• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I need help...

After I installed "mod34_v040.zip" and the extra files i got in the game no Events and no techs:

My techs dont have a name the events dont got a name, a text and a real answer text, all unkown string wanted. Maybe this problem is often postet, but need fast help! :( :confused:

thanks

what are your language settings? the lack of names reminds me of playing an early version of armageddon on german. afaik, mod 34 only has texts for english and spanish

I was thinking of trying this Mod out. Does it work on Arma 1.2?

Cheers

:D

I was playing as League of nations, and at the event regarding the asatination of Alexander I, king of Yugoslavia, I chose "Hungarz did it" and the following happened:
Yug DOW Hun (via event)
Ita DOW Yug
Ger DOW Ita
Aus DOW Yug
Tur DOW Aus
Rom DOW Hun
Gre DOW Aus
Tur DOW Hun
Englan :confused: DOW Tur
Yug DOW england (allies)
Eng DOW Ger

of course, many countries can't reach each other, but what a hell..

to make it short:
Yugoslavia DOWed Hungary
so the allies of HUG joined in (ITA and Aus)
than the small entante moved in (Rom, Tur, Grece)
the axis DOWed Italy :confused:
and the allies DOWed the small entante and axis

anyway Bulgary is still neutral

Last edited:
May be a bug?

Im playing SOV with Mod34 v0.40

In '35, there is an event Franco-soviet agreement.
If I accept it, there is a 2% dissent.
It seems strange as there is also dissent if I refuse it and accepting it seems to be historical.

ROMANU said:
I was playing as League of nations, and at the event regarding the asatination of Alexander I, king of Yugoslavia, I chose "Hungarz did it" and the following happened:>>

I did the same thing. But don't worry about it. Once the Yugoslavia-Hungary war ends, all nations make peace.

alan_le_cowboy said:
Im playing SOV with Mod34 v0.40

In '35, there is an event Franco-soviet agreement.
If I accept it, there is a 2% dissent.
It seems strange as there is also dissent if I refuse it and accepting it seems to be historical.

Maybe it has something to do with the leaders of the workers accepting a big deal with the capitalist pigs ;)

Last version of Mod34. Game is in 3/3 regime (i am Italy).

Germany didn't annex Austria in 1938, only ally it. In spring of 1939 Germany didn't occupate czech (but Hitler got Memel and Sudetens).
I don't know was it connected or not, but on 30.08.1939 Germany didn't attack Poland, it had no any event about it (23.08.1939 Molotov-Ribentrop Pact was signed). Even USSR had no winter war - Finland gave away Vyborg instead of Petrozavodsk.

Will Germany or other country start BIG WAR soon or i will be the only agressor? May be some event or AI settings? (too lazy to check mod events ;) )

Thanks for answer.

Playing an MP game with a friend as Finland and Sweden and we decided to load up as USSR to see what we would be facing in the winter war and to our amazement they are building nothing but IC! is this normal in MOD34?

By the time we got to the winter war they had over 520 base IC and nearly 1100 effective IC :eek: :eek: :eek:

EDIT: The mod works fine with ARMA 1.2

Last edited:
Digoo said:
Last version of Mod34. Game is in 3/3 regime (i am Italy).

Germany didn't annex Austria in 1938, only ally it. In spring of 1939 Germany didn't occupate czech (but Hitler got Memel and Sudetens).
I don't know was it connected or not, but on 30.08.1939 Germany didn't attack Poland, it had no any event about it (23.08.1939 Molotov-Ribentrop Pact was signed). Even USSR had no winter war - Finland gave away Vyborg instead of Petrozavodsk.

Will Germany or other country start BIG WAR soon or i will be the only agressor? May be some event or AI settings? (too lazy to check mod events ;) )

Thanks for answer.
None of this has anything to do with the Mod. It can happen just as easily in the un-modded game. Whenever Germany honors the Munich agreement (a small random chance), then the usual lead-up to war does not happen.

If you want to start a general war... try attacking Yugoslavia. Someone will DoW you in reprisal, and Germany will DoW them, and the UK will DoW Germany... and so on.

blue emu said:
None of this has anything to do with the Mod. It can happen just as easily in the un-modded game. Whenever Germany honors the Munich agreement (a small random chance), then the usual lead-up to war does not happen.

If you want to start a general war... try attacking Yugoslavia. Someone will DoW you in reprisal, and Germany will DoW them, and the UK will DoW Germany... and so on.
I hoped Germany would fight as ussual while i am sitting alone. So, no other event about Hitler's ambitions in Europe to start new Great War. It's a pity ;(

russ555 said:
Playing an MP game with a friend as Finland and Sweden and we decided to load up as USSR to see what we would be facing in the winter war and to our amazement they are building nothing but IC! is this normal in MOD34?

By the time we got to the winter war they had over 520 base IC and nearly 1100 effective IC :eek: :eek: :eek:

EDIT: The mod works fine with ARMA 1.2

USSR is clearly overpowered IC-wise. Very overpowered. Not only the base, but also the add-ons (lime ministers and so on).

But USSR is also riddled with a completly useless naval build program, that makes it kinda boring to play with (not that much fun deleting all those useless subs that pop up).

Monarch1st said:
Does it still work with DD 1.3a? I haven't upgraded to DDA yet...
The Great Duck said:
Cool! Thanks. I installed it, and looked it over and it seems just as well-done as everyone has said. Great Job! I'm very impressed.
When I got to technology, I was drooling in anticipation. This is what I was looking forward to, the main draw for me. But then I looked further and Holy Cow! it's complicated.
Is there an overview somewhere, general guidelines that tells what all the consequences of each new selection are? What your first choices are, if you want to go this way, what you choose second, etc.
Liberal economy vs marxist vs militarist? war way vs peace way? what do these mean down the road?