• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry to trouble you with another question.

Still playing CZE. The allies have joined CZE (as I believe the Czech Generals argued at the time that they would, if CZE could demonstrate a viable defence for a few weeks) but France is still just sitting on its border (fair enough) and UK is just conducting bombing raids. Poland has joined the struggle and we are holding a line against the German advance. Actually much of Poland has gone, but still holding Cracow and a line throgh Brest-Litovsk to Lida and have gained Vienna, Breslau and Oppeln. when all of a sudden in August 39 the Ribbentrop-Molotov kicks in and Eastern Poland has been summarily annexed despite active troops there (many under CZE command). Should not the Ribbentrop-Molotov be switched off if the progress is ahistorical? E.g. If CZE rejects Munich as in this case?

Does it make sense if there is a viable military presence in the area?

I've been playing this and have really enjoyed the tech tree and events.

However there are some issues.
1) Japan just destroys China way way too quickly. I think I found part of the problem in that in the ai files there are some build_division commands for motorised divisions and self propelled artillery. Japan doesn't even have the techs for those units.

2) early war SS divisions are way too powerful. While motorized they were armed with captured weapons and plagued with poor leadership. At best they should be motorized 0 divisions with 0 experience and org and morale penalties. The softness is also way too low. Also 1SS was not expanded to divisional status until late 42 so it shouldn't be in the game until then. IIRC 7th SS is made a mechanized division but was actually a mountain division. A re-think of the way the SS are modeled is called for as it currently doesn't reflect reality.

3) there is a problem in the Egypt/England event chain. I don't think Egypt actually gives the UK military access. In any case the Alexandria fleet starves.

4) the IC cost for the gibraltar fortifications (-1 in Manchester) is never restored when the forts are done.

5) The out of Supply penalty of -60% is too high. I think paradox got it right with -20%.

6) Attrition is too high. I've noticed that out of supply fleets lose several % strength in a few days while rebasing. That's just wrong as ships carried months of supply. I think this is why the entire Italian battleship fleet disappeared in one of my games. They weren't sunk, they just weren't there anymore.

7) In general the axis economies are overpowered. They get too many IC with no resource issues at all.

I like this mod very much. However, playing as the US, I have a major problem with the models for air and naval units, with most displaying another unit (eg: naval bomber tells me it's an interceptor, destroyer tells me it's a carrier). How can I fix this?

EDIT: in addition to this, the mod always seems to crash one hour after Admiral Darlan cedes part of Vichy North Africa to the US.

Last edited:
Love the mod.

If I want to add an event for Germany, which file do I do that in? Of the many folders and subfolders of events in the db folder, which file(s) are the events that are used in the game?

Thanks for your help.

[Later Edit:] Okay, after a bit more trial and error, I found that a working location to make changes in events and the related text files can be found at:

\Paradox Interactive\Doomsday\db\events_34\Eventos_mod34\ger_34.txt
\Paradox Interactive\Doomsday\config\modtext.csv

Last edited:
Still playing this mod, AND LOVING IT!

Now, with 2 kids, career, mortgage and stuff, some 5 years after getting the game, it STILL rocks!

Thanks Paradox and Quitelovsky (?).

And for the collector, I usually go with lassiez d'affair.

/Bananas