• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sjukov said:
Just becouse everybody isnt as bad as you swedes to hunt submarines, doesnt mean that you cannot invent torpedoes that goes 20km you know :)
well to be precise, it is not about torpedoes. the prewar ones had max range around 15 km. it is all problem of aiming. you need trigonometry to do this and without guided torpedoes you can't aim at longer distance then 3 km and hit something. ideal range was between 1,5 and 2 km. and hitting destroyer is always the trickiest part. small and agile ship, you know...

Sjukov said:
Just becouse everybody isnt as bad as you swedes to hunt submarines, doesnt mean that you cannot invent torpedoes that goes 20km you know :)

Alright, how about destroyers with depth charges ranging 18km then? :p

Anyway the point is that most battles were fought between 0-5km not ranging from 15-20km with both parts flinging longshots at distance targets like the naval engine seems to love doing :p

telesien said:
well to be precise, it is not about torpedoes. the prewar ones had max range around 15 km. it is all problem of aiming. you need trigonometry to do this and without guided torpedoes you can't aim at longer distance then 3 km and hit something. ideal range was between 1,5 and 2 km. and hitting destroyer is always the trickiest part. small and agile ship, you know...

I know. I was just having fun with him, becouse he is swedish (and Im norwegian). Our countries have this friendly rivalry you see*. We are like the US and Canada in way.

*As long as we keep winning in cross-country skiing we won't invade. Honest!

CTD when returning provinces to vichy

Hi all. im playing doomsday 1.3a with mod34_v040 and no-timelimit patch.
No other cheats, patches or mods enabled and installed.

playing germany 36 GC (not light version)

the game will ALWAYS CTD if i try to save after having returned the provinces to vichy.

I can save after picking the vichy option, but not after having pressed the ok button in the popup windows that informs me of the return of the provinces a few days later. It doesnt matter how far after the event i save. it can be 1 day or several months. it alyways CTD :(

anyone know whats going on? or how i can avoid this withouth not picking the vichy option?

any and all suggestions welcome.

nappy

Danzig

In my current game Poland never got Danzig. The League of Nations still owns it. Will Danzig or War! still accrue, is there a different chain of events or will I have to attack the League of nations? :confused: By the way you don't have to tell me what the events are just if there is one or more that covers this. :cool:

The time is currently July 1, 39 and I don't want to mess up the event chains. :(

I've just installed this onto my copy of Armageddon and it looks great :) The tech tree is pretty overwhelming and I don't have a clue even how to get greater ton battleships, as their option to research it appears to be greyed out. lol

Looks good though, I will dive in and see what its all about :)

Great work though.

telesien said:
can it also cause the loss of skill when lvl. 5 leader is randomly selected?

Anyone know the answer for this ?

Hola! Wanted to point out a possible bug:

Released Indonesia as Japan March 1935, Indonesia has no leaders.

Can anyone tell me how you can progress in your research? I've researched basic fighter, and would like to try and research average fighter....but it doesn't seemt to want to let me. Average fighter tech is in a dark gray bar.

Can anyone explain?

ddiplock said:
Can anyone tell me how you can progress in your research? I've researched basic fighter, and would like to try and research average fighter....but it doesn't seemt to want to let me. Average fighter tech is in a dark gray bar.

Can anyone explain?

You need to research Materials (Industry) & Basic Fighter (Aircraft).
Check you start menu folder for MOD 34, there is a tech tree in there. It shows you all the requirements for each tech more clearly than ingame. Cheers!

Sjukov said:
Could you tell us the name of that file?

Start - All programs - Mod34 - utilities - tech guide