• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Another Armageddon AAR ?

That's 4. Did I start a trend with mine or something ?

But on a sidenote I think you updated too quickly, we barely didn't get time to comment, and it was over too quickly too...
I don't mean to criticize you, it's just to make the AAR more enjoyable for the readers:)
Read faster?:p

I had alot of time available and you're right about updating to fast. I was also ina hurry to finish it. Here the internet is capped and we had a fault a few weeks ago and we had unlimited uploading and I wasn't working and I start uni on Ja5th so I was trying to do as much as I could as fast as I could.

I'm still workng on what sort of pace to put into an AAR as I didn't cover every move I made (or even close to it). I could have padded out Barbarossa or USA invasion but after the ionitial breakthroughs there wasn't alot to write about really. After I encircled everything Stalingrad fell without resistence and the Panzers got to Sverdlosk IIRC without encountering a single division. USA collapsed as well. You essentially win the game at Sealion as the extras IC you've captured gives you enough to rearm and upgrade in time for Barbarossa (1941 inf, tanks, build motorised inf etc, SPA on everything relevent, expand the Luftwaffe etc)

I always have 1-3 corp of pure armor just for the sheer speed with the other Panzer corps with mot inf and (later) mech infantry. I have SPA on all tanks, mot inf, mech inf, marines and engineers on mountaineers and thats the only non naval brigades I built. Speed speed speed:) This strategy seems alot faster than a traditional erman game as your opponents fall very quickly and you have alot less divisiosn to keep track of. In early games of this I only had about 100 divisions all up by Danzig or war but I've gotten better with build orders and bouncing around the production orders.

Last edited:
Germany sttod triumphant over the Allies and was at peace again. After the fall of the United Kingdomm and the USA the Begians, Australia, Netherlands, New Zealand and and South Africans were mopped up. Tiny Yemen managed to revolt but was crushed.

Raeder sttod triumphant over the Allies and Comintern. He thought a military review of the greatest navy the world had ever seen was in order. 12 aircraft carriers, 36 Bismarck class battleships, 1 Super Bismarck and numerous smaller ships.

ScreenSave69.jpg

A few months later he realised it was time to dismantle the empire. Revolts in Australia, Canada, and the USA were troublesome. It was proving most difficult to hild the world down. Also he had atter of a few ex Nazis to deal with. The Fuhrer had outlived his usefulness. If the rest of the world got to enjoy democracy why shouldn't Germany. A few trials were rapidly organised and several death sentences were carried out.

Time for a new Germany. Armed to the teeth but what you gonna do?
ScreenSave75.jpg

Hitler????? What Hitler. He had a fatal accident, but such is life.

Wilhelm III is a democrat apparently. I used the Freedom cheat at the end of the game to get rid of Hitler and Raeder retired.

I usually focus heavily on the Kriegsmarine when playing '36 as Germany (even though I do focus a bit on the Luftwaffe and Wehrmacht as well). My massive Kriegsmarine fleet (Raeder's Guard Fleet & Albrecht's Memorial Guard Fleet - because he "died" 38.) By 1943 Peter Strasser (most successful German warship in my game) sank the majority of Germany's naval kills (about fifty total - including three American and one British battleships, four aircraft carriers, TONS of destroyers and cruisers, and two battlecruisers).