• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
GrauerStar said:
Greetings!
What a pity! I'm not able to play that Mod (which is already great so far) because the effects of the technologies which can be developed aren't displayed. For example:
(I don't know whether this development actually exists)

"Bewegungskrieg
: +2
: -0,9%"

Yeah, and that's pretty annoying. Could somebody help ;D ?
Yes, but we do need more information from you.

Here are the effects of the tech "Bewegunskrieg":
Code:
effects = {

command = { type = max_organization which = land value = 10 }
      command = { type = morale which = land value = 10 }

command = { type = ambush value = 1 } # El atq ha sorprendido al def, inflingiendo grandes daños
      command = { type = breakthrough value = 3 } # El atq ha penetrado causando daños en org al def
      command = { type = encirclement value = 3 } # El atq ha aislado al def, este sufrirá muchas perd en fuerza
      command = { type = assault value = 1 } # Ataq fuerte, sufren más daños de lo normal, pero infligen mucho más al def

command = { type = attrition_mod value = 2 }
		command = { type = deactivate which = 6150 }
		command = { type = deactivate which = 6190 }
		command = { type = deactivate which = 6230 }
		command = { type = deactivate which = 6090 }
		command = { type = research_mod value = 0.8 }
}
What language are you playing in? This mod is available for Spanish, and also English; other languages are not supported.

@ LM+ (and anyone else who wants to help): The problem is not that little I fear. Because the "Bewegungskrieg"-thing (not "Bewegunskrieg" by the way ;) ) was just an example. EVERY technology or scientific achievement which can be chosen and developed has this bug. For example (I don't know if these technologies exist in Mod34, I just use them here to give you a better chance to understand my problem :wacko: ):

"Machine Tools '38

: +10%
: +5%" <-- Yeah, great: 10%! But what 10%? That's the problem :(

So I actually don't see the advantages (or new models or anything else) that are connected to the technologies.

I'm german by the way but play in english.

GrauerStar said:
@ LM+ (and anyone else who wants to help): The problem is not that little I fear. Because the "Bewegungskrieg"-thing (not "Bewegunskrieg" by the way ;) ) was just an example. EVERY technology or scientific achievement which can be chosen and developed has this bug. For example (I don't know if these technologies exist in Mod34, I just use them here to give you a better chance to understand my problem :wacko: ):

"Machine Tools '38

: +10%
: +5%" <-- Yeah, great: 10%! But what 10%? That's the problem :(

So I actually don't see the advantages (or new models or anything else) that are connected to the technologies.

I'm german by the way but play in english.

That sure sounds like a bad install (in one way or another); both those techs display fine for me (in English ... translation oddities notwithstanding). I'd try an uninstall/reinstall.

And yes, this mod badly needs a forum of it's own.

And this mod is not the only one which needs its own Forum (with Subforums - just like 1914 or Stony Road). Besides T.H.E Mod needed one, Mod33, Kaiserreich and others - clearly the big ones. Couldn't that be arranged?

Anyway, thanks for your help! I'll try to reinstall.

GrauerStar said:
Because the "Bewegungskrieg"-thing (not "Bewegunskrieg" by the way ;) )
Since you're German and would know, I'm sure that quintelosky would appreciate your giving him a list of any misspelled or otherwise mistaken German words you come across. He'd be especially thankful if you tell him the file each mistake is in, so he doesn't have to look around to find it.

(Missing tech effects covered by JohnnyBear; please do let us know if the problem doesn't go away after a complete reinstall.)

Last edited:
rook749 said:
I don't mind how the are now, but you should only get them once your at war - not durning the build up to war. This would help the German AI at the Start Vs the Russian AI as well as the German AI vs a Human Russion.

Rook

I could live with that. Some adjustments might be needed to the rate. The hard part is when do you start them? What happens if things go non historical?

Is progress being made on all three versions of HoI 2? Or it primarily limited to Arm?

Well, this is the only HOI II mod I'll play besides 1914.... So I'll bug report :D

Poland in 1938 (current version) has open society, free market and standing army at full swing. Shouldn't that be the other way around?

And did this mod once start on October, 15th 1938?

Because I saw in the notepads the domestic sliders cannot be changed in the 1938 scenario, until that date. (which I saw in game as well).

Still obsessed, perhaps a little late, with Mod 34...

i`m playing Turkey and i added some Cores from Balkans, North Africa and Middle East. after i joined the allies, France and UK gave all my cores back (five provinces at most at every turn) and it made pointless adding those cores and blocked my strategies to capture them with my own power :mad:

i`m not sure, is such a thing included in vanilla?

also some events kill minors' economy such as: "for +2 industry to somewhere, -20000 energy, -15000 metal, -10000 rares and - 5000 oil". i think it would be better if it will be proportional with the amount of your reserves.

and at last, this mod rocks , very good work guys. i hope you will improve this in a close time

harezmi said:
i`m playing Turkey and i added some Cores from Balkans, North Africa and Middle East. after i joined the allies, France and UK gave all my cores back (five provinces at most at every turn) and it made pointless adding those cores and blocked my strategies to capture them with my own power :mad:

i`m not sure, is such a thing included in vanilla?

also some events kill minors' economy such as: "for +2 industry to somewhere, -20000 energy, -15000 metal, -10000 rares and - 5000 oil". i think it would be better if it will be proportional with the amount of your reserves.

and at last, this mod rocks , very good work guys. i hope you will improve this in a close time
this is common behavior. if you have good relations with you allies and they own your cores which aren't their cores they offer them to you.
the part with resources is on spot. i had the same feeling with industrial technologies. the absolute number of resources is too small for majors to mean anything, but for minors it is like endless supply comming with single tech. there should me more ephasis on relative addition

Yep, the very same thing will happen in vanilla if you give cores to yourself, your allies will give them to you. The most commonly observed example is gungxi giving cores to the communists.

harezmi said:

What I suggest is that you give your self the cores by events. Have the events triggered by your conquering the provinces.

I must say that it is the best HOI 2 mod I have ever played. Many many thanks to the moders for the good and full of new ideas mod. But I can report a bug.
I played as USA and after D-day in germany the event: germany surrenders fired and right after i push the only option in the event ( victory) suddenly the game crashes and it happened several times until my patient has run out and I finished that game and started a new one . :)

after playing around as germany and got to know the techtree, i managed to stay around 200% research and my first superheavy carriers with turbojet cags researched (would need upgradeing) rolled out in '41.

I suggest to add some more prereqs techs to turbojet CAGs other then the avanced cag tech, semimodern fighter + advanced CAS maybe or even the turbojet versions, which does not need anything other then "airforce planing spec" and "(advanced) Materials"

The jetengine was tough to research, but with 5 rocket testsides, doable ...

I also noticed you can research all ships once you get to "Material" industry tech which puts "semimodern" ships at a low tech req.
I asume USA could pull it off to only build semimodern ships at around '40-'41...

I also got a little problem with France haveing heavy tank divisons or rather tank divisions in general.

NOONE but germany had tank dvision til the french invasion was over and the allies rethought thier armored aproach.
common problem with most Mods so i cannot blame anyone...
Just not historical...

France and the UK had the tanks in small groups with the infantry , sort of as a attachment rather then a division formation pre '40. USSR had the same aproach first...
they had 20000 tanks scattered all over the army while the Germans had 7800 tanks in divisions concetrated in 'amored' corps in '41

Germany didnt really build a lot of tanks either, they had the czech tanks (pz 35(t) ) the czech design pz38(t) some PzIII/Pz IV and the rest was Pz I and Pz II when they invaded Poland. At that time it was a 2 regiment tank, 1 regiment motorized division.

Only after poland the bosses saw the potential of the tanks...

I suggest some limiting events ...

A) France only gets tank attachments ( in the event they survive 1940 they should be able to build divisions then, if they fought the germans)

B) UK get tank attachments , only after 'vichyfrance' fired they can build divisons or at the end of 1940, whichever comes first

C) USSR can only build tank divisions after 1940 but they should start with a lot of light tank brigades (the main tank was the T26 prewar)

D) USA should not build any tank divisions befor entering the war

E) no tank divisions for Japan until they join the Axis or some time limit like early 1942

F) Italy... I asume they learned from the germans at some point, so no tankdivisions til war/joining axis

G) Armored division building option for germany after the "Sudetenland" event and the 3 divisions they had put in by a event maybe? (Pz I's)

Szun

Last edited:
Szun said:
I suggest to add some more prereqs techs to turbojet CAGs other then the avanced cag tech, semimodern fighter + advanced CAS maybe or even the turbojet versions, which does not need anything other then "airforce planing spec" and "(advanced) Materials"
Szun

I would agree with this.

Szun said:
A) France only gets tank attachments ( in the event they survive 1940 they should be able to build divisions then, if they fought the germans)

B) UK get tank attachments , only after 'vichyfrance' fired they can build divisons or at the end of 1940, whichever comes first
Szun

I agree with your thoughts here but to keep it simple I would lock the tank divisons for every nation until that nation is at war. However, I would have German given three or four tank divisions (at a cost of full manpower and 500 supplies) when the end of Check event fires.

Szun said:
C) USSR can only build tank divisions after 1940 but they should start with a lot of light tank brigades (the main tank was the T26 prewar)
Szun

I would unlock the USSR armor units before they are at war (sometime after the end of the Purges?)

Szun said:
D) USA should not build any tank divisions befor entering the war
Szun

The US Started to build Armor Divisions in 1940 (http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/army/unit/docs/xxi/appxa.htm). I really think that the US should be limited to building units only via Event unit December of 1941 (LAND, SEA and AIR) but that is an entire different discussion.