• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good ol' GhostWriter, always bumping things...

lifeless: only 1 more week GhostWriter!

sigh. i know. groan!

update today!
Hopefully I'll fin my notes, otherwise it will be a short update with only a few details. All I can tell right now is that I had some mixed succes.

Notes not found. So update will be short.

Steps to victory:
-join the Axis (savegame editing needed)
-have my navy sweep away any enemy naval forces
-invade Burma
post-4-1151420381.jpg

the Burmese Invasion force
-have marines and mountaineers capture Indonesia, only the Java contains Dutch forces
-annex Mongolia with my puppet forces
-create a stong defensive line against Soviet troops
post-4-1151420786.jpg

Anti-Soviet forces

The actual war:

The War in Burma

War against the Brittish in Burma went well. Our superiority on both the ground and air proved to great to handly for the defenders.
Ground forces are brushed aside and subsequently destroyed by my bombers.
After a solid month of bombing Brittish fighters turn up and manage to heavily damage my airforce. Airforce is relocated to Japan and spends the next few months repairing :eek:
Having been beaten in the air my groundforces have to do all the work.
By the end of the year Burma is captured. Some 20 assorted Canadian, Uk and Australian divisions are destroyed by victorious Japanses forces.
Also destroyed some airunits when capturing airfields.
post-4-1151420436.jpg

Crushing the Canadian armour. Brittish and Japanese forces create strong defensive lines near the Indian border.

Naval warfare:
Enemy fleets keep clear from the Pacific. Only some Dutch and Soviet submarines sink some merchant ships. Our naval bombers sink them. My fleets are incapable of defeating and sinking submarines, I need to build more destroyers before the Americans join the war!
My main carrierfleet patroles the coast of Ceylon and India, occasionally intercepting a small brittish fleet. Only a few ships are sunk.
post-4-1151420489.jpg

my biggest naval victory

Indonesia and Malasya:
Forces adavnce slowly. Singapore, Sumatra and half of Borneo captured. Only fighting was against two brittish divisions in Singapore. 1st marine corps assaults the beaches and 2nd marine corps atacks from the jungle, combined with a huge battleshipfleet bombarding the enemy I quickly defeat them.

The war against the Red Menace

Here I have less succes.
My plan was to capture Vladivostok, Mongolia, Tanu Tuva and the eastern part of Siberia. I intended to create a defensive line with 6 puppet divisions in each province to stop Soviet counter-attacks. I would capture only a small amount of IC but would destroy some 20 units and tie up more.
Only one big problem.
Soviet troops are are stronger than imagined

They Soviets attack when I join the war and manage to invade Manchuria
post-4-1151420834.jpg

The Soviets also capture Mohe and Jiamusi. Attack on Vladivostok succeeds but further advances fail.
The nightmare of massive Soviet-forces trampling my Chinese puppet is getting close. Luckily I made another mistake.
It appears that Mongolia hasn't joined the war against the Axis. I quickly strategicaly redeploy the Mongolian Invasion forces to Manchuria, Mongolia will have to wait to be annexed.
They turn up just in time to stop further Russian advances. Massive amounts of casualties on both sides when I counter-attack and drive the Russians back. In the end I manage to pocket the Russians in eastern Siberia.
post-4-1151420877.jpg

Russian forces in the pocket are still supplied by sea. The Soviets are to strong to overcome for now. They even manage to attack and defeat the Chinese forces in Jiamusi. I'll wait for the armies to rest and have ben repaired before I try to destroy the pocket. I'll probably have to send in some of my elite Japanese mountaineer forces or even marines to break the deadlock.

On other fronts my Chinese troops capture Hong Kong destroying a Brittish garrison. Bigger news is the German capture of..... Moscow!
post-4-1151420621.jpg

Persia has to turn over half it's territory to the UK and the USSR
post-4-1154688072.jpg

bad news! I seem to have accidently not saved the last year of gameplay :eek:
I don't feel like playing the same year again so I'm afraid this AAR will be abandonned :(

Barkdreg said:
bad news! I seem to have accidently not saved the last year of gameplay :eek:
I don't feel like playing the same year again so I'm afraid this AAR will be abandonned :(

Doh! I liked this AAR very much! :(

Ah, too bad. :(

Barkdreg: bad news!...I don't feel like playing the same year again so I'm afraid this AAR will be abandonned :(

bummer! ! it was so good! ! sigh.

thanks for the positive reactions :)
Maybe I'll do another AAR soon. I've never played a game as the soviets so I might try them

Bugger! Just as things were starting to get really interesting!