• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ontohoed said:
how?

(sorry, i'm new to play a mod.... :) )

What is that link in your sig? One of those shoot em up WWII games?

To install Mod 34:

Make a second install of DD.

Run the Mod 34 self extractor and direct it towards your second installation of DD. C:program Files/Paradox Interactive/Doomsday - copy

When it asks you if you want to "parche" the exe, say yes. This will allow you to play before 1936.

That's it. Your shortcut for mod 34 will be on your desktop.

Do the techs that add soft attack, etc to units still work in Arma? I'd heard that there was something about Arma that made those sorts of things impossible.

I can see why some people are suggesting you will need to play several "test games" before you get into the swing of how Mod34 works, but this is down to the tech tree.

I've been making extensive use of the tech guide to see what I need to get the things I need, and I've noticed there are now about 5 different techs I need to research improved fighters to get the Messershmit fighter for Germany. Its October 1937, and at this rate, i'll be lucky to have any bloomin decent planes in the sky when it comes to knock knock knocking on Polands door :rofl: lol. I might just have to hope my masses of highly trained infantry and massed heavy artillery is enough to kick the door in ;)

Has been good so far though, should be interesting to see how things pan out.

AI beach defense

I have played some games with Mod34 0.40.

I have noticed that AI has problems to defend beaches.
It is the same problem with JAP, USA and ENG.

AI seems to be too agressive and does not keep enough garrison to secure homeland.

alan_le_cowboy said:
I have played some games with Mod34 0.40.

I have noticed that AI has problems to defend beaches.
It is the same problem with JAP, USA and ENG.

AI seems to be too agressive and does not keep enough garrison to secure homeland.

This isn't a Mod 34 problem IMO. Seems to constantly happen in the vanilla version too. In our MP game before mod 34, I'd always have to garrison the UK as the USA, since the UK would never do it properly.

Difficulty settings

At the start of the game, we can choose difficulty.

Is it cumulative with standard difficulty of the game? Does it replace it?

In any case, what is advised to have challenging game?

Last edited:
Hi everybody !!! :)

The new 0.50 version is finished ;)

You can download in the first post of this thread or in this link:
http://www.quintelosky.com/descargas/mod34_v050.zip

Changes... a lot of changes :D

Any suggestion or error please write it in this thread

Some changes :

-New scenarios : 1933(beta) and 1936
-Correct unit values
-Correct AI units production
-Some changes in resources production
-New events
-Some graphics changes
-Changes in some technologies
-Change XP gain Factor
-The important countries have special values in units, buldings, modifiers,...
-Texts,...
-And other but i don't remember all :)

allriiiiiiiight. Can you install this ontop of your 0.40 installation?

Wenceslaus II said:
allriiiiiiiight. Can you install this ontop of your 0.40 installation?

Yes, you can install the new 0.50 version over the 0.40, and works fine :)

I don't know if the saves works

Special Units

I just started a new game and like the change with the special units. I have not played long enough to figure out the rate. (besides I decided to do with out for the test game.) It seems promising.

I have started a 1933 scenario and performance is decreasing in '39.
The game stops few seconds each day.

Its scaring as the war has not begin yet.
You really have to think about light version (and I have recent PC with good cpu / ram and i play without sprites).

Well, the new scenarios are indeed promising, especially 33. And I like how the 'clutter' of the tech tree has been reduced, it's at least now legible and I can navigate it easier.

The only thing I noticed from my few minutes of gameplay so far is, Germany in 38 scenario alot of their naval techs that are allready researched, have blueprints for them as well.

Please continue this mod. I view it as the best for HoI 2 WWII period.

amaizing, it has even my tech team pack implemented!!! i couldn't be happier :D

play with 33 scenario,but jump to 35

I can enter into 33 scenario,and the begining year was february 1 1933,but when I unpoused the game,it jumped to january 1 1935.

Please help me solve this bug.I really like to play on 1933

My game is DA1.2+mod34 0.50

thanks