• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Milan is rather extended. Time to link up the North African, Holy land and former Byzantine lands together.Try a royal marraige wih the Morea. Maybe, Milan will get lucky.

Just don't get so over-extended that doing so, you leave a tempting target for France.

I think it's time you got a new roster of knights anyway. One more and you'll run right off. Now I'm not saying who it should be...
Oh, you're a Rangers fan? That killed my interest in the AAR right there. Goodbye, spawn of Satan! Or New York. Close enough. :p NYC is actually fine if it weren't for all the traffic. You'd think with a multi-billion dollar budget they could find a few million to widen the roads, but it looks like a job for the Secret Order of Milanese Knights or whatever the exact title is. And if half of them are centigenarians, I don't think the Order is all that effective. Why do I have a strange feeling I'm going to see a horse's head in my bed soon...?
You know a fight I'd like to see? Teutonic Order against Milanese Order. Pay-per-view right there. A bunch of real-life knights stuck up in Prussia versus the Secret whatever owning Middle Earth. Yes, that's what "Mediterranean" translates to. I suppose. I took German.

Huzzah! Verily doth I accept the honour (note spelling: 'u's are not optional) of a knightly position. I promise to respect my eld-... um, to do as command-... look, I'll take what I'm told under advisement, mkay? Best I can do here. :D

But I do hereby take the oath of secretive Milanese knighthood, as long as we don't have to keep wearing this ridiculous headgear to the meetings. I mean, seriously, Sir nsahn knocked the salt over three times when that silly hood dropped over his eyes.

In other news... very nice update. I'm actually rather too tired at this point to go through it and make constructive comments - I just got back from yet another wedding in a city I have to fly to, and between living in a digs for three days and MCing the reception i was rather busy. And work starts again tomorrow. So hopefully I'll be able to say something useful then. :)

I pray you had a good vacation, Yoshi Sahn. I really like the sig. I actually told a guy to find one of your posts and check it cuz it had the answer he wanted... :eek:o

Very good. Got everything I asked for in Christmas.

Really? Wish I had been there to see it. :p

Then France learned there's more colors than blue, we learned Sir Beamed thinks the AAR is better drunk, Sir Malurous is a Bruins fan, Sir Ahriman is tickled it was PRO that popped near us, Sir blsteen is making lunch, and that we now have some more of the Med coast in North Africa.

:rofl: It looks like things are shaping up nicely.
And the PRO Reformation started in Castille... No sign of the REF reformation yet.

Hmm.....Very interesting that PRO starts in Iberia. lol
And I have to fix the coffee stain. That just won't do. But I have to go to work first.

Indeed. A new scroll may be in order.

Edit: And you don't have to retake the oath again. You took it 110 years ago... Remember...?

Uh...hehe....well no. Memories over a century old start to get a bit fuzzy.

I agree. It seems like it's time for Milan to strike at those who pollute the map with their non-purplishness. Now all we need to do is decide a direction. If we're going for Greek as an accepted culture then Morea seems like a good bet.

Congratulations to our two new knights!

Indeed on both counts. We should go towards Egypt to try to connect all our holdings, not to mention get some of those rich Egyptian lands.

I second that emotion... :cool:

Milan is rather extended. Time to link up the North African, Holy land and former Byzantine lands together.Try a royal marraige wih the Morea. Maybe, Milan will get lucky.

Just don't get so over-extended that doing so, you leave a tempting target for France.

Handled. And extended to heck and back... ;)

I would never royal marriage Morea in this situation. I don't do diplo annex... Actually, I avoid it like the plague. Way to much aggravation. The decentral hit is as bad as the BB, so it really doesn't appeal to me to go the long way round and waste all that time when I can just ring the bell and smile...

I did make some very overt moves in the BBB's direction to let her know I was thinking of her. She started her garbage with the embargoes again, so I put a few nice, large and very visible armies next to her borders after making sure most of the provinces were fort upgraded. She realized the error of her ways and backed down... :)

I think it's time you got a new roster of knights anyway. One more and you'll run right off. Now I'm not saying who it should be...
Yes... I will have to go visit Merlin's brother and see if he can elongate the scroll or something. And get rid of that magical coffee stain left by Lenny. Yes, I discovered he's more than a cook, and marked the scroll so he could find me and steal it later...

Oh, you're a Rangers fan? That killed my interest in the AAR right there. Goodbye, spawn of Satan! Or New York. Close enough.
Why dost thou insistith upon ingesting thine insole...? Sur-ly thou doth grow weary of the shoe's taste...? Jesting of one's love of the Red White and Blue, whether it be Ranger or Giant is most unbecoming of one searching for secret knighthood...

:p NYC is actually fine if it weren't for all the traffic. You'd think with a multi-billion dollar budget they could find a few million to widen the roads, but it looks like a job for the Secret Order of Milanese Knights or whatever the exact title is. And if half of them are centigenarians, I don't think the Order is all that effective. Why do I have a strange feeling I'm going to see a horse's head in my bed soon...?
All I can say is... Ummm. That's it. Just with what you wrote you know more about NYC than I. My secret order does not travel to places so populated, polluted or potentially problematic, what with trying to take swords on buses and ferries and all that. Speaking of Ferries, I told you about Lenny and the magic coffee stain, right...?

You know a fight I'd like to see? Teutonic Order against Milanese Order. Pay-per-view right there. A bunch of real-life knights stuck up in Prussia versus the Secret whatever owning Middle Earth. Yes, that's what "Mediterranean" translates to. I suppose. I took German.

Mmmm. A good fight that would be. In another game though. They've been thoroughly trounced by Novgorod this time around, and I dare say their feeble armies would mount much of a challenge. And you took German huh...?

Ich hab kein ahnung was er sagt. Nor do I know how to spell it. :D

Huzzah! Verily doth I accept the honour (note spelling: 'u's are not optional) of a knightly position. I promise to respect my eld-... um, to do as command-... look, I'll take what I'm told under advisement, mkay? Best I can do here. :D

Just because we're not so secret doesn't mean we're all formal and everything. You just have to remember to wear the get up at breakfast so we get the discount. mkay...? ;)

But I do hereby take the oath of secretive Milanese knighthood, as long as we don't have to keep wearing this ridiculous headgear to the meetings. I mean, seriously, Sir nsahn knocked the salt over three times when that silly hood dropped over his eyes.

It's only because he misplaced his proper helmet. Which, given the trouble he had with getting the coffee through the visor was probably a good thing. I'll take a little spilled salt to wearing half his beverage selection any day of the week, even Saturday... And just FYI... You don't HAVE to wear the helmet when you eat... Just arriving and departing.

In other news... very nice update. I'm actually rather too tired at this point to go through it and make constructive comments - I just got back from yet another wedding in a city I have to fly to, and between living in a digs for three days and MCing the reception i was rather busy. And work starts again tomorrow. So hopefully I'll be able to say something useful then. :)

That is fine. The post is fine. It's light, it's fresh... Dang near marketable. And you're blending in splendidly. Secret order members have to have a cover identity and all that, so it looks like you're ten steps ahead of me. You even got a fun one...

And I must do something about this work starting all the time thing. I'll have to make some kind of official looking invitation thingy you can take to work and use to get a day off. If I make it look all governmenty, they might even pay you for the day... :cool:

Very good. Got everything I asked for in Christmas.

"IN" Christmas...? That's new. I've never been IN Christmas before. IN the Christmas play, yeah. IN the room as Santa, a few times. IN the spirit of the Holiday, once or twice. IN-ebriated at the Christmas party, many times. But never IN the actual holiday itself. I must investamagate. This sounds too good to be true...

Really? Wish I had been there to see it. :p

You will. Too bad there isn't a stat counter for it. You'd have one of the higher counts I'm sure. How's it feel to be so dang useful...?

:rofl: It looks like things are shaping up nicely.

Nothing on me shapes nicely. Except maybe one eye....

Hmm.....Very interesting that PRO starts in Iberia. lol

Yes. And PRO is the first to invade our provinces. So far it's PRO 4, REF 0.

Indeed. A new scroll may be in order.

Actually, it's already "on" order... :D

Uh...hehe....well no. Memories over a century old start to get a bit fuzzy.

Mine started getting fuzzy within a week. Mold me thinks... Or is that "MoUld"...?

Indeed on both counts. We should go towards Egypt to try to connect all our holdings, not to mention get some of those rich Egyptian lands.

Yes sir. And some poor lands too, along the Northern Coast of the Africans.

Just got done playing out the segment.

† Sir Enewald † wanted war...

We got warred.

I wanted a spectacle...

I got spectacled...

I'll start the updates tomorrow after work. (I tried the royal decree thingy on my boss but he didn't buy it...)

It's a whole new world out there...!

Till then...!

T

"IN" Christmas...? That's new. I've never been IN Christmas before. IN the Christmas play, yeah. IN the room as Santa, a few times. IN the spirit of the Holiday, once or twice. IN-ebriated at the Christmas party, many times. But never IN the actual holiday itself. I must investamagate. This sounds too good to be true...

Colloquial English is fun. :p
You will. Too bad there isn't a stat counter for it. You'd have one of the higher counts I'm sure. How's it feel to be so dang useful...?

I haven't decided yet.
Yes. And PRO is the first to invade our provinces. So far it's PRO 4, REF 0.
Mine started getting fuzzy within a week. Mold me thinks... Or is that "MoUld"...?

Bah, I can hardly remember what I did 5 minutes ago, much less what I did last week.
† Sir Enewald † wanted war...

We got warred.

I wanted a spectacle...

I got spectacled...

*gulp*
I'll start the updates tomorrow after work. (I tried the royal decree thingy on my boss but he didn't buy it...)

It's a whole new world out there...!

:rofl:

All I can say is... Ummm. That's it. Just with what you wrote you know more about NYC than I. My secret order does not travel to places so populated, polluted or potentially problematic, what with trying to take swords on buses and ferries and all that. Speaking of Ferries, I told you about Lenny and the magic coffee stain, right...?
MOST of your secret order does not travel there. I happen to live there (when I am not in Milan). And I know for a fact, from personal experience, that it is acceptable to carry swords on the subway. I've done it many many times :)

It's only because he misplaced his proper helmet. Which, given the trouble he had with getting the coffee through the visor was probably a good thing. I'll take a little spilled salt to wearing half his beverage selection any day of the week, even Saturday... And just FYI... You don't HAVE to wear the helmet when you eat... Just arriving and departing.
I see... It is a good idea to review these rules once in a while. I think I shall also remove my gauntlets before attempting pancakes from now on. Verily I cannot wait until we learn of gunpowder, so that we will no longer have to wear this most cumbersome and silly armor (though I personally will retain my suit for when I need to ride the subway in NYC).

I think that call on the gauntlets is a good one - I can't imagine how those things felt with all that syrup dripping through!

On the other hand, antracer, you could have informed me of the 'helmets may be removed' rule some time before I tried to eat French toast through the visor. My helmet keeps on smelling eggy these days.

Fashionistas:rolleyes:
Time to conquer...someone or something, I too echo Sir Enewald. To war, even if it has to be with the blueheads(but hopefully with the sandcastle dwellers or the footstools or the ones that are always in need of a snack);)
Long Live Milan and the one who shall remain for the time being unnamed but most powerful and pontificating.

† Sir OrangeYoshi †: How canst thou be unappreciative at thou handiness...? Thine signature is a sight to behold, and is sur-ly a delight to all who peruse it. I canst not speakith ill against thine mentilicus facultus, for mine own steel sieve be tough as steel yet full of many tiny holes that leaketh all manner of informatory debris. Be thee prepared to gulpest, for the update of reckoning is nigh at hand...

† Sir quicksabre † : I see that it twath most unnecessary to swear me to secrecy now. And whilst carrying swords on the long clickety clack wagons is permissible, drawing ones weapon is not so eagerly accepted... And, if thou wouldst be so kind as to accept my sincerest apologies, for I meant no ill will torwards thine humblest of dwelling areas. Life is not much better in the northern realms of upstate, where wind doth blow, as well as many politicians...

† Sir nsahn † : I raise the royal cup of joe in agreement with thine sentiments, oh Knight. From this day forward, a Knight of the Royal Secret Order only need wear his breastplate, on which thine Coat of Arms shallst be displayed in it's splendor. And with other suitable clothing please. No going 'commando' or any of that foul behavioUr. (Yes † Sir draik † , that is for U...) And might I add, A nice addition to your signature as well. An excellent movie that was, excellent indeed. Except for the ending. It could have used a little more at the end. But still a worthwhile watch.

† Sir draik † : All I canst say to thine predicament is that ye be greatful that thou wast eating the food and not cleaning the stable...

† Sir blsteen † : Always to the point you are... So I grant you your wish. I even pontificated a bit here for you. Was it not pompous and grand...? :D

Update in 3...2...1....

† Sir OrangeYoshi †: How canst thou be unappreciative at thou handiness...? Thine signature is a sight to behold, and is sur-ly a delight to all who peruse it. I canst not speakith ill against thine mentilicus facultus, for mine own steel sieve be tough as steel yet full of many tiny holes that leaketh all manner of informatory debris. Be thee prepared to gulpest, for the update of reckoning is nigh at hand...
Perhaps thou ist on the correct sideth. Methinks some have ventured to flatter by summoning me as Yoshipedia.

† Sir blsteen † : Always to the point you are... So I grant you your wish. I even pontificated a bit here for you. Was it not pompous and grand...? :D

:( You broke character. :p

Update in 3...2...1....

Emu'd!

Chapter 32: We Demand Morea Action...!!!​

"Batelli..."

"Sir."

Batelli stood appearing to take up far more space than his frame actually did. His commander looked in his general direction and started speaking.

"The President Prince has had enough. The patriots in Macedonia and Larissa have banded together enough support to force his hand, and he tells me we are going to war. He also tells me that he'd like this war to not exactly be a full declaration on the Greek Provinces. It could to easily be misconstrued as an action against the Greeks themselves, something that must be avoided. I need you to go to Morea and do some digging, and then on to Macedonia to speak with the Greek Leadership there. I need to know what we can weasel into, and see just what we can and can't do."

Batelli nodded, and asked the obvious question... "So not a war against the Greeks, but a war against the Greeks and anyone else who wishes to get in the way...?"

The commander's eyes widened a bit, and his head took on a bit of a tilt as he tried to follow the response. He decided to make it easy and reached for the map on his desk, then walking with it to the center table.
"The desired targets are Janina, Corfu and Achea... And of course the capital Morea, though that will come at a later date."

PR_729.jpg

"The Prince wants the other peoples of the area to have a haven for awhile, to help keep tensions down.
The rub to the whole thing is that Morea has some very large, very powerful and very hungry friends. All of them would think nothing of a free opportunity to have at us at Morea's call.
While I personally feel this would be no real cause for alarm, it would come at a very inopportune time, as most of our forces are spread to the four winds. It's not that we can't defend, it's the sheer cost of getting them all here, and recruiting the additional regiments that would be necessary to fend off
such an invasion. The money involved would be horrific, to say the least.
It doesn't take Archimedes to see that this affair will require a rather delicate touch... If we'd like to get involved without taking on half the world.
This, so I am told, is a rather unique skill, particular to individuals such as yourself. So here am I, and here are you, and here we are..."

Batelli took a moment to let everything sink in. "I believe it safe to assume we're looking to use anything but the front door to get in...?"

"That's the idea I'm getting. I can speak to the President Prince again, but he was pretty clear that he want's it done, just not directly. Personally, I'd just kick the door in and be done with it. This cloak and dagger bit, and all those secret meetings in the dark... Bah..."

Batelli spoke to no one in particular... "If I work this out right, thousands of soldiers will sleep in their own beds come the morrow instead of face down in a field somewhere..."

The commanding officer turned, he went to pour himself a drink but stopped and thought better of it. "Damn." He shook his head poured the stiff anyways, downing it quickly. "I must tell you I don't like this business one bit." he finally let out. "Not one damn bit..."

Batelli had no such reservations, though he would have appreciated the drink, even if it was just past noon...

~ † ~

The next weeks were spent investigating, meeting and working various contacts. Some were new, some were useful. Those that were useful were kept track of for future projects, those that weren't were left to themselves. Their names were retained in case the wrong things were spoken of after he had left, but Batelli wasn't in the business of leaving a trail. Dead bodies started people talking, and in his line of work you only wanted people talking who actually had something useful to say. Besides, disinformation was such a powerful tool, in the mouth of a blabbering fool...

As the evening before his next meeting with the commander was closing, he pondered what he had found...

PR_730.jpg

He had a way in. He had a plan. All he needed was for it to work...

~ † ~

The day was cool. Not cold as it usually was, just cool. Batelli wondered why it seemed so warm this time of year as he made his way to the meeting.

Maybe it was just the Brandy...

After the meeting, walking his horse back to work off the excitement and tension, he wondered how he had pulled it off. The commander was a hard man to convince, and the President Prince and his personal advisors even more so, but in the end they took his recommendation. All he needed do now was get word to his people and get it going.

It was certainly going to be a nice payday. He wouldn't have to work for at least the next year, maybe longer with any luck. He smiled to himself. He had been confident, forceful, persuasive...

In retrospect, maybe that was just the Brandy too...

~ † ~

Batelli sat nervously in the annex to the great hall. Alot of shouting was heard. Probably all the way out into the stables...

The assistant appeared and called his name, and he went inside. Once in, he stood before the desk of the President Prince himself. The commander stood off to the side, peering out the window.

This was definitely not the time to be delivering the news he had.

The President Prince spoke up, noticing his discomfort, and taking a little happiness from it if the facial expression held any truth to it. "So Mr. Batelli... The leader of the Greek movement with in my Parliament wants to know just when we're going to take care of that "thing" I agreed to take care of for him."

"And his people, my Prince..." his assistant chimed in.

"Yes yes yes... And his people. Always about the people. Who's bright idea was it to become a Republic anyways...?"

"If it weren't Sir, you wouldn't be here..." His assistant chimed in again.

"Don't you have a hobby? Somewhere to be? Something else to do? Somewhere else to do it?" The President Prince was just shy of red, and the color threat level was climbing higher by the second...

"I would be happy to go and get coffee, milk, tea...?" he offered.

"Brandy." Batelli spoke up. It suddenly dawned on him that there were three men all staring at him all of sudden. "If you don't mind..." He weakly added.

"I will take it that the news you have for me isn't good then..." The President Prince slowly put down the papers he had been shuffling, and the commander turned from the window and walked to the edge of the desk.

"I'll just go and get that, then" the assistant sputtered as he made fast paces for the door.

The commander spoke first... "You told me our chances were very good. In fact, one of the main reasons I went along with this charade was the fact you were rather emphatic about our chances being very good..."

"They were good..." Batelli offered, wishing that assistant would run, very fast, as he really needed that drink about now. His throat was tightening a bit, but he managed a small defense. "I calculated a success chance of 86% my Prince. Everything was in place, it was going very well."

"And yet you failed..." The President Prince took great pleasure in killing tedious explanations. "I want to know what happened and why. I don't want excuse or candy coated attempts to save face."

Batelli's savior arrived in an over sized snuffer on the most beautiful silver tray he'd ever seen. The fact it was covered in a red velvet cloth and he saw just a barely perceptible edge of silver made no difference at that point in time. They could have brought it on a pine plank and it would have been gorgeous.

"May I...?" he asked as he motioned to the tray...

"Pour one for all of us, I think we need it" the President Prince threw in.

"I can agree with that" the commander added, reaching for a glass as Batelli began to pour.

"That's the first thing we've agreed on all morning Vatelli..."

"Maybe this day won't all be shite after all" the commander shot back.

That the President Prince was referring to the commander by his name, and the commander wasn't getting upset about it caused a great wave of relief in Batelli. He dared not assume anything, but it was a very good sign he may not have to go meet with that firing squad later... He hoped not anyways, as this Brandy was very good. He decided at that point to drag this out a little. He may get another crack at it...

"Well Batelli... What happened..."

"Well"...:

PR_731.jpg

Basically, we failed. Which was OK, because we had other things to do...

~ † ~

One thing we had to do was a slider move. As it wasn't really discussed much, I'd thought I'd make a move that wasn't to upsetting, going one to Quality. We have ample manpower, and with our tech level if I want more I can build regimental camps in good provinces and make more.

The move granted us a commandant, of the lowly one star variety. This marks the beginning of a long line of one and two star nobodies. A long, long, painfully long stretch of absolutely useless advisors.

~ † ~

There would be no further mistakes. There would be no more failures. Either he would succeed... Or he would die. Batelli resolved that the next time he saw the President Prince, it would be with smile in hand... Not with "Our contact got hit by a runaway coach the day before he was to put the false documents in the registry..."

The night was cold, making it easy to see if anyone was coming or not. The telltale waft of breath heading skywards was a sure sign of guards approaching. He and his accomplice had scarves wrapped tightly about, to prevent that very thing from alerting anyone to their presence.

After a tedious and danger filled night, Batelli found himself in his room, bundled in blankets and shivering from more than just the cold.

Everything was in place, and tomorrow was coming quickly.

When it came, the news was as it should be...:

PR_732.jpg

After a long ride and a quick meeting, the President Prince made an appearance before the Parliament. Having found documents in the royal archives of Milan, and companion documents in the royal archives of Montenegro, which proved beyond any reasonable doubt that Milan had a legitimate claim to the lands of Zeta, The Grand Purple(ish) Republic of Milan had no choice but to pursue the liberation of said province and it's people with all speed and alacrity.

All told, Batelli was the only one who knew that the entire course of history was about to be altered over events that had transpired within a single 24 hour day.

It was an achievement worth having a Brandy over... Especially since the President Prince had just delivered a case of the perfection he had enjoyed in the office right to his very doorstep as a gesture of his appreciation.

As Batelli sat by his fire, enjoying the stiff, he wondered to himself if there were any other nations the President Prince might need help getting into war with...

~ † ~

"How to get rid of unwanted French allies in one easy lesson"

Step 1: Declare War.

PR_733.jpg

That takes care of all but one reason for being dragged back into it with France again for awhile...

~ † ~

"I'm sorry, but are you serious...?"

"Yes Sir, I am. No one knows why, they didn't really explain. They just sent an envoy. He showed up this morning with word they're joining us in the war." The commander looked as puzzled as a doctor looking at a woman as she delivered a pony instead of a baby girl.

"What in God's name are they thinking...?" The President Prince stood and walked to the window. "Surely they can't think they'll gain anything from this...?"

"No Sir."

"Well, this sure has gotten a bit awkward to say the least...":

PR_734.jpg

"What the hell are we going to do now...?"

The commander had no answer for his Prince.

~ † ~

The days that followed brought news, brought envoys, brought envelopes, addresses, meetings. Life was hell without the telephone or the internet. War would be so much simpler if he had email.

After all the dust settled, a clear picture emerged...:

PR_735.jpg

The only unknown that remained was why the nation of Guyenne insisting on tagging along.

As a matter of routine, the commander and the President Prince called Batelli in, just to see if there was some sort of unintended connection that may explain why the French understudy had insisted on a supporting role...

After hearing the news, he expressed he was as baffled as they were as to the reasons behind the involvement. The President Prince thanked Batelli for nothing and motioned him on.

Batelli was almost to the door when he stopped. And then smiled. And then cocked his head slightly. And then smiled again, slapping himself on the thing and pronouncing a gleeful yelp.

"I say, what the devil are you carrying on about over there...!" The President Prince was beyond angry, and being thoroughly perplexed wasn't helping matters any.

"It's too simple..." Batelli baited.

"What are you talking about...?"

He would have wagered good money on the commander being the one to take the bait. He'd have to settle for knowing he would have won.

"What to do with Guyenne..."

The two men's attentiveness pricked up noticeably...

"Well, go on then" the President Prince insisted.

"We're at war with Hungary too, right...?" Batelli leaned in close and explained the plan. That both of the other men in the room not only smiled, but actually snickered at his ideas could only mean the best of receptions for his plan.

"That's genius" the commander lauded. "Absolute genius..."

~ † ~

I got the call for an election by the middle of February, and with all that was going on, I kept our dear President Prince on for another term. Being a 9/9/6 didn't hurt his chances any... Our BB is currently a cool 4.41... Having 0.90 and a diplomat for another 0.60 makes for a nice reduction.

To say I'm ready for war is like saying a turnip is good for juicing. I'm all over the place. And all the patrols for pirates are... Well hell, they just suck. I am very happy with how pirates are done in HT³. Never again will I have to do this carp.

The first battle is one of my patrol galleys disappearing, followed by that attacking fleet being wiped.

The first land battle of the war goes like this...:

PR_736.jpg

Clearly we needed more decisive battles in the expansion... :rofl:

That's pretty much the war actually. There's a few more like that, and some sea battles. I actually lost a few battles too...

By April, The two "M's" were calling for white peace.

It took awhile to get everything together and in place so I could get it all done.

Guyenne actually snuck a few units up north in Hungary, but that's a good thing, just ask Batelli. We did have a little wrinkle appear as we were going along...:

PR_737.jpg

Not a big deal, in fact rather nice. I may be able to take it now for 1 BB instead of 6, and Austria may actually develop the place a little for me. I just didn't expect to see it happen is all... especially the timing.

Portugal is having serious rebel troubles. They spill into Mellila every once in awhile.

As the first year comes to a close, some very nice news indeed...:

PR_738.jpg

Sweetness. Time for some new INF mens... Land tech jumps to 14 years ahead of time, so I have to change venues for now. Production needs a little help, as PE is outperforming TE by quite a bit.

According to the ledger page, INF fire is 0.02 still, while INF shock is 1.0. CAV shock is 2.1, but they only have 0.02 fire. That makes INF with high shock and high morale pips better, So I go with Free Shooter INF for now. They have low fire numbers, but with such a pathetic fire rating they'll suck at that anyways. What they do have good offensive shock and morale, and decent defensive shock and moral. Tercio would be a good choice for defensive INF, as the shock numbers are near reverse.

Don't try this at home, but with no danger from enemy troops, I change types in the middle of the war with 7 sieges going on. Guess I won't be doing any assaults for a few months...

Our Production Tech hits 15 in Feb 1516 as we continue sieging everything we can get a man to. While we're warring and all that, we pop the Cessation of Church Functions event. The tax reduction hurts, but the 250d helps lessen the pain. Only other option is the almighty STAB hit, and I aint going there.

~ † ~

As the war winds down, We check the score card...:

PR_739.jpg

With the two "M's" done, I decide to hold off for a bit to peace them out. Hungary has a bit to go, and the peace deal will be fun enough for them... They still have some useless ships running around. It's like fighting pirates in color instead of black and white...

Great Britain becomes Papal Controller, so I decide to bribe some cardinals for fun. I get 4 for me, so once it updates I should get to play at controlling his Holiness via remote control... Provided nobody bribes the others and steals it back.

I also get to fight some pirates, as all my patrols are junk now. I work on getting them back in order as Hungary finishes off.

Salzberg culture changes to Lombard, and my monopoly in Görz gets outed... Bastages.

The war is going so well, a general dies of happiness. Some more Portuguese Rebels pay me a visit, and my merchants struggle with sitting on their collective CoTs.

A revolt pops in Roussilon, the handy work of one Castille. Looks like they found some money and thought I was worthy of some attention.

With so many crappy things happening, I decide to cheer myself up...:

PR_740.jpg

I follow that up with the Greek Road Show...:

PR_741.jpg

That makes for one goal nearly done. Also makes for part of the connection too.

Sweden celebrates by going Bankrupt. (Again)

It's down to two provinces in Hungary, when they're done, the war's done.

I waste away the days building things in the newly acquired provinces like workshops and level two forts. (they help with conversion, and they're front line properties, so it's good both ways.)

I get some revolts, some garbage, some fun.

~ † ~

The Year of Our Lord, 1417 begins well. The first of our remaining sieges finishes on the 2nd, and the other is done on the 7th. In between those two dates I convert the heretics of Tlemcan and instigate Nationalist Rebels in Sus, just as a way of saying thanks to Portugal for all the fun times I've had with there riff raff lately.

With all of the provinces accounted for, I get the chance to implement Batelli's plan...:

PR_742.jpg

The answer to the question, "What do you do with an upstart wanna be France spin off that insists on tagging along...?"

Why, you give them a few provinces to take care of.

If they're nice to you, you give them military access and let them play for awhile until Poland or Austria declares their lease is up. If they get stupid, you cancel said military access and laugh hysterically as they try to do something with this nice new baggage you've given them.

Either way is more fun than letting Hungary keep them. They've already demonstrated an inability to defend them.

Our cost for this little stroll down "make warry" lane...?

PR_743.jpg

A little pricey, but as was mentioned, we had some BB to burn.

Right on cue comes the cry for access, which I grant. For now.

Right on the heels of this comes news of Castille trying to instigate revolts in The Azores. Ah Castille, Were not for having an agenda... And the fact you're GTY'd by both France AND Great Britain.

Seeing is everyone wants to fund rebellions, I fund nationalists in Sus again. I succeed, but the cat's out of the bag and Portugal isn't happy. Oh well.

~ † ~

Some fuel for the fire...:

PR_744.jpg

That makes Protestant the winner of the first conversion award.

As of this time, Reformed has yet to even appear...:

PR_745.jpg

Official score: PRO 1, REF 0.

Why is always on April Fool's Day all the good stuff happens...?

PR_746.jpg

My 4K is so a scared they are is going to evaporate into the nothingness now...

~ † ~

So...

Yeah, I know what yer thinking...

Spectacle and all that.

Wars and rumors of wars...

Yeah, I know.

Well, here ya go...

Round Two:

PR_747.jpg

I mean come on...

Isn't it about time we did something on April Fool's Day too...?

~ † ~

Till next time...!

T

Perhaps thou ist on the correct sideth. Methinks some have ventured to flatter by summoning me as Yoshipedia.

:rofl: Yoshipedia... ! At least you have a simple answer. CLICK THE SIG. It's what it's there for. And thank God you're not "Yoogle"...

:( You broke character. :p

What character...? It was just me behind the curtain the whole time. And I was in character for † Sir blsteen † , so to stay that way for his response wouldn't make sense. I was in "explanation mode" then... ;)

Pontification indeed but pompousness never!

:D

I actually don't want to be pompous. I don't mind donning a pointy had and touching everyone, but to be a know it all who knows it all is dull... Not that I would know, because it sounds like I actually knew it all there for a second... :p

Enjoy the wars...! I know I did... :)

T

Sweet acropolis, nice moves cutting Hungary and the Greeks down to size. It's always nice to see the AI have some sense and actually recognize that their only hope of survival is embracing the purplishness or be swallowed by ma blob. Come on even though you didn't need the help, it was nice to see a little minor march off their entire male population to gain some territory in a whole different geographic section of Europe to help out their big buddy. Just retribution for all the time the AI sitskriegs with a massive stack or two while you're getting your ass handed to you two provinces over and they don't lift a finger to help. But I'm not bitter. No not at all.

Great update. Batelli seems like a man to watch

Sad about the advisor drought. There's nothing more depressing than an advisor pool of 1 star Navigators! I'm sure that it means you're due a really good one. Try blowing on your random number generator for luck. Come on 6 star Diplomat!

I'm saddenned by your cynical attitude towards our loyal Guyennese allies. I'm sure their territorial gains in the war is just the beginning for them and we're seeing a new great power emerging onto the world stage :rofl:

I see my prediction of Portugal having horrible rebel troubles in North Africa is coming true, with little help from you :D Any chance of a vulnerable Muslim nation emerging there in the near future? Be kind to any Fezian or Moroccan Nationalists that come across your borders and just send them on their way.

Come on Protestantism! Great news that the people of Fruli have seen the light and coverted to the dark blue faith. Hopefully soon we'll decide to reform our church in line with these enlightened people. I'm sure nothing bad will happen, like Europe being plunged into a sereis of religous wars ;)

We've aquired some nice Greek provinces there, now for some Turkish ones!

It's interesting to see the different direction your game as Milan went compared to mine, though since I'm playing HttT it was only natural that I would focus on expanding my power base within Germany.

Also, I'm quite surprised to see Castile convert to Protestantism.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have... a land connection! Well, to Greece, at least, though not the Holy Land. That's the first step though - good work!

I'm just wondering, though, whether at this point we'll still be able to get Greek as an accepted culture? These additions will have brought income up somewhat.

Oh well - regardless of that, keep it up! Milan has been seen as a queiscent beast for too long, what with being all altruistic during the annihilation of France and only taking four North African provinces against Portugal - we want WAR! Blood, guts, dirty underwear (which I make a point of wearing - underwear, not dirty underwear), muddy roads, dishevelled uniforms! The romantic ideal being supplanted with the filthy and exhausting reality!