• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A colonizing Hansa sounds cool. :cool:
Great update. :)

Trying to stop anyone else from gaining a foothold in the new world?

I don't care so much about footholds, however, nabbing the pagans prevents them from getting provinces with 10000+ people that I can't assimilate via decision once I take them.

With that massive conquest you are now pretty much set to dominate the interior of North America. If you start colonizing, you could snatch up HUGE swathes of the continent before others start stealing it

Duke of Wellington: I can't reach anything in NA yet. First thing I'll be able to hit is Newfoundland.

JDMS: Yup!

History_Buff: I can't outcolonize the Iberians, and I can't isolate them to beat them up yet.

morningSIDEr: That is my fav song from Fallout 3. Almost all the GNR songs are really good at setting the theme for that game.

Maybe we should demand country-specific radio stations in EU4, a la FO3's stations. The more you conquer, the more you can listen to. :)

Maybe we should demand country-specific radio stations in EU4, a la FO3's stations. The more you conquer, the more you can listen to. :)

Sounds great! And I didn't think the game could get much better. . :)

Chapter 16: Burning Infamy

November 16, 1474: We cancel our mission to Vassalize Bremen. Instead, we should fortify Ohio to gain 1 army tradition and 6 whole manpower.

December 10: Baden and Cleves declare independence from the Palatinate. Milan cedes Verona to Austria.

March 16, 1475: Boundary dispute gives a core on Lombardia.

May 1: Sardinia leaves the trade league.

June 9: Sweden leaves the league. Of all the recent departures, this one actually hurts, since Northern Sweden switches to Novgorod.

July 27: Poland breaks our Grain trade rights.

August 1: A 6* Philosopher shows up in Danzig, so we hire them.

December 3: The fort in Ohio completes. Our new mission is to improve relations with Silesia. Like it's worth bribing 100+ relations with a TPM.

Interlude: Rebels. Rebels. Rebels. I have 8000 men doing nothing but running around America killing rebels or standing guard while forts are built.

June 6, 1476: Election time. Oooooh!
h15florian.png

August 27: Austria inherits Holland.

July 25: Pennyrile gets a trade station. So...please explain why the first trade station in America is in the middle of Ohio?

How to get pwned in one easy step...
h15palatinate.png

January 1, 1477: I add Brandenburg, Luneburg, Magdeburg, Hesse, and Brunswick to my sphere of influence. It occurred to me to prepare ahead of time for those nice Subjugation missions.

April 9, 1478: The Swedes decide to use Swedish Steel. Before, they were using Swedish Balsa wood, but it took almost a century to figure out that wasn't such a hot idea.

July 1: Government 11, and a new Idea! We pick Patron of the Arts so that I can get some cultural tradition, and to give me easy Innovative/Narrowminded slider moves. IMHO, the cultural tradition aspect makes PotA better in HttT than in IN.
h15pota.png

A quick world map. Portugal has started some colonizing, and Castille is still going after relatively worthless African dirt holes. That light green blob in Africa? Tripoli, with a colony.

August 18: Portugal establishes a House of Trade. The House of Blues is better. Hrm...need to mod that mission in...
House of Blues
Requires Patron of the Arts, +20 prestige, Innovative 3+
+1 cultural tradition/yr
+.25 RR

September 20: Alabama gets a Trade Station. It trades in Pabst Blue Ribbon, old hubcaps, cotton, and redneck jokes.

November 1: The Mamluks go bankrupt. This starts happening frequently.

January 10, 1479: France annexes Trier, getting 2 CoTs.

February 6: Scotland excommunicates England.

September 1: Naval 9: Blockades.

February 2, 1480: Enact Settlement Policy in Venice. This cripples my magistrates for a while. We also send a missionary to Muskogee.

Sometimes, 1% compete chance is generous...
h15compete.png

March 5: Slider move to Narrowminded. We get Heresy in Venice. Shit.

May 5: We cancel our mission to improve relations with Silesia. Instead...
h15destabengland.png

Meh. Oh wait...I get 1000 ducats? UNLEASH THE HOUNDS!
h15destabengland2.png

June 23: Muscowy gets a PU with Georgia.

July 5: Mission complete.
h15destabengland3.png

Next mission, is a bugged one, since it immediately completes twice. It's supposed to get me to raise my tariff efficiency. I keep getting 2 free colonists and +2 Naval Tradition.
h15maintainroutes.png

Next: Improve our prestige (to 10). God wants us to kick someone's ass, apparently.

November 20: With Free Subjects 5, I get an event about serfs. Go figure.
h15serfs.png

January 31, 1482: Bohemia gets a PU with Hungary. Not so threatening since Hungary has 2 provinces.

February 19: Scotland excommunicates Castille. I briefly consider war with them, but since Portugal is an ally, I can't really beat both of them down with what little armies I have in Europe.

July 10: Jean III of Burgundy becomes HRE.

September 1: We DoW Algiers with the Holy War CB, triggering the Crusade bonus.

January 25, 1483: After a quick landing an assault, Algiers hands us their treasury + Oran. We accept, taking 1 infamy to gain 10 prestige + 1 stability. Next mission: Raise relations with the TO. Hah.

April 1: Naval 10 lets me build Barques, which I'll need to get my Tariff Efficiency up.

July 28: For my next trick...
h15dowzapotec.png

Last edited:
Good update, though you're world map showed up as the screenshot before it. :)

Good update, though you're world map showed up as the screenshot before it. :)

Argh. I meant to hit Preview. :)

Meh. Oh wait...I get 1000 ducats? UNLEASH THE HOUNDS!

I've grown to love that mission. Very good update!

Wait...Scotland excommunicating people instead of being excommunicated? Whats going on?!

July 25: Pennyrile gets a trade station. So...please explain why the first trade station in America is in the middle of Ohio?
It's a reflection of Ohio's indomitable majesty and supreme importance in the Americas. :)

It's a reflection of Ohio's indomitable majesty and supreme importance in the Americas. :)

Are you by any chance from Ohio, my dear sir?

morningSIDEr: There are actually cardinals from Scotland. Run in fear.

Vladislav: Riiiiiiight.

blsteen: Inheritance is better when it's not inheriting an OPM.

August 15, 1483: Portugal decides to nab some of Zapotec's land too by declaring war. We need to block them off ASAP.

January 1, 1484: A 6* Army Reformer appears in Samogitia. We hire him for lack of anything better.

January 4, 1485: Milan annexes Modena as we continue beating down Zapotec. Portugal has seized the two eastern provinces, and is blocked.

April 1: Liguria and Kaffa core.

April 6: Missionary sent to Chiaha.

April 11: Zapotec is annexed. Time to build forts, whack-a-mole rebels.
h16annexzapotec.png

An updated map.

February 18, 1486: Trade station in Tuskegee.

March 20: Louis-Joseph I of Burgundy becomes HRE.

July 8: We finally finish building enough Barques for 100% Tariff Efficiency.

July 1, 1487: A 6* Military Engineer shows up in Cumberland. We hire him. 60% Defensiveness is necessary with angry Austria next door.

July 27: Leipzig gets a trade station.

June 1, 1488: Land 11: Galloglaigh Infantry.

October 8: More serf events. -1 tax in Canarias, +1 tax in Lubeck, -1 stability.

March 9, 1489: Ottomans becomes an Empire.

July 5: We cancel our mission to improve relations with the TO, and get a mission to reclaim the holy city. We start preparing to take out Songhai.

June 23, 1490: We DoW Songhai, which has eaten Mali.
h16dowsonghai.png

July 6: Boundary dispute gives us a core on Pipil against Portugal.

August 18: Burgundy calls for the Reichsregiment, and the vote passes against my vote. The magistrate boost is OK, and the -diplomat penalty isn't a big deal.
h16reichsregiment.png

September 29: Austria annexes Silesia.

January 20, 1491: A pretender for Songhai appears in a province I just took. Africa is usually a giant mess to take from pagans, given the high RR and 0 forts.

March 9: Boundary Dispute gives a core on Luneburg. Mmmm...tasty...

August 22: National Focus moves to Chiaha. This boosts the missionaries and will let us build post offices.

May 1, 1492: Fyn, Jylland, Slesvig core.

June 27: Songhai is annexed. We start building forts and barques.
h16annexsonghai.png

July: We get the Overextension triggered modifier. Crap.
h16overextension.png

December 7: After cancelling alliances and access, we DoW Luneburg via the Reconquest CB. As you can see, adding her to our sphere of influence helped...
h16dowluneburg.png

March 10, 1493: Gao gets a trade station.

March 15: Luneburg falls and is annexed.
h16annexluneburg.png

June 25: Slider move to Narrowminded. Kurland becomes Orthodox.

August 7: Agricultural Revolution. +2 base tax in Slesvig and 100 ducats.

We're now caught up, and upgrading to the newest patch.