• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My humble requests would be:

• The ability to modify succession crises by the new ruler's age, traits or stats

Because I am tired of the same type and likelihood of revolt, over and over again.

• In defines.lua, along the lines of "NEIGHBOUR_SAME_RELIGON_GROUP_MULT", a "NEIGHBOUR_SAME_RELIGON_MULT", "NEIGHBOUR_DIFFERENT_RELIGON_GROUP_MULT", "NEIGHBOUR_DIFFERENT_CULTURE_MULT", AND "NEIGHBOUR_SAME_CULTURE_MULT". Basically, the ability to mod tech spread speed wrt to more cleanly defined religious and also cultural attributes.

I mean, it took even the Toledans approximately two centuries to translate the Chirurgia and the Canon of Medicine, three centuries to translate The Book of Algebra and Almucabala, and well over a thousand years to translate works by Euclid and Archimedes. And the translaters were living in recently reconquista'd Spain.

Add the ability to rename titles via decision/event. k_france can be Kingdom of the Franks at game start, then can have a decision/event where it is renamed Kingdom of France.

Add the ability to define via localisation file different county, duchy, kingdom and empire names based on the culture of the ruler.

The localisation listing would be just like what we can currently do to define the names of the titles (king_english, king_german, etc) by culture...
k_italy;default
k_italy_german;german name
k_italy_frankish;frankish name
etc.

+1. Dynamic naming is needed. It's also much less unwieldy than doing it all through thousands of events and even then.. the code just doesn't exist to change whole tiers of titles.

I'd say the ability to mod Tech groups is absolutely necessary. Having Zoroastrians show up as "0/0/0" in tech while their neighbours of the same culture are at "8/16/16" is absurd and the only way to change that at the moment is either to give "8/16/16" to Tengriist Nomads at the same time or put them in with friggin' Islam. I don't see a reason why this couldn't be defined in it's own Commons file where one might add a "Zoroastrian" section or not make it blanket across a group at all (different tech between Pagans as well). It's silly to say there was a big technological divide between Christian and Ásatrú Scandinavians, for instance.

I support these suggestions +1. Though ofcourse Paradox games are already very moddable, for which we should be thankful. Many of these suggestions might take a lot of work/time for Paradox to implement. Nonetheless I do hope Paradox devs take notice and will try to increase the moddability further.

Something else I recently came into contact with since I was actually writing some other stuff: The need for a "realm_size = X" trigger!

At the moment all of the similar triggers all seem to refer to individual people, so if you're writing something that's supposed to apply to the whole realm then it just.. won't. It'll only apply to the specific character's demesne.

While if you had a "realm_size = X" command then one could write something like " NOT = { top_liege = { realm_size = 4 } } " to directly count it from the highest ranking liege, thus being applicable to the whole realm and being completely dynamic. Seems like there ought to be a way to be relevant to whole realms. Was trying to write a building with tiers specifically used to not make Warrior Cults overpowered for big nations, instead of being needed help for small ones.

Add the ability to create male and female matronymics (male_matronym, female_matronym) so characters can adopt their mother's name, and create another tag set for only bastards (bastard_male_matronym, bastard_female_matronym). Probably need some rule that a culture can only have one, either patronymics or matronymics, or some tag that only uses matronymics when the ruler is female.

ability to modify consort names (or fixing it!). Things like:

Code:
GRANDDUKE;Grand Duke;Grand-Duc;Großherzog;;Gran Duque;;;;;;;;;x
[B]GRANDDUKE_title_ruler_consort;Grand Duke;Grand-Duc;Großherzog;;Gran Duque;;;;;;;;;x[/B]
GRANDDUKE_female;Grand Duchess;Grande-Duchesse;Großherzogin;;Gran Duquesa;;;;;;;;;x
[B]GRANDDUKE_title_ruler_consort_female;Grand Duchess;Grande-Duchesse;Großherzogin;;Gran Duquesa;;;;;;;;;x[/B]
GRANDDUKE_OF;Grand Duchy of;Grand-Duché de;Großherzogtum;;Gran Ducado de;;;;;;;;;x
GRANDDUKE_FOA_TUSCANY;Your Serene Highness;Votre Altesse Sérénissime;Ihre Durchlaucht;;Su Alteza Serenísima;;;;;;;;;x

Are ignored seemingly by the game (still referred to as King, Queen Consort)

I would like an option where I can have most titles use a random coat of arm instead of a preset title flag (k_england), but still have some use those title flags if present (k_knights_templar). Basically, if a title flag exists use it, and if not, create a random coat of arm gfx. Currently if a title flag is missing the game selects the next title flag and messes them all up. This would solve that problem and allow modders to mix random and preset flags.

Sadly, the Devs added almost none of these ideas to the new patch.
They did a whole bunch of exporting though, so that definitely helps.
I'll remove anything that's been done once the patch itself is up.

In green what I know is in 1.06...

• Export the chance of death from old age into defines
  • Export the onset of old age into defines
  • Export the hardcoded chances of death into defines
  • Export the multipliers and maxes for opinion from prestige and piety to defines
  • Export the diplomacy weights to defines, or even better, make it scriptable
  • Same as above, but for law votes and elective votes
  • Export cooldown for law changes to defines
  • Export the 1 crown law change per life limit to defines
  • Export the % of counties needed to form duchies/kingdoms/empires to defines, or to the specific titles in landed_titles
    [*]Export landed_titles to a folder, like has been done with characters and traits. Suggested grouping: by top-level title (E.G., e_byzantium, k_sweden)
    [*]Export dynasties to a folder, like has has been done with characters and traits
    [*]Export cultures to a folder, like has been done with characters and traits
  • Improve the parsing of landed_titles.txt so that conditions involving titles can be put before the title is defined
  • Break up the localization files by topic. It'd make it much easier to find what you're looking for
  • Add the ability to set at what level CoA randomization starts. Currently you can either randomize all CoAs, or just baronies. I would for example like to leave county CoAs for muslims random, while using the flag-files for duchies, kingdoms, and empires
  • In conjunction with the above, being able to set barony CoAs would be nice
  • Also, being able to set CoA randomization by culture instead of religion
  • In addition, the ability to set random CoAs for specific titles
  • Holding-level modifiers
  • Realm-level modifiers
  • Dynasty-level modifiers
  • Title-level flags (code, not gfx)
  • Ability to create new types of holdings
  • Holding-scope income conditions and such, for scripting purposes
  • More specific familial relationship opinion modifiers (E.G., brothers, uncles, grandparents)
  • A way to disable random traits on a per-character level (E.G., random_traits = no)
  • The ability to set a character's dynasty shield as their CoA rather than their primary title
    [*]Any_character and random_character scopes
  • A command to destroy holdings
  • A way to set specific traits as invalid for randomized traits
  • Province decisions
  • Ability to add modifiers (province, character, etc.) via the history files
  • Expand the moddability of DNA. Number of option slots should not be hardcoded
  • Ability to add more than 16 terrain types/textures
  • Trigger conditions based on combat tactic in use
  • Traits inheritable via succession
    [*]Ability to disable death or slow down the aging of specific and generic characters
  • Ability to specifically modify sea -> land movement times and vice versa
  • An on_birth on-action trigger
  • A surname section for each culture, for randomly generated characters. Linkable, like given names
  • Improve graphical modding
  • More modifiable demesne limit (similar to how attributes currently work)
  • Dynamic dejure drift, allowing modifiers
  • Moddable succession laws
  • Requirements specifically for title usurpation, as opposed to creation
  • Ability to add ports to inland seas
  • Multiple levels of religion, not just religion group and specific religion
  • Cultural/religious title names (E.G., different name for Sicily if it is owned by Muslims than if by Christians)
  • Ability to mod mapmodes (farfetched, I know)
  • A more useful region system, allowing scripting based on region, and overlapping regions
  • An at_sea event trigger
  • Ability to mod women to lead armies
  • The ability to modify succession crises by the new ruler's age, traits or stats
  • Ability to define tech groups
  • Ability to mod tech spread by culture, not just religion
  • Ability to rename titles by event
    [*]Realm_size trigger