• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So eventually we'll need to have sector's which aren't Earth sector?
What does a sector entail? - The proper Government buildings (Sector Command). Radius proportional to the square root of the number of buildings.

Reactions:
Millennia unlocks later today, so I might get side-tracked into that.

So given there's a natural limit to the radius of our sector, won't we need a second one in a colony eventually?
Yes, but there's no sense in starting the new sector in a system adjacent to the Sol sector. The new one will have a radius too, so it should be set back a bit.

Yes, but there's no sense in starting the new sector in a system adjacent to the Sol sector. The new one will have a radius too, so it should be set back a bit.
What would the new sector entail? It'd be semi infldependent and need it's own stashes, supplied, etc.?

No. Sectors only determine WHICH administrator gets to add his bonus to every operation in the sector.

Will it be the Earth sector admin, or a different guy?

The Constellation class Carrier refits will take about nine months, with four Carriers refitting up to second-gen at a time.

Storm class Gauss PD Frigates, the same.

Our Uridium supply is slowly increasing month-on-month, so we have reversed the downward trend.

Four more Eyeball class AWACS FACs come off the production line, and another four laid down.

This allows us to form a larger number of Sabre squadrons, since I like to put two AWACS in each.

• 1Like
Reactions:
April 10th 1999

sb-637.jpg

That's the third class of second-gen refits started... first Carriers and Gauss PD, now AWACS.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Against our current opponents, those Sabres are worth their weight in gold.

A stack of two Eyeballs plus five or six Sabres costs about as much (in minerals and in maintenance requirements) as a single Destroyer (and only about a third as much as a fully loaded Carrier), and are FAR more effective against this particular opponent.

• 1Like
Reactions:
May 17th, 1999.

Four more Sabre IIIs are launched, and that's the last of the Legacy versions that were in the pipe-line. Now only Sabre IVs are under construction.

With those slipways cleared, four more Sabre IIs enter refit to be upgraded to the latest Sabre IV model.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Our first (upgraded from Sabre II) second-gen Sabre!

sb-638.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions:
Our Uridium supply is slowly increasing month-on-month, so we have reversed the downward trend.
What was it we use uridium for?

Four more Eyeball class AWACS FACs come off the production line, and another four laid down.

This allows us to form a larger number of Sabre squadrons, since I like to put two AWACS in each.
Why do we need two AWACS per squadron?

April 10th 1999

View attachment 1103937

That's the third class of second-gen refits started... first Carriers and Gauss PD, now AWACS.
What does construction rate 20 BP mean?

May 17th, 1999.

Four more Sabre IIIs are launched, and that's the last of the Legacy versions that were in the pipe-line. Now only Sabre IVs are under construction.

With those slipways cleared, four more Sabre IIs enter refit to be upgraded to the latest Sabre IV model.
Are all Sabre Is upgraded?

Our first (upgraded from Sabre II) second-gen Sabre!

View attachment 1106290
I take it that all upgraded crafts get an -U at the end of their number?

What was it we use uridium for? - Sensors and (most important!) making spare parts.

Why do we need two AWACS per squadron? - One AWACS is a point failure risk. What if it gets knocked out, or breaks down?

What does construction rate 20 BP mean? - Constructing stuff twice as fast as at game start.

Are all Sabre Is upgraded? - Only one is upgraded so far. Eight more in the works.

I take it that all upgraded crafts get an -U at the end of their number? - If I remember to, yes.

Reactions:
Lots of fighting going on elsewhere in the Galaxy, but well outside our detection range.

Has some fool set off The Swarm?

sb-639.jpg

Still working on upgrading the Fleet, and refitting the Sabres up to Mark IV.

Has some fool set off The Swarm?
Let's hope not, as won't it eventually find us if so?
And I doubt we're prepared for that.

Let's hope not, as won't it eventually find us if so?
And I doubt we're prepared for that.
The Swarm expands and explores, yes. And yeah, I doubt that we're ready for something like that.

The Swarm expands and explores, yes. And yeah, I doubt that we're ready for something like that.
Ah, so if the swarm actually is on the loose then we're boned?

Three more Sabres upgrade to Sabre IV model.

sb-640.jpg

I've renamed them Sabre IV 002-U through 004-U.

Ah, so if the swarm actually is on the loose then we're boned?
Not necessarily. It might take them so many years to get here that we'll be more than a match for them by then.