• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
† Sir blsteen †
Probably not. Batelli's master stroke saved the day, twisting the facts just enough. It's hard to say whether Milan can continue it's run of luck with the outside world. I mean sooner or later someone is going to wake up and realize they couldn't possibly be as big as they are without doing something wrong... ;)

† Sir OrangeYoshi †
The fact you made it to the end is enough for me...:D Now back to some pictures. Those are easy compared to that...

† Sir Malurous †
I thank you sir, but lack of repartee or or witty reply has my spidey senses tingling...
Perhaps you need a drink to help with the dryness...? (The Prince did send two cases this time, I have extra...)

† Sir Ahriman †
Alas, I could not resist. The setup was just too perfect. But I am glad you were able to forgive. :cool:
Denmark got more than a goat, they got Finland...!
Where did this court come from...? My head. Fictional as all get out.
But this is alternative history...
It struck me as a decent representation of the times when the church was power, but not all powerful, and states and nations were beginning to exert more force and power upon their smaller brethren and all that...
Guyenne will be an oddity, but a fun one I hope.
You have not long to wait for the vision of decimated Ottoman...

† Sir Enewald †
Maybe... I don't think I'll see the minus 6 BB again, but the generic STAB or prestige should still pop every once in awhile.
I won't complain though, it was nearly a BB free Sicily when you think about it...

Next update in a bit.

Time for breakfast and coffee.

And then the fate of the Ottomans... In living color...!

T

I thank you sir, but lack of repartee or or witty reply has my spidey senses tingling...

Well, there's just less that you can really point a finger at in that type of update... Besides, no real gameplay to comment apart from one event.

Milan's Greatest iplomat strikes back, with a bit of help from Messr Bateli. Not so long ago he was responsible for a terrible misdeed that earned the republic weak diplomacy.

Upon Milan's shoulders has fallen the Roman mantle. All that Rome was and territory she possessed is Milan's as of right. These Ottomans do not own the provinces they will return to Milan, they are merely illegal occupiers of the land.

Guyenne must have really ticked you off for you to turn them into France. A fate worse than death. Better by far to remove France from the map all together.

Thanks for explaining why Sweden keeps going bankrupt.

If you do something wrong, as a country, you don't get that big!

† Sir Malurous †
Ahh... I understand. Maybe... :D It's always interesting to see how the different styles work (or don't). I have difficulty maintaining just one...

Chief Ragusa
The Roman Mantle may have fallen on Milan's shoulders, but I dare say we have removed it of our own accord. Whereas Rome went into Europe, West and North to Briton and the Isle, Milan has another calling, East, to the lands of chinaware and tea and spices.

I think it would be fascinating to see a "France" the color of Guyenne blossom in the power vacuum that is Western Europe. Already France, Castille and Portugal are taking steps to fill the void. Truth be told I'd not like to see any of them succeed. To see a Guyenne France and Granada Castille would be a heck of a show, don't you think...?

"If you do something wrong, as a country, you don't get that big! "

You don't get that big doing everything right either... ;)

After a nice breakfast and some light reading over in Tim-O's Milan AAR it's time to post again.

Next update in 3...2...1...

Note: The pics in this chapter are a throwback to my first AAR and are a bit large... It may take a bit to load them.

Chapter 34: Now we know why it's called an Ottoman...​

Upon the sea and upon the sand
Upon the blood, this taken land

Upon the men, upon their might
Upon the hope I live this fight

Upon the day that it is over
Upon the glory shine forever

Upon the field do all I can
To raise the standard of Milan...!

An example of a Milan soldier's song, sung going into battle, circa 1500

The armies of Milan are marching Eastward through the land of the Ottoman.
Though many have lost their lives, it is a better day than most, and any man with any sort of experience in the game of death knows it.

Rare is war where the news of the day is of the good sort more than bad, and today proves to be no exception...:

PR_770.jpg

Indeed, before the month is out, Burgas also falls to the siegers of Milan.

Not only the armies, but the Navies of Milan have been successful at eliminating all opposition, and we rule the seas.
Our ships sail unfettered wherever the sea and necessity take them.

The battle in Palermo proceeds as it has for months now.
Back and forth, back and forth. Each battle bringing us closer to victory.

The same cannot be said for the land of the Turk, where provinces fall like leaves from the trees in autumn...:

PR_771.jpg

Within a week of Angora, Sivas falls to our war machines.
The Milanese soldiers in Palermo hit again, and by November eliminate the Sicilian Army.
The forces of Milan then hunker down, to begin the siege.
Every man prays it is done quickly.
Winter is not the time to be camped outside anywhere, but to be home by the fire with family and friends.

Candar is vanquished with the fall of Sinope.

Not two days later, the fall of Konya...:

PR_772.jpg

The last Ottoman troops are dealt with in Erserum, as the last province bearing the Ottoman Standard is besieged.

Upon the new year, the heretics of Janina are brought into the Catholic faith.
There are few missionaries working these days.
Rumblings from the Capitol whisper of religious changes coming to Milan.
The uncertainty keeps many who would spread the faith at home, or on pilgrimage to the Holy Lands of New Rome to the north, fearing for their safety.

A change is made in the advisor pool, as a new star, well 5 new stars arise to replace 4...:

PR_773.jpg

He allows for a few more men under FL, and cuts my military spending by a ducat and a half a month.
Not much, but enough.
Especially given the cost I'd be incurring as I would be over my FL already and paying the extra...

March 26th sees the siege of Antalya complete, followed within the week by...:

PR_774.jpg

Nearly there now.

In fact nearer than I'd thought...:

PR_775.jpg

The peace accords quickly follow.
Sinope is taken from Candar, leaving me a cored, wrong religion OPM that will be low BB to absorb.

The Ottomans don't fare quite so well...:

PR_776.jpg

Time to take a minute and smile.

To reminisce over all the battles fought against the green giant in days gone by.

I salute you Ottoman Empire.

Though the smile I wear at thy demise is wide...:

PR_777.jpg

As an added bonus, I get 148 ducats from the war leader Baluchistan...
I can barely see their capitol, and they have lost nothing but friends.
Yet they pay... Surely the definition of terror.

A one star army organizer appears.
Really...?
The "greatest" nation on Earth needs you...?
Puh-leeze...

The Nobility is concerned about loss of privileges...
What Nobility...? This is a Republic.
We have no Nobles.
Note to self, make up new "noble license".
Allow anyone with the means to buy one, so all these events will make sense.

Oh, I took the lose 5 army tradition.
Never a good time to lose STAB. Might need it for a DoW.

Oh, a TWO star sheriff.
Come right in.
Get right out.
Do the Hokey Pokey...
And get the heck out a my town ya friggin' loser.

Finally, something to do...:

PR_778.jpg

Well OK, stop doing.

A quick check of status after the other peace accords:

PR_779.jpg

Plenty of room at the Bad Boy Inn.

So, a quick proposal and...:

PR_780.jpg

Princess avenged.

What...?
No, I'm keeping it.
Naples has to pay for that little war somehow...

And believe you me, it was worth every penny...:

PR_781.jpg

Poor Austria. Can't rescue Ragusa.
I wish they would, but they refuse to accept access, and they refuse to ask for it.

Idiots.

PR_782.jpg

And no, I haven't forgiven Guyenne yet.

And did you notice...? Poland and Hungary are at war again...

Our BB now sits at a healthy 16.84 with the same 1.45 (1.2 actual) burn a month.
At that rate it'll be a little while till we get back to acceptable levels.

And Sweden went bankrupt again.

We have another religious conversion event...:

PR_783.jpg

That makes the score PRO 2, REF 0.

It's mostly just Rebel cleanups interspersed with a few random minor things.
Every once in awhile, something interesting pops up.

Something like this for instance...:

PR_784.jpg

Good old Castille.
Got you as an ally, got you your provinces back.
It's not my fault you settled for 100d instead.
Saved you from French domination.
Now you go and do something like this.
Poor, foolish Castille.

There will come a day you wish you hadn't done that...

We pop Trade Tech level 16, followed quickly by...:

PR_785.jpg

Ooh. Not looking good for Reformed as the score is now 3 zip in favor of the PRO movement.

Production becomes the new tech of choice...:

PR_786.jpg

Looks like I'll have to bump Naval a bit soon...

You may notice I'm looking around down to the south on the coast of old Africa.
It seems Portugal wasn't too successful with their Rebel Containment Protocols.
I have a few sticks in the fire around here.
I figure if I have to keep going, and I have to take this junk, the time to do it will be while Greek and Turkish are gestating.
If I take provinces, most will be odd culture and low tax base, so they won't throw off the equations too much.
That's if I can get a break and get a nice in without incurring the wrath of Portugal or Castille.
Both of them have this area staked out for them selves with sticks of their own...

Speaking of Castille, she pops me with spy ring infiltration...
The bugger is really getting brave.
Actually, she just has a huge advantage over me.
The same thing from my end has a whopping 18% success rate.

In response to their meddling ways, we cancel the military access Castille had through our lands.
If it's going to get ugly, lets get it ugly.

They proceed to sponsor rebels in Roussillon again.
Having learned from the previous attempt, I have men stationed there, and it's a quick 1-2-out.

Courthouses and workshops and temples and level two forts continue to be built wherever I can put them.
In June, Angora and Sinope have workshops complete, and Konya, Antalya and Corfu get their courthouses.

In September, Sweden goes bankrupt again and Prussia comes unglued.
Sweden is really getting on my nerves.
Usually by now, especially with two reloads, she'd either have recovered or been taken.
So far neither. Looks like some personal intervention may be in order.

By the end of the year, Hungary can take it no longer. She falls apart popping Bosnia and Wallachia..:

PR_787.jpg

This makes for some nice buffers between me and Poland.
I should have a few years where I'll have some warning should anyone come marching in.
If I was looking to expand that way, they are perfect DoW machines...
But alas, they're too far North for our needs.
Hungary is now a TPM, and probably not long for this world...

It's another hit for Protestant on New Year's Eve...:

PR_788.jpg

That makes the score 4-0.
Reformed is going to have to make some serious headway to catch up.
I am also going to have to decide soon...
I can only carry so many off Catholic provinces before the budget starts feeling the effects.

We hit a bit of snag after this...
During the next year, 1521, I had done pretty well.
Really well actually.
We got some great events, I got into a war and was doing quite nicely...

And then we hit November, and the game crashed to desktop.

Boom...

Ouch...

Done...

Is Kaput...

So I had to restart 1521 from the last auto save.
I hate doing it, but it's that or end the game, and I'm not going there.

Upon restart, nothing happened.
Where as before wonderful things had happened, now there was silence.
The month of January had spent all it's magic.
No good events.
No War call.
No nothing but cold crickets chirping for warmth in the cold winter nights.
(They were indoor crickets, and the king was mighty ticked no one could find them...)

On February first, we finally got a few things going on, but nothing like the blown year...:

PR_789.jpg

A navigator...? Come on. Really...?

Ugh.

I was so bummed at this point.
It was one of those really good years, you know...?
Now it was "just another one of" those years.

Oh well, thems the breaks.
Yeah I'm bummed.
But that just means I can get a little ornery.
The game owes me one.
If it had been the other way around I'd be happy...
So I need to be when it goes against me too.
I just have to find my own opportunity...

At least we got to see the Ottomans taken down ten pegs or so.
It's always nice to see that last little bit of green surrounded by your nation of choice.

Till next time...!

T

Yum, nice Turkish provinces! Not only Dulkadir stands in the way of a land connection to the Holy land.

Come on Protestantism! It'd be nice if a few Italian provinces converted before we switch.

That's a hilarious collapse by Hungary. It's nice to see a Balkanised Balkans :D

Sad to hear about the crash. It seems the universe is not cooperating with the expansion of the glorious Milanese Republic. Maybe it should recieve your next DOW ;)

† Sir blsteen †
Actually, I decided to recreate the situation I was in, though it wasn't exactly the same... I decided in an effort to protect the recently acquired culture provinces I would take baggage on... I'll have to anyway, and with the run away success recently I thought a little boat anchor was appropriate... :D

† Sir quicksabre †
Almost. Dulkadir wasn't on the menu before, and they have a plethora of allies and guarantors. Do DoW them will involve half the Middle East easily. I'm not quite ready for that... If I didn't have the TI to worry about I might try it, but that's really the thing holding us back. One caveat, the Mams are involved with any of the small nations in the area, so anyone we go after will involve Alexandria.

So far Pro is wiping the dance floor with Reformed. As I said before, I'm stalling as long as I can, but it doesn't look good for the "other white meet"...

I have no idea how long it will take to convert everything. If I can swing an advisor to help, maybe I'll pull the trigger. I figure I can lose 5 or 6 more provinces before I have to decide which way to go... Although if the provinces that turn stay on the low end of the economic ladder, I can afford 15 or so to switch, but so far it's been all high rollers. The budget is the key. If I can afford to let it slide, I let it slide. You're only going to spend the money on missionaries to try and turn them back anyways, so either way the money's gone, if not doubly so because of the wrong religion and supporting the missionary. Unless you really want to stay Catholic, why lose the money and go through the 8% hike in RR when you can just hold on for a bit...?

Once in motion, I stop everything and hammer the changes. It's all up to the random generator then. I've converted a 30 province empire in as little as 2 years with an NI and an advisor. Had it take 20 years too with a stubborn province or six.

If all goes well, set back maybe a year or two. That's the nice thing about the ahead in tech situation. I have a good 7 or 8 years I can burn and still come out the other side with parity.

The one disadvantage is nations like Castille that are nearly done converting. I'll have to be very careful around them for awhile...

† Sir Ahriman †
The connection will come, but not right away. I have another issue first.

In the crashed save, Treviso and Thrace popped PRO. It was a nice start to turning from the center out with Treviso, which is far preferable for me. Now it's more from North to South... Who knows, any free turn is a good turn, especially if it's the right turn. If REF doesn't get in the game soon, it won't matter, all of them will be the right turns.

Hungary has looked like the Keystone Kops all game. I think it's safe to assume they aren't a lucky nation... :p

I think if I DoWed the game it would resurrect the Ottomans in Gibraltar and they'd go on to take the entire Iberian peninsula, then France. :eek:

† Sir Enewald †
I'd say you be drinking again... :D
Actually, I wouldn't mind, but it would serve to eliminate any chance of accepted cultures if I took anything.
Instead, I have some baggage to claim while I look into funding Granada and Guyenne against their bigger brothers...

T

True, had Milan done everything right, Milan would be bigger.

You've other fish to fry before tackling the Mamluks. Taking down Portugal some more. Taking Mroea apart. Finishing off the Ottomans and Candar. Attacking Castille, whilst different faiths and break them up a bit. Breaking France into a few more pieces.

The Princess obviously married a Milanese noble. You are a Noble Republic, so what are the nobles complaining about. These protesting nobles are in the forefront of Milan'religious change.

True, had Milan done everything right, Milan would be bigger.
I think you may have misunderstood the line...
Aside from there is no "right", what I meant was sometimes you have to be bad. As in evil(ish).
You can't always play holier than Pope and expect to get anywhere.

As for "right" as "correct", as in whether Milan would be "better"...
Bigger isn't better.
WC is OK, but it isn't the definition of the right/only way to play or the right/only goal to have.
It's simply "a" way to play.

It's not the objective here at all, where major powers are purposely being ignored (Great Britain for example) to allow for a harder end game.
As I said before... If this were a WC, alot of things would have been done differently.

You've other fish to fry before tackling the Mamluks. Taking down Portugal some more. Taking Mroea apart. Finishing off the Ottomans and Candar. Attacking Castille, whilst different faiths and break them up a bit. Breaking France into a few more pieces.

Portugal is no threat, and will likely be eaten by another AI.
Morea, check. Only one province left.
The Otts and Candar, Check and Check.
Candar is... Well it's in the next update. ;)
A little Rebel instigation on the Bulgarian side of the world to remove that province from Ottoman possession...
Make the Otts move their capitol in the next war...
Or if I'm lucky someone will OPM them or take them totally, saving me some BB and allowing a new target to emerge.
Or if I'm extremely lucky, I get all that AND a core event on their capitol... :D

Castille will be left alone to fester.
I will coax Granada into trying to wipe her out.
If that's not successful, we will meet later on in history...

The Princess obviously married a Milanese noble. You are a Noble Republic, so what are the nobles complaining about. These protesting nobles are in the forefront of Milan'religious change.

We are a Noble Republic because we are a Noble Nation, as in "pure and virtuous". (or is that virtual-ous...?)

The game can say what it wants too, but we have no "Nobles" here.
And in one more tech level, we no longer be a Noble anything...
Reality is as we decide it to be, regardless of the game localisation file... ;)

Update in 3...2...1...

Chapter 35: Pete and Ree Pete Were In A Boat...​

Pete fell out.

Who was left...?

________.

Pete and Ree Pete were in a boat...

Pete fell out.

Who was left...?

Ree Pete...

On the playground as a child, I marveled at those who would answer this twenty times and not get it.
They would get so mad...
"Why do you keep saying it...!?!?"

Almost as much fun as the proverbial "Watch ya eatin' under there...?"
To which the reply comes... "Under where...?"
"Ewww... You're eating underwear...?"

But Sir-ly I jest, and this has nothing to do with our story, except in the fact that we hit a speed bump last time around.
The year 1521 "skipped". When a record skips, it goes back to the place the skip started.

Well, so will I.

It took a minute or ten staring at the pics to remember what I was after, and I think it'll become very clear to you, just as it did me, once you start looking at the fine print.

The fact is, I need to have the coast of North Africa for the Med Empire.
It's part of the "to do" list. Always has been.
The problem is this...
Those provinces on the coast, and to the left are OK. Mellila, Tangiers, Ceuta...
Can't really go wrong with those.
After that however, the value falls exponentially.
Tlemcan is OK, but by the time you hit anything that isn't a capitol from there, you're lucky to hit a base tax of 3, 4 with a workshop.
There's just not alot of primo real estate around there.

So far, we've been limiting our intake to high protein, high energy, healthy provinces, with the exception of a few to the east.

Now I'm faced with a dilemma.
I can sit around for 50 years and wait for the Greek and the Turkish to core and see what happens.

Or...

I can continue with the program by introducing all of these low voltage baggage claims I'll have to take on now, where the bottom line tax dollars will be minimal.

If Greek or Turkish want to come aboard, they'll have minimal to overcome.
Plus, there's an added bonus... IF we order now...

So, war with Algeria, and her allies, was declared.
Now, because of the glitch, we don't have the actual footage.
The super quick sieges, the events that fired.

But we do have this History Channel dramatic recreation...

So, To War...!

Firstly, we find ourselves with a "rather bad" reputation.

PR_790.jpg

As we gaze over the desert, we think one last time of how nice it would be, and how easy without all this baggage.

But where's the fun in success when everything is easy...

So, a DoW is made to 'recreate' the situation as it was.
Well, to start to recreate it anyways...:

PR_791.jpg

The usual suspects join in...
And I find myself once again traipsing through the desert.

Oh, what's that you say...?
What's that "special bonus" I was referring too...?

Let's see if you can spot it...:

PR_792.jpg

Here's why I DoW'd in the first place. Has to be.
I'm a sap and all that, but if there's one place I don't get all teary eyed for, it's North Africa.
Bane of new (and old) players everywhere, it should have a huge rope across the shore with "Do Not Enter" signs all the way across it.
Take the 4 decent provinces in the Northwest corner, maybe the coast to Sus if you want the gold, but that's it.
The rest is sand and tropical.
It isn't until you get around the horn to the Eastern side, where you can find some gold provinces that aren't labeled tropical that Africa becomes a place to be again.

But to get my beloved Candar core, and be within 3 provinces of fulfilling the Med mandate...
To have three OPM's that are prime candidates for take over...
That is something I can live with.

Our first action is basically the last.
Seriously, this IS the war...:

PR_793.jpg

Well, other than sieges.
Big whoop watching guys stand around.
And that cannon sound gets on my nerves after awhile...

From the "Just in case you don't believe me" department:

PR_794.jpg

That didn't take long.
Apparently the month was waiting for the memo from the other two countries that said "Armies...? What Armies...?

The prize is claimed first...:

PR_795.jpg

A quick check of BB is 15.20, and we go annexing...

It's not like they can say no...:

PR_796.jpg

It costs us 1.5 BB for the deal, so we now have a healthy 16.70.

A little later and the first province on North Africa joins the list.

Oh, and Sweden celebrates by... Well, heck, see for yourself...:

PR_797.jpg

I think I'll actually miss the running jokes that are bankrupt nations.
I don't know why. It's silly. It's a little stupid.
But I'll miss them just the same.
Maybe it's a good thing there's such an epic fail in this last game.
At least it went out with a bang.

I'm being routinely competed out of my monopolies...
I send one merchant to each one once in awhile.
The first one they don't mind so much, but the second one ticks the AI off.
I don't think compete chance or TE even has anything to do with it anymore.
It used to be if you could hold the % numbers, you could hold the monopoly.
Now it seems the AI just SPAM you with Merchants till it breaks.
It's rather silly really.
There's a bunch of other, higher value CoTs out there, but you can't help wasting money and merchants screwing with my markets.
Just roll your eyes and wonder what Mercantile is supposed to mean now besides a name on a slider.

On to more important things I guess.

Things like this...:

PR_798.jpg

Another PRO province makes the official tally five zip.
It's a high rent district too.
Nice thing is it's up north, so I'm getting a decent block of provinces going.

Algiers is nearly 100% under the gun, and I'm again "rolling in talent"...:

PR_799.jpg

Please, choose "elsewhere". Water into wine has a better chance of occurring than me hiring you.

Al-Djazair, or "mooky" for short, falls in November.

I say a quick prayer that whatever spiked the CTD doesn't reoccur this November...

It doesn't. But I do forget to pull my patrols in and one gets sunk.

Castille is again bugging me for Military access.
I laugh in their collective faces. That'll be the day.
The day you get access is the day you become a vassal.

My "Armada" swoops in and removes the offensive Algerian Naval contingent making the seas safe once again.
A cheesy glint of a star rings off the captains teeth as he smiles, sailing by the docks, the envy of all...

Six people working that day.

More to ooh and ahh over...:

PR_800.jpg

Rolling in talent I tell ya...

Ooh. The game heard me. A level one Privateer just showed up.
He can't be all good...
His ship is in my moat...

OK then... The news just keeps getting better...:

PR_801.jpg

Nothing like a little loss of moral to cheer you up in the morning.
That event used to make sense to me. Now it doesn't.
Does that mean I'm getting old...?

Hey...! The siege of Biskra is done...!

Hey...! Courthouse is done in Sinope, Angora and Achaea...!

Hey...! Naval Tech 13...!

Hey...! A revolt in Sivas...!

Hey...! The siege at Aures is won...!

Hey...:

PR_802.jpg

That's actually really good news. They were rather large out there...

Things are definitely not looking good...:

PR_803.jpg

For Reformed. PRO leads six nothing.

Well, let's see...
Rebels
Pirates
Rebels
Insta clear Tunisian pop up
Pirates
Tell Guyenne to kiss my anatomy
Pirates
Level One Sheriff...
Pirates
Rebels
Laugh at Castille asking for access again
Level One Diplomat...

We take Constantine May 28th, and..:

PR_804.jpg

Algiers is done.

Sweden celebrates by going bankrupt.

Milan celebrates by watching another general die.

Then Milan REALLY celebrates...:

PR_805.jpg

Ouch.

No really.

Ouch...!

This throws alot under the bus.

With the "superb talent" that's been auditioning lately, I waste no time...:

PR_806.jpg

I haven't used one in a long time, and I rarely use the focused option.

But this is a desperate time.

I can't afford to be without a decent Diplomat right now.

Gabes falls as Tunisia's first offering to the war gods of Milan.

Somewhere in France, it's enough to justify a softening of their stance, and they finally lift their trade embargo.

Without my Diplomat, It's a somewhat OK -0.85 (-0.70 actual) reduction of BB. Still hanging out at 15.02, it's not nearly enough.

Tunis falls in August.

France gets religious disorder and I turn away a 4 star High Judge shortly after doing the same with the lowly offerings one star Alderman and lone star Commandant.

Ooh. A so so Artist... Nah.

Oh great... More "good" news...:

PR_807.jpg

In November, Croatia forms in Ragusa. Thank you Austrian Idiots. Next time I offer right of passage, perhaps you ought to at least consider it.

We declined an average Spymaster.

It seems no matter what I do the game keeps calling me Northward...:

PR_808.jpg

At least it's a decent province.

I turn down a good (4 star) commandant.
If I still had my Diplomat I'd take him.
He's a handy fellow to have when warring.
As it is, it costs me to turn him away.

But then, out of left field...:

PR_809.jpg

Yes..!
Sweetness.
Salvation.
Yippee and all that.
Thank you.

Hired. Immediately.

Duh.

So, with the BB picture suddenly clearer...
And the war in North Africa proceeding according to plan...
And a shiny new core in the North...
And France playing nice(r) guy...

Things are looking up.

One final update to go and then...?

T

Portugal and Ottomans - Nope there's no ai to do your dirty work for you. Very neat get of Candar.

PRO fires well before REF. Once REF gets going ...

You had a trade embargo from France and let it slide? That's just bad.

After their hard sandy work in the north african desert, Milanese soldiers deserve an ice cold beer in Alexandria. Bring on the Mamluks.

Last edited:
Well, let's see...
Rebels Pirates Rebels Insta clear Tunisian pop up Pirates Tell Guyenne to kiss my anatomy Pirates Level One Sheriff...Pirates Rebels Laugh at Castille asking for access again Level One Diplomat...

Sheer awesomeness.
Yes, as Sir Enewald says, nice diplomat.

Again, some very nice progress. I like how quickly the Otts went down. Very rewarding.

Again, got back after a weekend away (this whole cover identity thing may have gone a bit far, methinks), so no time to do a full comment. Perhaps tomorrow.

Incidentally, I used the, "What are you eating under there?" joke tonight with a friend. Rewarding out of proportion with its actualy humour value. :p

Nice war to snag Candar, it would have been annoying if they'd dishonoured the alliance wouldn't it? :D I'll be interested to see how the peace deal with the Algerians ends up.

The true faith marches on I see, let's hope for some Italian conversions soon. Has anyone gone Reformed?

The Sweedish economic miracle continues :rofl: Going bankrupt once a year is an impressive feat. What's their inflation at now? This country must be preserved as a source of economic data. Maybe the Sweedish will learn how to live without money, or goats!

Good progress! Very nice gains from the Ottomans (not to mentions losses for them) and it's good to see the Kastamon core put to use. Also, North Africa makes sense in this situation.

PRO does seem to be spreading quite decently in your provinces and is likely to have quite a head start by the time REF emerges. If that's the case, I'm fine with PRO - unless REF pops in your territory. If that happens, I believe it should be treated as the Milanese faith and promoted aggressively. By the sword, for instance.