democratic Party is the party for all Americans, a sharp contrast with the Whigs. What are the things that most concern you? What particular legislation would you desire to further the greatness of these United States of America?

Long Live the Republic!

As Presidential candidate for the Democratic Party I shall now open a consultancy period with the general public. The Democratic Party is the party for all Americans, a sharp contrast with the Whigs. What are the things that most concern you? What particular legislation would you desire to further the greatness of these United States of America?

Long Live the Republic!

Mr. McAttack, if you would allow it, I would like to see an increase in the size and strength of our army and nazy, as well as an improved industrial base in our southern states to counter the decreasing prices of cotton around the world. These are my only main concerns as of now. May your Presidency be glorious for our Union.

Long Live the Republic!

Mr McAttack you promised support for me, my people and my millita I'd like you to clarify what will be given in terms of support, I am aware of the colonisation bill coming to our aid however how will this be implemented and what else can we expect in terms of federal support.

[sigh] John Fender throws his allegiance to Senator King. If there is no VP under King I would recommend choosing myself to help balance the issue on slavery (King is way to abolitionist).

Mr. McAttack, If it is not too much to ask, I would love to see Our Army and Navy given greater funding and expanded. Using primarily southern troops if possible. This will mean less poor whites in the south failing to farm cotton in competition with the big plantation owners and higher prices on cotton for the rest. In addition I would love to see some Industry, perhaps a winery or a concrete factory, being built in Georgia. This will again employ more poor whites and help combat the dropping price of cotton due to overfarming by the less privlidged population. I am not a elected official but a Officer, however, I do know that these policies will garuntee you Georgias vote for the next election.

Mr. McAttack, if you would allow it, I would like to see an increase in the size and strength of our army and nazy, as well as an improved industrial base in our southern states to counter the decreasing prices of cotton around the world. These are my only main concerns as of now. May your Presidency be glorious for our Union.

Mr. McAttack, If it is not too much to ask, I would love to see Our Army and Navy given greater funding and expanded. Using primarily southern troops if possible. This will mean less poor whites in the south failing to farm cotton in competition with the big plantation owners and higher prices on cotton for the rest. In addition I would love to see some Industry, perhaps a winery or a concrete factory, being built in Georgia. This will again employ more poor whites and help combat the dropping price of cotton due to overfarming by the less privlidged population. I am not a elected official but a Officer, however, I do know that these policies will garuntee you Georgias vote for the next election.

I intended to put funds aside for an expansion of the military. I shall also ensure that both Yankees and Dixies are called upon to serve their country. However, worried as I am about placing too high a burden on taxation, tariffs and borrowing (at these times the international credit markets are not as loose as usual ((at the start of V2 games there is a big risk of bankruptcy if you over borrow - much more so than later in the game)) ) I fear that there will not be enough money left over to fund a largescale naval expansion. Such a move may also be slightly imrudent when our greatest dangers lie in continental America.

I will do what I can to promote the emegeance of industry in the South. If any private individuals create fatories then the government will support their expansion. ((I plan on having interventionism as my economic policy))

Mr McAttack you promised support for me, my people and my millita I'd like you to clarify what will be given in terms of support, I am aware of the colonisation bill coming to our aid however how will this be implemented and what else can we expect in terms of federal support.

You are a brave man and your militia shall have support. We shall send a brigade of cavalry to the province of Washington and begin its colonisation before moving on to Oregon - if there is a danger of another, foriegn, power making claims on Oregon then its colonisation is to begin forthwith.

I shall deliver a full manifesto at a later date.

You are a brave man and your militia shall have support. We shall send a brigade of cavalry to the province of Washington and begin its colonisation before moving on to Oregon - if there is a danger of another, foriegn, power making claims on Oregon then its colonisation is to begin forthwith.

that is all a man could want in these troubled times in these troubled parts. thank you sir.

[sigh] John Fender throws his allegiance to Senator King. If there is no VP under King I would recommend choosing myself to help balance the issue on slavery (King is way to abolitionist).
I agree with this, and wholeheartedly support a King/Fender ticket. The Whig party is a young one, but strong and able to innovate as opposed to the Democratic party of Jackson.

My vote is indeed transferred as both Mcattack and Khur had the interests of Oregon as central promises in their manifesto's.
The Americans of Oregon are behind the Democrat Party
Of course the Democrats are attentive of Oregon. Who in America does not have their eyes on Oregon - and indeed all of the American Pacific?
And of course they will send soldiers. That is all they can do - in the Seminole lands, in Texas... all soldiers.

The Whig Ideal, which I call upon King himself to reaffirm his support to, is this: to develop the land in all ways. Law and order will be kept by a stout national garrison sent to support the Oregonians and protect colonization - that is a given. It is the Whigs who will protect and provide for Pacific industry and economy after soldiers are no longer needed, though. Ports, and eventually a Pacific fleet to protect against invasion. A garrison stationed to protect against aggression from Mexico or Canadian territories (and under the Whigs, no reckless wars with them, wrecking and abandoning the Western territories for bloated ambitions or foolish ideas that will never benefit those in the West at all). A railroad system built in increments from Oregon to the East, and there one stretching North to South, to link industry and support American business throughout all the continent. Support for education and the technological advances that continue to make living in and linking together such diverse regions better and easier. This is the Whig Ideal - the American system where together we are far stronger than when we are divided or ruled by those with only the interests of a few in their hearts.

Polls are closed.

The Democrat candidate is Thomas McAttack.

The Whig candidate is Arthur King.

Candidates, send me your as-detailed-as-possible policies. The update on Jackson's final year in office is on its way.

I intended to put funds aside for an expansion of the military. I shall also ensure that both Yankees and Dixies are called upon to serve their country. However, worried as I am about placing too high a burden on taxation, tariffs and borrowing (at these times the international credit markets are not as loose as usual ((at the start of V2 games there is a big risk of bankruptcy if you over borrow - much more so than later in the game)) ) I fear that there will not be enough money left over to fund a largescale naval expansion. Such a move may also be slightly imrudent when our greatest dangers lie in continental America.

I will do what I can to promote the emegeance of industry in the South. If any private individuals create fatories then the government will support their expansion. ((I plan on having interventionism as my economic policy))

I thank you for your support for our Army and Industry in our Southern States. It saddens me to hear that our Nazy may not receive such blessings but as you have said, we may not have the financial capabilities to strength it, it is just my hopes that we do not engage in a war with another country where our Nazy will come into a decisive role while they are in a weakened position.

The Whig Ideal, which I call upon King himself to reaffirm his support to, is this: to develop the land in all ways. Law and order will be kept by a stout national garrison sent to support the Oregonians and protect colonization - that is a given. It is the Whigs who will protect and provide for Pacific industry and economy after soldiers are no longer needed, though. Ports, and eventually a Pacific fleet to protect against invasion. A garrison stationed to protect against aggression from Mexico or Canadian territories (and under the Whigs, no reckless wars with them, wrecking and abandoning the Western territories for bloated ambitions or foolish ideas that will never benefit those in the West at all). A railroad system built in increments from Oregon to the East, and there one stretching North to South, to link industry and support American business throughout all the continent. Support for education and the technological advances that continue to make living in and linking together such diverse regions better and easier. This is the Whig Ideal - the American system where together we are far stronger than when we are divided or ruled by those with only the interests of a few in their hearts.

And Mr. Gallatin ((Gloa)), the interests of Oregon that you have mentioned will also be done by the Democrat Party. We too shall care for the protection of the west through a garrison and Pacific fleet, and help to promote growth through a transcontinental railroad and also through Gov't subsidized ((dont know if thats corect spelling)) factories until such a time when sustained growth is ensured for civilian take over. I call upon Mr. McAttack to verify that these things will be done in time, by our party and not just through a Whig-elected President.