• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Shonison said:
ROMANU said:
I was playing as League of nations, and at the event regarding the asatination of Alexander I, king of Yugoslavia, I chose "Hungarz did it" and the following happened:>>

I did the same thing. But don't worry about it. Once the Yugoslavia-Hungary war ends, all nations make peace.
Yes, but they don't lose the Belligerence they gained from all of those DoWs. When it happened to me Germany was at 50+ by the time the peace event fired (the Allies hadn't joined in at this point). 2 weeks after the peace event France declared War on Germany.

Monarch1st said:
Is there an overview somewhere, general guidelines that tells what all the consequences of each new selection are? What your first choices are, if you want to go this way, what you choose second, etc.
Liberal economy vs marxist vs militarist? war way vs peace way? what do these mean down the road?
One answer: "Half the fun is finding out. Do you really want to be spoiled?"

Another answer: "Use 'Tecnoflechas.exe' in the main Mod34 directory to examine tech requirements. Makes things a LOT clearer."

alan_le_cowboy said:
Some land doctrines (for example Operational Level Doctrine) gives : "gets skill 4".

What does it mean?

Is that mean than before, general skill is capped at 3?
It means "a randomly chosen Leader" gets skill 4.

blue emu said:
It means "a randomly chosen Leader" gets skill 4.
i looked in the tech file, but still have two questions.
does it mean that any leader, even some absolutely uknown lvl. 1 mj. general sky rockets to lvl. 4?
can it also cause the loss of skill when lvl. 5 leader is randomly selected?

Ally Plans

I just started playing the mod and I noticed the -checking the ally plans- thing. What can you really see?

Ally Plans

I just started playing the mod and I noticed the -checking the ally plans- thing. What can you really see?

okay, I played with Romania for 5 years (34-39) and I have some suggestions/observations:
1- the tech tree is awseome... really nice job, I think the best part of the mod... I suggest that any nation would get blueprints for techs that are really outdated because the knowlege of the world advances in all dirrections
2- the event, at the beggining of the game "industrial planning" is nice but nations that chose "major development" have a huge advantage over those that don't, I havn't looked at the event it's self but I guess is a 25% chance for each :confused: ... the idea is that in 34 romania had 30 IC and Hungary had 18 and 5 years later Romania had 40IC and Hun had 32IC :confused: that's kinda weird... and had the same ammount of troops (historically, hungary, at that time, had less than half of romania's population, needless to say about resources and IC)
3- thare's a lot of work needed for historical events, too few

Free special units

If i looked well, special units are given freely (no IC, no MP, no supplies).

I would prefer:
- either event giving choice to accept or not these troops against a cost
- either possibility to build them as other units.

Any point of view?

NAM said:

My understanding is that you will receive a message when allied AI will swith its AI file.

For example, if you are USA allied with UK and UK activates "Battle of Britain" Ai after fall of FRA, you will be warned.

Does anybody know, what decides whether I get Z-Plan with Germany? IIRC I had it only once in those three GC I played(one of them was "light").

And when is it supposed to start? In other words: when will I know it won't happen anymore, so that I have to build more ships on my own.

i ancountered some quite serious problem in my first moddified game as Italy. i started the war with Ethiopia and the embargo events fired...ok, expected this...but the war is long over, my relations with soviets quite good (around 0) and i am still unable to offer any trade which they will accept (i don't count offers like 100 of my supplies for their 5 metal). and no other nation has the capacity to fullfil my raw material needs. is this supposed to happen or is this some kind of bug? and if thas is WAD, what should i do? i mean i am unable to keep running like this

alan_le_cowboy said:
My understanding is that you will receive a message when allied AI will swith its AI file.

For example, if you are USA allied with UK and UK activates "Battle of Britain" Ai after fall of FRA, you will be warned.

Thanks.

alan_le_cowboy said:
If i looked well, special units are given freely (no IC, no MP, no supplies).

I would prefer:
- either event giving choice to accept or not these troops against a cost
- either possibility to build them as other units.

Any point of view?
i think they are ok as they are. the number of units you get is dependant on the army-size and therefore costs manpower and IC

Pfalzgraf said:
Does anybody know, what decides whether I get Z-Plan with Germany? IIRC I had it only once in those three GC I played(one of them was "light").

And when is it supposed to start? In other words: when will I know it won't happen anymore, so that I have to build more ships on my own.

The trigger seems to be a British event (Naval Treaty) on June 18, 1935 that triggers the actual plan Z cascade. It requires Germany not to be at war on that date. Note that there is a 15% chance that the AI British will not make the right choice ("There is not agreement" is the bad one for Germany.)

Seems odd to put the chance of it not triggering that high, both in terms of "wrecking" a SP game (yeah, reloading's not that big a deal, if you have a convenient save and know this), but also in terms of the historical outcome for an AI Germany. [In the actual event, AI goes 60% sub fleet, 35% combined fleet, 5% nevermind.]

JohnnyBear said:
The trigger seems to be a British event (Naval Treaty) on June 18, 1935 that triggers the actual plan Z cascade. It requires Germany not to be at war on that date. Note that there is a 15% chance that the AI British will not make the right choice ("There is not agreement" is the bad one for Germany.)
Thanks! That helps a lot.

I think the special units should be changed.Historically Waffen-SS didn't exist until the war started,and I think it would be nice to rework the events so they appear like they did historically,like in TRP or CORE.

The Great Duck said:
I think the special units should be changed.Historically Waffen-SS didn't exist until the war started,and I think it would be nice to rework the events so they appear like they did historically,like in TRP or CORE.

I prefer them like they are. With them keyed to what you build you have far more say on how many you get. If the are set like in TRP or CORE then you might get a lot more or a lot less in relative numbers to your actual army.

Garmorn said:
I prefer them like they are. With them keyed to what you build you have far more say on how many you get. If the are set like in TRP or CORE then you might get a lot more or a lot less in relative numbers to your actual army.

I don't mind how the are now, but you should only get them once your at war - not durning the build up to war. This would help the German AI at the Start Vs the Russian AI as well as the German AI vs a Human Russion.

Rook

Oh Dear

Greetings!
What a pity! I'm not able to play that Mod (which is already great so far) because the effects of the technologies which can be developed aren't displayed. For example:
(I don't know whether this development actually exists)

"Bewegungskrieg
: +2
: -0,9%"

Yeah, and that's pretty annoying. Could somebody help ;D ?

All in All a well made and unique mod..my thx for all the work!

I got only a few small complains that arent really gamebreaking:

Spanish-> english translation, most texts I need to read at least twice befor i think i understand the meaning, that is no big deal tho, since i know most of the time what should happen at that time

Some technames, particular the german ones make me smile sometimes (i am german btw) for example: in air doctrine tech screen its called "Schege Musik", in the underline text its "Schaege Musik" but i think its called "schraege Musik"
again not gamebreaking..just funny:D

an other small issue i got with heavy tank nameing, the german "prototype" heavy is tiger it should be "Neubaufahrzeug" PZ VIa (historicly correct heavy prototype study around '38)
the 88mm tank should be Tiger PZ VIE.. because the SHT brigade is the same name
and move up fromt there

for easier use just call the tanks not by the ammo type but early basic improved advanced etc and only go with ammos in the gun section

small things like that is all i found at the moment

Szun