• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can someone explain the "This deal is better than they expect, and if they refuse, it will cause great turmoil" thing to me, and how it works? I'm more than a bit puzzled after fighting that Indian faction that starts with a V, smashing them, having a warscore above 70%.... and they won't give up two provinces that combine for 10%. It's utterly bizarre, and I've never seen anything like this before.

Can someone explain the "This deal is better than they expect, and if they refuse, it will cause great turmoil" thing to me, and how it works? I'm more than a bit puzzled after fighting that Indian faction that starts with a V, smashing them, having a warscore above 70%.... and they won't give up two provinces that combine for 10%. It's utterly bizarre, and I've never seen anything like this before.

The better than they expect thing, as long as it shows up, gives them a -1 stability upon their denial of a peace offer. At -3 stability, the game forces them to accept any peace offer that falls within "this will cause great turmoil within their country" range. However, they will likely accept before that, as lower stability makes the AI reconsider its position. This is a good way to abuse a more powerful country that you can't completely remove the threat of in one war. Keep their stability low for awhile, wait for the rebels to pop up, then make peace. The rebels should take care of the rest for you.

Last edited:
Are buildings only destroyed if you yourself conquer the province, or do the AI nations destroy buildings when they take non-cores? How about if you force a nation to release another nation in a peace settlement?

I'm currently playing a game with the Teutonic Order. I had a truce with the emperor (Bohemia). I attacked another country with the subjugation casus belli with the thought that Bohemia would not interfere since we had a truce. But Bohemia did interfere and did not take the -5 stab hit! How is that possible? If I now try to make my allies enter the battle they will most likely refuse since it would give them a -5 stab hit. Can the emperor somehow avoid this stab hit?

Someone can explain? You getting 10% technology cost per province until you reach 8 provinces and 2.5% for every next?

Pretty much. Your tech costs for having 8 provinces are 100% greater than just having one. From that point on they increase by 2.5% base cost per province.

Does anyone else know if there is a way to regain your East Indian trade company after the Unprofitable Trade event fires? I lost the colony to natives, and lost the trade route. Now I have a bunch of well established ones, but the descion is gone.

Oh, and barring a way, anyone know a way to cheat it in? :) I refuse to let the fact that I lost a stupid colony to natives ruin my trading empire (Was super unlucky with the MTTH too. Fired like 2 months afer I lost it.)

Quick Question, not sure if its a bug or if Im doing something wrong, Playing as Athen's GC, around 1446.. Have Tech for New World to recuit explorers and put up as an Idea as well, 100% Naval Tradition but All the recuit buttons are greyed out; Admiral, explorer, General and Conquistador.. Whats Wrong ?

@ Kerschey - I think it applies to everyone, AI included. And since the revolting nation always has cores in the region, it should mantain the buildings.
@ Brasem I'm not sure, but maybe Bohemia got an automatic Call to Arms to defend the HRE member because it is the Emperor.

Quick Question, not sure if its a bug or if Im doing something wrong, Playing as Athen's GC, around 1446.. Have Tech for New World to recuit explorers and put up as an Idea as well, 100% Naval Tradition but All the recuit buttons are greyed out; Admiral, explorer, General and Conquistador.. Whats Wrong ?
Either lack of money or diplomats/colonists. Explorer/conquistador use a colonist each, while Admiral and General use diplomats.

How are you on cash and military/navy tradition?

Also, are you playing with historical or event leaders? You can never create leaders if that's the case.