• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Two great AAR's died in one week. :eek: I'm very sad to hear this, this was one of my favorite In Nomine AARs.

Thanks for the AAR, it was really fun to follow and participate.

If that hardware is capable of churning out a new AAR, you can be sure I'll be following :D

The new hardware is more than capable... i7-920 with 6gb ram on an msi big bang board and a nvidia 480 video card... Had to save alot of pennies for it all. So far so good as I'm just breaking it in. Next up will be some over clocking fun to see how she'll stretch her legs. After that I have to get all the game stuff re-situated. It took way too long getting the passwords and accounts all straight. I have dual boot now with XP and win-7, hoping to migrate everything to seven eventually so I can use all the ram and the sata 6.0 HD. The difference in speed is very noticeable... Course the 64 meg cache vs. 16 meg to go along with it helps too...

Aw hell. Look at me running on like a little school girl...

Two great AAR's died in one week. :eek: I'm very sad to hear this, this was one of my favorite In Nomine AARs.

I share your pain, sir. It was alot of work, and for awhile one of the few things that kept me going. It's been so long now I'm going to have to remember how to even play the game...!

Sad to hear that they AAR is dead, but it's good to see Antracer posting again. Certainly let us know if you're starting a new one.

I am debating... I see no real movement on the patch front, which is understandable given the current state of paradox affairs. I'd like to get a finalized patch installed as I'll have to "relearn to ride the bike" so to speak... It would be nice to do it once instead of learn, patch, learn again... I figure we'll probably not see any real big changes after this patch for awhile. May even give me a good foundation to start playing around with some minor mods too.

It'll be a bit getting the computer rehashed and all set too. Much to do porting all the old info to the new win seven drive. It was all so easy when I was building 486 dx133's and win 3.1 was a set of floppies... :rolleyes: (cyrix 586 chips, anyone...?)

Vicky 2 looks promising also, though I'll be holding off on jumping in right away.

Nice to hear from you all again...

Mayhap third time will be the charm...

Aw hell. Look at me running on like a little school girl...
I'd really like to say something but...:(
Having had my machine go through a "bad patch" recently, i certainly understand what happens when the computer goes to the happy hunting ground. Nevertheless, I look forward to your next adventure.
He he he..floppies...:rofl:

(cyrix 586 chips, anyone...?)

Haha, don't remind me! :D No internal cooling was enough for that baby, I had to actually drill holes to the case to keep that one running :rofl:

Of course, it WAS dirt cheap for the speed...

I'd really like to say something but...:(
Having had my machine go through a "bad patch" recently, i certainly understand what happens when the computer goes to the happy hunting ground. Nevertheless, I look forward to your next adventure.
He he he..floppies...:rofl:

I'd like to say something 'but' too, but I'm afraid I'd come off a bit cheeky... :p

Haha, don't remind me! :D No internal cooling was enough for that baby, I had to actually drill holes to the case to keep that one running :rofl:

Of course, it WAS dirt cheap for the speed...

The floating point error was fun too. It was an adventure using one of those. Worked fast but had that nasty habit of crashing when you least expected it. I found my first real vid card the other day... A whole one MEG cinatronics... Even had the 2nd meg chip upgrade. Man was that the big deal when it appeared way back when...

YAY! YOU'RE BACK! WOOHOO!

You deserve to with an upgrade to a system like that.

I was seriously thinking of going AMD with an X4 955/65 black and then OC'ing it to high heaven... The more I invest-a-migated the more I gravitated... The AMD is cost effective, but it just can't perform to this level. (of course in 3 years I'll be outclassed in every way barely holding on again, but heck, we only go around once...)

Still... the extra money was worth it. I now have a stable OC to just north of 4.0 ghz on air with this puppy. Gotta say this thing is a flat out brute...

And all I had to do was give up a testicle...:rofl:

T

Noooooooo! :(

I read through this whole AAR inabout a week and I don't think I've ever been more entertained by any other, and I've read most of those on the forum. :eek:o
I hope you start another soon, but I haven't seen any of the others you've done so if you haven't tried, say... Decca? I'd like to watch that unfold. If you also happen to do another interactive AAR, maybe I can add some input.
:D
I'm also fairly new to this game (hence why I haven't gotten around to authenticating my game) but I learned some well thought out moves, especially from the Knights, so I'd love to be able to give you some serious considerations.

I just want to say, this is the best AAR I've read yet, for a couple reasons.. 1) incredibly entertaining sense of humor.. 2) great back and forth between yourself and all the Knights.. and 3) I've played a moderate amount of EU over the years, and this one was very good at teaching.. the impacts of sliders moves, strategic thought, economic stuff.. Thank you thank you for the ride.