• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is IN 3.1, Vanilla. Which is part of the reason I was so surprised.

Lancaster tried to revolt first, but got crushed when Cornwall and Scotland DOW'd England. But by revolting they got cores, so when they rose up a second time, England was toast. I'm pretty sure Wessex and Kent started out as Peasant revolters that somehow ended up joining with the Lancastrian nationalists...

My God you're right! There's a Lancaster country file, what would have made that shot complete would be if Yorkshire was the capital of Lancaster

Wow, I had no idea that Lancaster existed in Vanilla. That is one of the strangest screenshots so far.

Yeah it was in vanilla version with York but neither was playable as they never even got in the game. It seems that in IN they finally made those nations so that they might even be in the game as nations. Still haven't seen them in my games.

France got owned by itself, now i only have to worry about Spain
1fcea5bf6cd7b2e05f66352c15f880ec8cd.jpg

You got Normany, Toulouse and just about every other small faction in France present

Still missing Champagne...

EDIT: And Guyenne

You got Normany, Toulouse and just about every other small faction in France present

Who will emerge out of that mess as the biggest? France still looks like it has decent shot at getting them together given long enough. If you don't get in first that is.

France in my current game is a real mess. The Kingdom of France itself is just the city of Lyon; the west and south are Germany's (my) various vassals (Toulouse, Bourbounais, Guyenne, Normandy, and Armagnac, the last one of which has got absolutely huge off religious defections and has started colonising Indonesia) including Paris (a Norman possession), the north and east are part of a HUGE Burgundy, and Champagne (one province in the middle of Burgundy plus about four in NA) and Dauphine (two provinces) are independent. I've also seen both Provence and Avignon forming, although the former was quickly reannexed by Burgundy and the latter eventually collapsed in on itself for some reason.

Anyway, screenshots.
rigavs3.jpg

Super-Riga. This was all done through conquest, too!

francewutql8.jpg

Spot what seems wrong here.

Also, you may be wondering how France can support a 28-regiment army when they're basically one province (they're three overall at that time), but the point remains. Well, in fact, they support about 90 regiments (!), and this is how:
wtffrancewc9.jpg

What is going on with that siege? Also that is a big army for a 3 prov nation.
I believe what happened is that I had funded a pretender revolt in the capital a few years previously (just to tip them over the edge and secure another round of religious defections to Armagnac :cool:), and after the pretender force was incorporated into their army, it retained its German loyalty part for a good while afterwards. Hence, we had the odd situation where I was at war with France and besieging the capital, yet not facing any sort of repercussion from the local 28,000 man army, who were apparently quite content to just let me proceed. :eek:

Unfortunatly I cannot post a screenshot yet, but im playing as Leinster and I have started over a few times now due to not enough luck to deal with england. Well this time my luck is really bad, its year 1407 and England is allied to FRANCE!!!!!!!!!!

wait, wut?
EU3_53.jpg

Reminds me of what I did to France in a Byzantium game. I had mostly concentrated on the East and Italy into the 1600's, so France had managed to make itself overlord of all of Northern Italy, Germany west of the Weser. In a series of wars I forced them to release nation after nation until their only territory was the part immediately surrounding the Siene valley and the Ile-de-France. Then I spent a few decades trying to maintain a balance of power in the area, keeping anyone (but me) from dominating the region. Unfortunately, the Siene valley is some of the richest territory in the game, so France was still fielding 30,000 troop armies against my encircling vassal states, which was definitely annoying.

That, and I never did manage to get them to release much of their Andean territory.