Werewolf LXXXI: Doom of the WereYak, Part III: Younghusband, 1904

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Yakman

City of Washington, District of Columbia
26 Badges
Jan 5, 2004
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Deus Vult
  • For The Glory
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • 500k Club
Werewolf LXXXI: Doom of the WereYak, Part Three: Younghusband, 1904

n121509805_35791102_2043.jpg

Werewolf LXXXI: Doom of the WereYak, Part III: Younghusband, 1904

It is the height of British India. Afghanistan is subdued, the Mutiny long forgotten, and the threat of a Cossack invasion a fuzzy abstraction.

However, not all is well in the Emperor's Crown Jewel. To the north, the forbidding mountains of the Himalaya hide the secret capital of Lhasa, in which no European has ever set foot. Rumblings in Sikkim hint that Tibet's Immortal Lamas have begun to conspire with secret Geomantric societies in the decaying Chi'ing Empire. Should the magical might of these two powers combine, it might rejuvenate the Asiatic peoples and enable the overthrow of not only the British Empire, but of Western civilization itself.

King Edward VII has personally ordered Lt. Colonel Younghusband, an explorer who has the best knowledge of any white man of the cyclopean massifs, to lead an expedition to Lhasa to overthrow the necrotic rule of the Lamas and end the Arcane conspiracy.

An army is assembled from across India: sikhs, pathans, rajputs, marathas, and ghurkas. Supplementing them are the finest European soldiers in the Indian Army, and, of course, the omnipresent sherpas.

The expedition sets out in December 1903, and in the heavy snows, a small advance unit becomes separated from the main force. Entering an edenic valley, the soldiers and their sherpas are enchanted by the apparently unspoiled paradise amidst the great mountains. But, alas... they have entered one of the eternally damned seclusions of the murderous WEREYAK!

Wooden+Demon.JPG

The Rules

§1. You sign up for the game by requesting so in a post in this thread.
§1a. No new players will be admitted into the game once it has started, unless they are replacing an existing player who is unable to play anymore.
§1b. If you are listed as a player but haven't received any message containing your role, you are a normal villager (as far as you know).
§1c. You are responsible for keeping your private message inbox empty enough to receive private messages. You are responsible for any messages missed due to your inbox being full.

§2. The game is split in two phases, “night” and “day.” The Baddies hunt and specials do their things during the night and the villagers vote to lynch during the day.
§2a. Orders must be submitted to the Game Moderator before the deadline.
§2b. Lynchings are done by public voting. Whoever gets the most votes before the deadline is lynched. Correct voting is done by typing

Vote Yakman

changing one's vote is done by

Unvote Yakman

vote Avernite

If votes are not bolded I cannot guarantee that I will find them, and they may not be counted. If the proper player is not unvoted, the new vote will not count.

§2c. – Players will vote daily. Should they not vote, THEY WILL BE REPLACED. There will be no exceptions unless the Game Moderator states otherwise.
§2d. – Invalid votes (Voting for Game Moderator/Ghosts/Self) will not be accepted. Invalid votes will not be counted in vote tallies and will not count towards participation.
§2d(i). - Players who attempt to abuse any rules to further themselves will be auto-lynched at the GMs discretion.

§2e. DEADLINE FOR VOTES AND OTHER STUFF IS (1800 EST / 2300 GMT)
§2f. Posting or sending forged Private Messages (PMs) are allowed. Screenshots of PMs are not. PMs from the moderator are for your eyes only. Do not show them to others, as this defeats the idea of the game.
§2g. Sending a PM containing a false/impossible order to the GM will be punished with instant DOOM.

§3. SPECTATORS AND GHOSTS MAY HAUNT, TAUNT AND FLAUNT, BUT NEVER REVEAL ANY INFORMATION (COMPILATION INCLUDED).
§3a. ANYONE CAUGHT REVEALING SECRET/INSIDE INFORMATION WILL BE *PERMANENTLY* BANNED FROM PARTICIPATION. NO EXCUSES ARE VALID.

§3b. When doing ghost/spectator commentary, please use a non-white color.

§4. The villagers win when all Yaks are dead. The Yaks win when they eliminate the other evil packs and the evil villagers equal or outnumber the good ones.

§5. The abilities of the special roles override these rules in case there is any conflict.
§5a. Nightly orders are handled in the following order:

Nightly Move Order:

1. Sorcerer
2. Doctor
3. Camp Trickster
4. Shot of Whiskey
5. WereYak - If multiple attack orders are sent from the same pack, the last order submitted is the one that counts.
6. Wouldn't you like to know?
7. Clairvoyant
8. Cultist
9. Chaplain
10. Orientalist

§6. All players will be given one of the following roles.

ROLES

Villager: Good. Has no special abilities.
WereYak: Evil. Belongs to a pack. Wins if only their pack and other Evil characters are the only ones surviving. A pack can send in a hunt order at night, which will kill the player that is hunted unless they are saved by a special ability.
Orientalist (Seer): Good. Sends in a scan order each night to determine if a player is a WereYak or a villager. Sends in one scan order each night.
Cultist: Evil. Works with the Yaks, and wins if they win. Sends in a scan order each night to determine a player's special role. If all Yaks in a pack die, the cultist will change pack affiliation and be given the name of one WereYak in the new pack. At game start, the Cultist is aware of the name of one WereYak.
Sorcerer: Evil. Works with the Yaks, and wins if they win. Can nullify the powers of any player for one night. That player will not receive a response from the GM if a scanner. Sends in one order each night, but cannot target the same player two nights in a row. At game start, the Sorcerer is aware of the names of one pack.
Chaplain (Priest): Good. Able to scan players and detect cultists, seers, and sorcerers. Sends in one scan order each night.
Doctor: Good. The doctor can protect one player each night from attack by sending a PM with that player's name to the GM. If the protected player is attacked, the doctor saves him that night, but that player spends the next day recuperating this will be revealed as “no kill during the night.” Recuperating players cannot be hunted the next night. The victim is given the name of the doctor after recuperating, but while recuperating cannot vote or make any cogent posts, but they must post at least one LOLCAT picture or they die. If the player is a WereYak, the doctor will be informed of this after saving them.
Camp Trickster (Changeling): Good. Will send in an order every night. If the Yaks' HUNT target is the same as that of the Changeling, it will redirect it to the Changeling's chosen target.
 Changelings cannot save themselves.

§6a. There are also TRAITS which can be had in addition to roles.

TRAITS

Apprentice: Only becomes active if his master is killed. A scanner can have more than one Apprentice but in case of the scanner's death only the first Apprentice will become active. Apprentices work just like their former master. If an Apprentice is in the game, the first scanner who finds him will make him his Apprentice. An unclaimed Apprentice does not know that he is one until he is scanned. There might be claimed Apprentices at game start in which case these claimed Apprentices will know their role. Players who start out as baddies cannot be apprentices.
Brutal: If lynched, can choose to kill one other player before dying.
Clairvoyant: Has a one time super-scan (100% success), revealing all roles and traits (including hidden ones).
Consumption: If the Consumptive player is eaten by the WereYaks, that pack will be too sick to send in a hunt order the next night. Consumptive players are aware of their trait.
Cub: A cub is always a WereYak. If a cub is lynched, the Yaks who are members of that cub's pack can hunt TWO players who voted to lynch the cub. However, both of these players must have voted for lynching the cub. If they choose to hunt a player who did not vote for the cub, they cannot hunt a second player on that night. Defenders who attempt to stop/divert the Yaks when they carry out a revenge hunt are killed instead of the Yaks' targets. The Cub-revenge attack can occur at any night after the cub was lynched.
Cursed: If this person is hunted, he will not die, but instead become a WereYak.
Gunga-Din: If lynched, renders all night actions void for that day.
Irish Heritage (Lucky): A Lucky person will survive a WereYak attack, but only once. Will be revealed as a "no kill during the night". The Lucky will be unaware he is lucky, and will not know that he was attacked
Officer: Once in the game, can choose to save the duly elected lynch victim and choose someone else to be lynched. Cannot save or lynch himself.
Shot of Whiskey: One use trait. If used the night that a WereYak, or other SoW user targets the player, the user is saved; if the user is not targeted, they can kill a single target during the night. A SoW who survives an attack will be told that he was a target and who targeted him if the attacker used a SoW, and that it was the WereYaks if it was a pack attack.

§6b. There may be other roles or traits at the GM's discretion.

§7. - Alliances and Feuds which aren't based on your characters or roles in the game between players are forbidden. Alliances and Feuds which continue from one game to another undermine the whole idea of the game.

§8a. – The Game Moderator has the last word on all matters.
§8b. – If the Game Moderator makes a mistake (e.g. with the vote count, hunt orders), or if critical information is revealed, the mistake will be kept.

Last edited:
Player List

1. syber_sid - the CONSUMPTIVE VILLAGER was hunted on night 1
2. THE_SPLIT - the CLAIRVOYANT VILLAGER was brutalized on Day 2
3. walrus - the BRUTAL VILLAGER was lynched on Day 2
4. jester180 - the UNCLAIMED APPRENTICE was hunted on Night 2
5. randakar - Cpl. John Dearhart, the HIDEOUS WEREYAK was lynched on Day 3
6. Ironhead 5 - the ORIENTALIST was hunted on Night 3
7. AVN subbing for EUROO7 as General Sir Charles James Napier, the PRIESTLY APPRENTICE was lynched on Day 4
8. marty99, the DOCTOR was hunted on night 4
9. XenomorphII, the VILLAGER with a SHOT OF WHISKEY was lynched on Day 5
10. Calamity, the GUNGA DIN VILLAGER was hunted on Night 5
11. Jopi, the WEREYAK CUB was lynched on Day 6
12. von Loch Ness, the VILLAGER was hunted on Night 6
13. Nautilu, the DOCTOR was lynched on Day 7
14. Rysz, the BRUTAL VILLAGER was hunted on Night 7
15. syber_sid v.2 subbing for jensthemens, the CONSUMPTIVE VILLAGER was lynched on Day 8
16. muttoneer as Capt. R.T.F.Q. Sealy-Farquhar - Surveyor, Royal Engineers, the PRIEST was lynched on Day 8
17. jonti-h, the CURSED VILLAGER was hunted on Night 8
18. trespoe as the sherpa Phu-dorje the CULTIST was lynched on Day 9
19. Xarkan the UNCLAIMED APPRENTICE was lynched on Day 9
20. johho888 - as Professor Drovel the VILLAGER WHO USED A SHOT OF WHISKEY was hunted on Night 9
21. Walrus subbing for okyriosy as Balki Bartokomous, OFFICER was lynched on Day 10
22. cymsdale the CURSED VILLAGER was hunted on Day 10
23. Slinky, the VAMPIRE was lynched on Day 11
24. kriszo subbing for GeneralHannibal was killed by the RISEN WEREYAK
25. raczynski as Brigadier-General Sir Harry Paget Flashman VC KCB KCIE was killed by the ASCENDANT WEREYAK

WEREYAK VICTORY

teep, the VILE WEREYAK
the_hdk, the HORRENDOUS WEREYAK
XenomorphII v.2 subbing for rexodia48
Jerard, as Sir Henry Morton Stanley, GCB the SORCERER
antracer, the APPRENTICE TURNED CULTIST

W020060223560117525577.jpg

Last edited:
A few notes on gameplay:

PLEASE

1 - READ THE RULES. My rules/move orders/roles/traits are not the same as in previous games. Rules may change slightly (nothing serious, I swear) until game start at which point they will be frozen.

2 - BE POLITE. I will not have my game be the one that got this forum shut down. So if you get angry or want to throw a hissy fit, stand up, walk away from the computer, and go to the gym.

3 - DO NOT SPAM MY INBOX. Unless it contains an order or a question, I don't want to be cc:ed. This is not because I don't like reading your conversations with each other (it actually is quite interesting), but because I want to make sure my inbox is available to take other players' orders and questions.

4 - NOTE THAT THE DEADLINE IS 1600 EST / 2100 GMT

5 - ROLEPLAY. PLayers are encouraged to play as sherpas, foolhardy explorers, arrogant British imperialists, and other (a)historic flotsam and jetsam from across the turn of the century world who might find themselves in this boldest of imperial adventures.

6 - BEWARE of Crovaxian slips, Mr. G, and the game getting completely YUBAR'd!

7 - HAVE FUN. :)

Last edited:
In. Since I don't have a Model UN trip this time...

In. Since I don't have a Model UN trip this time...
i remember Model UN in high school... man that was fun.

when they had the award ceremony, i had my school's squad (i was club president) take their ties off and make them into Rambo-style head bands. When we came onstage to win our awards, other clubs knew we meant business.

i remember Model UN in high school... man that was fun.

when they had the award ceremony, i had my school's squad (i was club president) take their ties off and make them into Rambo-style head bands. When we came onstage to win our awards, other clubs knew we meant business.

My school never wins any awards. We don't take it very seriously... :eek:o :D

My school never wins any awards. We don't take it very seriously... :eek:o :D
we rarely won my first two years.

but i took over, turned it around, made sure that we had a hardcore group... and we did pretty well when I was SecGen. It was a lot of fun.

In!

What's happened to Werewolf?! :eek: Who are all these weirdos?

"Oh mommy, the rules are bad, I don't want to play"

What's so bad about them anyway?
i guess some people like to spam the boards with pointless votes that add nothing to the game, the discussion, or anyone's enjoyment thereof.

then again, that's just a guess