• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The 25% infamy is I believe the previous 4.1a patch or unfixed 4.1b patch. I have what I would call 4.1c, the 'fixed' 4.1b, and it is full 4.0 points of infamy for taking provinces. Full annexation is only 25%.

Not sure what you're talking about. From the Feb 27 patch (UHPF checksum):

Code:
# Excommunication War
cb_excommunication = {

badboy_factor = 0.25
	prestige_factor = 1.25
	peace_cost_factor = 0.5

prerequisites = {
		THIS = {
			excommunicated = yes
			religion = catholic
		}
		religion = catholic
	}

allowed_provinces = {
		OR = {
			culture_group = THIS
			is_core = THIS
		}
	}

po_release_vassals = yes
	po_release_annexed = yes
	po_annex = yes
	[B]po_demand_provinces = yes[/B]
	po_revoke_cores = yes
	po_become_vassal = yes
	po_reduce_sphere = yes
	po_gold = yes
	po_concede_defeat = yes

prov_desc = ALL_PROVS
	war_name = EXCOM_WAR_NAME
}

Great update, the map was nice. :D

Shouldn't you need a reason to be excommunicated? In much the same way you need a CB to wage war?

To be excommunicated, you need to be Catholic, and have less than 100 relations with the pope. The AI will generally excommunicate their enemies, people with high BB, threats, and (to a lesser extent) rivals. If your vassal, ally, or someone with whom you have high relations later becomes controller, they generally remove it.

Odd! I checked the code, and I have the same code. Yet when I tried to demand provinces from England in their excommunication war, the peace deal screen showed full infamy per province.

I would report it as a bug, but I don't have any saves from 40 game years ago, just the last decade. I'll need to do another excommunication war soon!

In 4.1c you only get reduced infamy for your cores or provinces of your culture group.

The code I posted is from the Feb 27 beta, the latest one. The provinces of your culture group thing is only from Nationalism CB at Govt. 30.

Great update - HTTT's dogpiles are certainly efficient. :D

naggy, you're overlooking this part of the excommunication CB code:

Code:
allowed_provinces = {
		OR = {
			culture_group = THIS
			is_core = THIS

naggy, you're overlooking this part of the excommunication CB code:

Code:
allowed_provinces = {
		OR = {
			culture_group = THIS
			is_core = THIS

D'oh! You're right. Good thing I just took German provinces, eh? :)

Laughing my ass off here, guess this low Infamy business really is a new experience for you :p

I actually don't think you should receive an infamy discount for any CB you use, other than Reconquest. To me, Infamy represents the 'balance of power'; no matter how legit your claim is to the land, other nations may freak out about you growing too powerful and will band against you to stop it.

I'm still wondering when the conflict with Austria will break out. Do you foresee peace with them for some time?

They're HRE - if I tried to take them alone right now, they'd have roughly a 4-1 advantage. Not being a completely pimped out Prussia, I can't beat that.

Slight delay

There may be a lull of a couple more days before an update. I've played only a little past the last update, and I'll be cleaning the next couple of days in preparation for the tech from AT&T to come install Uverse (IPTV/VOIP). Apparently, they actually need to be able to get to various jacks. I don't see why they can't send someone thin enough to fit between bookshelf and wall...

Hey naggy!

I don't normally follow EUIII AARs but this one's a goody! Anything that explains to me how EUIII works is always welcome, as I own this game but have never got round to playing it yet!

Keep up the good work!

Iain

Prawnstar: Low infamy just means it's time to go take some more provinces. I'm pretty sure Johan described it as "a measure of how many more provinces your neighbors want to give you".

Duke of Wellington: I'm stalling. As long as they are HRE and/or I don't have a CB, I'm not going to do anything for now. There are much better targets.

Like what? What can you do that'd get you excommunicated?

You have to be Catholic and have less than 100 relations with the pope. After that, you're always in danger of being excommunicated by anyone that feels you're a rival, threat, look funny...

lordkestrel: Probably not. I'd have to move my capital and culture shift, which is more stability than I care to burn at this point.

Iain Wilson: Thank you!

Chapter 15: Go West, young man!

Let's start this chapter off with some utter trading domination.
h14bavarialeavesleague.png

Or not. Of course, it's nice to own most of the trade in Central Europe.
h14trade1470.png

April 15: Thuringia leaves the league.

May 25: To show off my prowess in war planning, we get a White Peace with Sweden because I got distracted and forgot to invade. Whoopsie!

May 27: With peace with Sweden, we get our mission. We also get some other good news!
h14swedenaustria.png

Our new mission: Subjugate Bremen. This will have to wait.

July 31: Agricultural Revolution in Livland. Always take the tax + gold - manpower gets cheap.

September 1: A Portuguese ship goes by the Ashanti, so I DoW before Portugal can. Ashanti is quickly annexed and a fort built.
h14dowashanti.png

November 1: A 2* Collector shows up in Venice. +2 TE is better than the crap I have now.

February 15, 1471: Boundary Dispute gives me a core on Plock, Poland.

August 26: The TO leaves the league.

September: After months of sailing around in circles, I finally uncover the Mega-Shawnee (they have eaten the Creek and Cherokee).

April 11, 1472: Burgundy gets a death wish. Unfortuately, I can't do anything about it, since Portugal is allied to Burgundy, and I'm using Military Access with Portugal via the Azores in my attack on the Shawnee.
h14burgundyvfrance.png

I get my first missionary! Woohoo! Only took 73 years...We send him off to the Kongo.
h14missionary.png

May: France's king dies, and their excommunication goes away.

June 8: Election time! This guy has a thing about 3's.
h14kurt.png

August 8: France takes Savoie from Savoy.

August 31: With all our pieces in place, we declare war on the Shawnee. Since we're currently running a deficit, we have to do this the cheap way, with 8000 men. In HTTT, the tech difference is even larger, since there is a tactics bonus at LT 2 (which the Shawnee don't have).
h14dowshawnee.png

October 2: Mutapa peaces out with us from the war with the Ashanti.

October 21: Austria breaks our Wine Trade Rights treaty. It was really just a matter of time.

December 17: After splitting my army in half to cover ground and find the Shawnee, half my army (the half with no general, of course) runs right into them. 5:1 odds, 5:1 casualties. Too bad for the Shawnee, they got all the casualties.
h14bofyamasee.png

December 23: Brabant declares war on Burgundy. Poor choice, as...

March 6, 1473: France white peaces with Burgundy.

March 8: Kurland gets a trade station.

April 1: The army reforms to crush the Shawnee.
h14bofmuskogee.png

May 1: Stability returns to 3.

May 6: Land reform in Venice. I get .25 magistrates/yr as a Merchant Republic.

June 15: Pisa is excommunicated. Milan immediately attacks.

October 31: The final battle of the Shawnee campaign results in the wipeout of their army.

November 4: Brabant is forced to cede Limburg to Burgundy.

December 7: Austria DoW's Hungary with no CB. Sometimes I seriously wonder why the AI picks targets with no CB.

April 9, 1474: Burgundy revokes Austria's excommunication. The AI is much better about revoking excommunication of allies.

June 1: Shawnee is annexed for 1.6 infamy (5 infamy for pagan * 20% for Colonial Conquest). Now the task begins of building forts while holding off rebels.
h14annexshawnee.png

July 1: Memel and Samogitia core.

July 8: We pass a couple of acts:
h14navact.png
h14houseoftrade.png

July 11: Corsica joins in an alliance, as our Vassal.

August 25: Austria force-annexes Bavaria in their war with Hungary, taking the full 8 infamy.

October 13: Pisa is vassalized by Milan. We cancel our alliance with Bremen.

November 13: Modena is vassalized by Milan. Sardinia is released and joins our league.

November 16: As we prepare to declare war on Bremen...or not. Being in Austria's sphere of influence makes this not worth a free vassalization and -2 infamy, since the war with Austria would be brutal, especially with my armies so spread out and my high RR from all my recent conquests. I should have put them in my sphere of influence, which would prevent anyone from allying with them or guaranteeing them without getting a CB with me. C'est la vie.
h14dowbremen.png