• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does air attack against ground units damage org, or only strength?

Besides focusing on moving units, what's the difference between interdiction and ground attack? Does interdiction actually slow units down?

Yes both.

That's it, Interdiction chooses to target moving targets first, while ground attack tries to target static ground units first, but if they can't find the variety they are after then they hit the other and both do the the same damage as the other to their targets, no special slowing down of movement difference between them and the only consideration to how effective either mission is is any difference in their respective mission efficiencies that are researched in the Air Doctrines Tech tab page. Bear in mind that the AI only performs Ground Attack bombing missions AFAIK, so if you employ the AI to control your airforce then only bother with researching the Ground Attack mission efficiency one.

In an earlier post someone mentioned a coup.

What exactly is it, and how do I do it?

For instance as Germany my spies have been working away at 'support our party' in the US. The German bund is now the most popular party.. is a coup possible here?

Or should I aim smaller?

Question:
When will this thread reach 100 pages?

In an earlier post someone mentioned a coup.

What exactly is it, and how do I do it?

For instance as Germany my spies have been working away at 'support our party' in the US. The German bund is now the most popular party.. is a coup possible here?

Or should I aim smaller?

Coups are part of FTM. They technically can happen in SF, but it's rare, and as far as I know you have no control over it.

My question this time is: is it normal that my fleet of updated '44 5 carrier 5 CL fleet is engaged by an US one composed of over 100 ships, positioning of mine 80 or something, theirs of 10 ends with me losing all cags org and strenght, 1 carrier and that huge fleet losing nothing??? Thanks for reply (best if with a brief explanation of why...)

Is there any to export the in-game log to a TXT file? It would make things much more efficient for AAR purposes (and is there a similar procedure for other PI games, in particular Vicky 2 and EU 3?)

My question this time is: is it normal that my fleet of updated '44 5 carrier 5 CL fleet is engaged by an US one composed of over 100 ships, positioning of mine 80 or something, theirs of 10 ends with me losing all cags org and strenght, 1 carrier and that huge fleet losing nothing??? Thanks for reply (best if with a brief explanation of why...)

Serach threads with "monster fleet" and you will find a couple of threads discussins this issue.

doesn't the game already do that according to your message settings?

It doesn't at present. Maybe I need to change something in the settings?

EDIT: Maybe I'm just missing where the log outputs, but there's nothing I can fix in game.

Last edited:
Okay. Thanks!

I must still be missing something, because I've yet to see a log file, out of the game, that I could perhaps copy from. I go into Hearts of Iron III\logs, but they're all empty except for the system and start up logs.

What are the features of a well organised OOB?

I'm not sure what you want to know. IMO Army Groups are the most important part of the OOB, since they reduce the supply consumption. They should have a high skilled leader. Ships and planes should be attached to an AG too, not directly to the Theater.

How do you redefine Theaters? I thought there was a button but I can't find it. I have FTM.

Change your map to theater mode then select the Theater you want to change. Above the unit list, there's a button wich allows you to assign new provinces to your theater.

I'm not sure what you want to know. IMO Army Groups are the most important part of the OOB, since they reduce the supply consumption. They should have a high skilled leader. Ships and planes should be attached to an AG too, not directly to the Theater.

Change your map to theater mode then select the Theater you want to change. Above the unit list, there's a button wich allows you to assign new provinces to your theater.

Sorry. Guess my question was unclear. I know how to edit the boundaries of a theater. I thought there was someway to create a new theater (ex. Egypt and North Africa for Germany) and I thought it was the "define theater" button somewhere.

How do aircraft carriers work? Can you just have a carrier and some cruisers go intercept around an area or do you personally need to control them and their planes? Do the planes automatically launch when your carrier navy intercepts something?

aircraft auto attack within range. you can give orders to the CV task force for Patrol and
where to patrol and they will move around that area looking for trouble!