• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.

Meneth

Crusader Kings 3 Programmer
153 Badges
Feb 9, 2011
www.paradoxwikis.com
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
This is meant simply as a set of suggestions for Paradox that would make it easier to mod the game. Some of the suggestions are rather far-fetched, as feasibility is usually not judged when adding to the list. Further suggestions to the list would be appreciated.
While the game is already one of the most moddable games on the market, there are areas where it could be further improved. The suggestions are categorized to make the list easier to read. Beyond that it is in no particular order.

The list itself is located on the wiki: http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Modding_suggestions
Additions to it can be done directly, but ideas can be discussed here. It is recommended to post in this thread whenever one adds to the list.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Added another suggestion:
Add the ability to set at what level CoA randomization starts. Currently you can either randomize all CoAs, or just baronies. I would for example like to leave county CoAs for muslims random, while using the flag-files for duchies, kingdoms, and empires

Wiz essentially has that in CK2+ I believe? Or a workaround for it essentially. Feels like they die more often in it anyways.

+1 for the Muslim CoA especially, that annoys me to no end!

What about being able to define familial relationships? I want my brothers to hate each other by my grandmother to love me!

as i have been/am currently doing alot of modding based around buildings and provinces i would love to see:

-modifiers purely related to baronial holdings
-the ability to create new holding types
-the ability to be able to have event triggers related to baronial things, such as amount of income a barony makes etc.

thats just from the top of my head.
I'll add it all.

Reactions:
+1 to all :D

- random_traits=no in character history files
- the ability to set a character's dynasty shield as their primary gfx to appear on screen
Added.
Also, you and any other modders in here should come to the CKII Modding IRC channel linked in my signature ;)

I'll sign off on all of this. I'd also really like a way to destroy holdings via a command, and to build them in a suitable free slot in a province instead of having to specifically target a title.

Reactions:
I'll sign off on all of this. I'd also really like a way to destroy holdings via a command.
One more: A way to set a trait as non-valid for random traits, so you don't end up with 2-year old crusaders in 1066.
Added to the list.

Last edited:
One more: A way to set a trait as non-valid for random traits, so you don't end up with 2-year old crusaders in 1066.

Province decisions (coding random_demesne_province is a pain)

Modifiers for realms and dynasties
Added to the list. BTW, you should check out the modding IRC (link in my signature). It's getting somewhat active now.

I got registered, thanks. And before I forget, setting province and (less necessarily) character modifiers in the history files. Opinion modifiers in history/characters would be good, too.

It is a pain right now to set up economic and political modifiers which has become popular thanks to apg's work and now my own modest contribution.

So I do things like this:

scaled.php

Instead of:

1066.1.1 = {
add_province_modifier = royal_domain
}

Two things I'd like to see, both in regards to portraits.

- Make it so that dna slots can contain any number of options, not just 27, limited by the alphabet. This would basically require that dna -not- be coded as a "one character - one slot" thing, but that's not really a huge issue.
- Make it so that modders can add additional dna or property slots as they please. The game should be able to process these properly, there's really no reason why the number for slots has to be hardcoded.
Added to the list.

A petition is a bit thuggish, a demand rather than a request.
If there were to be modding additions, really the most important would be for the ability to make traits that make the character passed over in succession as priests are [needed for holy orders, knights, solving the dynasty-founders problem, etc] and traits that prevent hardcoded death [allowing all death for that character to be handled by event, solving your first three demands]
Added.

I agree with the suggestion for a button to split an army or fleet roughly in half. That sounds simple but effective.

I'd also like a button to raise a de jure duchy's (however much of it you control obviously) levies as a sort of happy medium between raising the entire kingdom/empire's or having to spam-click every single province in a large area. For example if I'm fighting a small, controlled war or just dealing with a mid-level rebellion then I often only need two or three duchies' worth of troops, not my whole kingdom's. I guess this would be useful for pretty much everyone -- so you could just click the 'raise ducal levies' button on Normandy and then on Flanders and you'd have those two duchies' provinces' troops all raised at once instead of having to click on about ten provinces.

Anyway I'd like that. :blush:
That doesn't really have anything to do with moddability though.

- Specific elements to improve vote in favor in case of elective. (for instance Crusader give +0.1 to vote chance for a character)
- Export vote chance modifiers (if any)
- Export diplomatic response modifiers
- Export movement speed (land to land / land to sea / sea to land / sea to sea)
Added the first two. The 3rd is already on the list. Movement speed can already be modded in the terrain file.

How did I miss the movement speed one... Are you sure we can change the time to embark troops, disembark them...
Ah, no you cannot change those specifically AFAIK. You can only change movement speed on a per-terrain basis.
Added to the list.

A command to destroy holdings

Isn't this in already? Asking because I'm thinking about adding a few events regarding sieges and natural disasters to holdings. The fact that holdings in the game only improve make the endgame way too predictable. Provinces that cannot end anything but maxxed out are lame.
You can only destroy holdings via their names AFAIK, so you cannot destroy arbitrary holdings by event/decision.

I'd like them to add the option to export lots of details about successful or unsuccessful plots, and romantic liaisons. I'd love to see an export of all player-related plots and deaths, who backed the plots, who the wife slept with. There is so much going on which, right now, I think the player can never see. There are good game reasons for restricting the player's knowledge to what the character actually knows, but there are good Modding reasons (AARs in particular) for permitting the player to know more than the character.

Call it the Fog of Death, and allow us to lift it.
I think that might make more sense as an entirely separate suggestion of its own, or as one in the Wishlist thread, as it has more to do with AAR and storytelling and such than to do with modding.