• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Okay something crazy happened in my game. USA landed in Netherlands and all them became Netherlands units wtf! The Netherlands annexed Germany :laugh:. What is happening???

If units still have a small USA flag in the right-bottom corner but Netherlands color... they became expeditionary forces of Netherlands. A nice gift of USA to your opponent.

How does pausing in multiplayer work? Ive only played single player. I pause all the time to keep up with the always fluctuating production menu. The fixed bars are useless, as it doesn't do what its intended to do.

Worded slightly better now im not tired:

2 Quickies:

1) Can you make up and go along with litterally any (reasonable) strategy you like? Or are you sort of forced to stay 'kind of on track' with the WWII events?

2) When starting up a new game, what exactly do you do to start off? Do you have to re-organised the whole OOB to have it be effective? (Seems you start off with terrible OOB)

I started a very agressive game as Italy and by 1938 my treath is 125.

1. Will this affect me ?

2 Will the allies or russia attack me before the 2 world war is suppose to start ?

3. Should I make my MNT div 3 or 4 brigades ?
( I have 8 Corps *5 div *3 regiments now, or in que. I am planing to use them in africa/middle east and in my Turkey russian front)

I started a very agressive game as Italy and by 1938 my treath is 125.

1. Will this affect me ?

2 Will the allies or russia attack me before the 2 world war is suppose to start ?

( I have 8 Corps *5 div *3 regiments now, or in que. I am planing to use them in africa/middle east and in my Turkey russian front)

If you are in the Axis they can attack you I think. If not, they wont.

Just a quick reply to 2/

I would absolutely recommend to reorganize the OOB that you're starting with. It may seem like a chore, but if you picked any of the major actors of the conflict, and intend to execute a well planned, long-term strategy of yours as smoothly as possible over time, you are almost bound to it.

Nothing as messy as to start the war and wonder who your commanders are, where their troops rest and what they are really capable of, had they been assigned in a way that makes sense to YOU.

There are tools that might help you, and make it even a really enjoyable endeavor. Have a look here and here.

2) When starting up a new game, what exactly do you do to start off? Do you have to re-organised the whole OOB to have it be effective? (Seems you start off with terrible OOB):

Last edited:
Just a quick reply to 2/

I would absolutely recommend to reorganize the OOB that you're starting with. It may seem like a chore, but if you picked any of the major actors of the conflict, and intend to execute a well planned, long-term strategy of yours as smoothly as possible over time, you are almost bound to it.

Nothing as messy as to start the war and wonder who your commanders are, where their troops rest and what they are really capable of, had they been assigned in a way that makes sense to YOU.

There are tools that might help you, and make it even a really enjoyable endeavor. Have a look here and here.

Thanks I will give one of those a go :)

IMO having 3 MNT per division is the most effective choise. On a 10 Frontage battle you can send the same amount of brigades in the fight as with 4 brigades per division. Smaller divisions will help to cover a bigger area.

Can someone tell me why the AI is so stupid?

I'm playing as Canada and I've liberated the Netherlands and Belgium with the help of USA. Now we're starting to lose territory again and the UK has a massve, and I mean MASSIVE army sitting in Portsmouth not helping? I've requested they attack and defend near the frontline but they're not moving. I really hate the AI in this game.

IMO having 3 MNT per division is the most effective choise. On a 10 Frontage battle you can send the same amount of brigades in the fight as with 4 brigades per division. Smaller divisions will help to cover a bigger area.

Five MTN per Division is the most effective, since you can then use 15 Regiments (three Divisions) on a single-province (10 frontage) attack.

2 quick questions: I am in my first FTM game, playing as USA.

1. How can you direct a puppet what to do? I puppeted Thailand. Do I have any ability to direct their miltary forces.
2. How to get Japan to surrender? I landed on the home Islands and after a bit they surrendered the whole of the home islands, while not surrounding outer Islands, korea, manchuria, etc.

So, nationalist china conquers manchuria and korea. I conquer Thailand and every jap island with a victory point.

Still, their are random jap ships about. I guess they just chose to fight to the last man?

1. How can you direct a puppet what to do? I puppeted Thailand. Do I have any ability to direct their miltary forces.
2. How to get Japan to surrender? I landed on the home Islands and after a bit they surrendered the whole of the home islands, while not surrounding outer Islands, korea, manchuria, etc.

So, nationalist china conquers manchuria and korea. I conquer Thailand and every jap island with a victory point.

Still, their are random jap ships about. I guess they just chose to fight to the last man?

1. You can't.
2. Japan is probably a government in exile, which means you'll have to pick off their territory and units outside of their home territory one at a time.

OK thanks.... but apparetly you can ask allies for help? seems to me that puppeting is a bad way to go if you can ask them for help or direct units.

next question: can anyone point me to a "teach me like I am five years old" post on unit frontage?

next question: can anyone point me to a "teach me like I am five years old" post on unit frontage?

This one?

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...n-Question&p=13690567&viewfull=1#post13690567

EDIT: From the post of mine linked above, you can extract a formula:

#_of_Divisions_to_use = 1 + integer( ( 1 + #_of_attack_directions ) x 5 / Division_width )

... for Divisions of uniform width (all the same). In the above formula, integer(x) just means "drop any fraction, don't round up"... so integer (3.95) would equal 3, not 4.

Examples:

For a converging attack from three directions using INFx3/ARTx1 (width 3), the formula would be:

#_of_Divisions_to_use = 1 + integer( ( 1 + 3 ) x 5 / 3 ) = 7 Divisions

For a single-axis attack (from province A to province B) using INFx2/ARTx2 (width 2), the formula would be:

#_of_Divisions_to_use = 1 + integer( ( 1 + 1 ) x 5 / 2 ) = 6 Divisions

Last edited:
Which country are you playing ? As Germany if you're out of MP, you've build too many INF divisions. Build more Armor / Mot / Mech / Air / Art and don't fight an attrition war against USSR. Combat medecine and first aid will help you too.

Is there a way to return cores to an ally ?
How does the hard on soft bonus work ?

How does the hard on soft bonus work ?

Units harder than 50% do an extra +20% ORG damage (average roll 3 instead of average roll 2.5) to units softer than 50%.

LAND_COMBAT_ORG_DICE_SIZE = 4,
LAND_COMBAT_STR_DICE_SIZE = 2,
LAND_COMBAT_STR_ARMOR_ON_SOFT_DICE_SIZE = 2,
LAND_COMBAT_ORG_ARMOR_ON_SOFT_DICE_SIZE = 5,