• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mine 1934 says: (ai-prefs:Unexpected field) 'max_staging_distance=15' Line=1127 file=ai\ENG_1934.ai

What I have to repair in this document?

Code:
max_distance   		= 250.0  #About the distance from Japan to Batavia
max_staging_distance = 15	# How far should the staging area be from the target invasion point
distance			= 0.1	#higher = avoid long distance.

Estland said:
Mine 1934 says: (ai-prefs:Unexpected field) 'max_staging_distance=15' Line=1127 file=ai\ENG_1934.ai

What I have to repair in this document?

Code:
max_staging_distance = 15	# How far should the staging area be from the target invasion point

Hmm..

Code:

Nothing different from what I have - and I have no problems.

Gen. Skobelev said:
Did you clean up the registry also?

No... shouldnt the uninstall do that? I really dont like going in an doing reg hacks.

If you know a way to clean the registry let me know please.

Azkor said:
No... shouldnt the uninstall do that? I really dont like going in an doing reg hacks.

If you know a way to clean the registry let me know please.

Do you install the "No Time Limit"?

I've this this problem and solve installing the patch.

A) There are major problems in liberation events , currently it seems the defeat of germany triggers them , and Unfortunately most of the games germany gets beaten first mostly by soviets , so the nations after being defeated after Germany doesn't get liberated (japan or japan allied china , nationalist spain etc etc , oh and Italy )

B) could the team make more "IF nations " for nations where the player plays and wants to liberate ?

what i had in mind are

1) African union (when control all of Africa , mostly will be nationalist by Italy or liberal by UK if you play them)

2) baltic states (all of Baltic's including ,hungry / Romania / Bulgaria / Greece, mostly communist or nationalist )

3) south America alliance ( well you get the picture , mostly by american or japan or german)

4) greater china (including all of previous chinese war lords and nationist china plus communist china plus tibet and sinkang plus mongolia and muncokuo) mostly any nation who conquers or has these lands (US / SOVIETS / JAPAN)

5) middle east empire (all of the holy lands plus half side of Egypt and turkey) mostly italy

6) North America (canada +us+mexico and otehr small nations till panama)

C) hope the resource trade gets worked on in late games , currently everyone in late game has no extra resource to trade at all lOL

D) energy to oill tech not working ? even after all i researched the refine techs theres no either off map production like the Germans or converting lines in the oill resource description. ( at least it didnt work fro my Romanian game)

E) Some civil war event for US if the player plays US (could be one before WW2 and one during cold war)

Last edited:
Yeah thats why its under the IF nations XD

and i dont think its that realistic if you try to turn US into nationalist or communist is it ? XD but you can in game , so i reckon if the player dos that in game it should trigger civil war (so only user controlled US can trigger such events)

Ths US forefathers didn't just die so taht their idea of "freedom" will be changed dramatically into something else without a fight XD

Last edited:
A common cause for shortages of energy on the world market is inefficient conversion to oil. Either countries shouldn't be converting energy to oil (energy_to_oil value = 0) or they should be converting at a half-way reasonable ratio (energy_to_oil value >= 0.2).

A second cause of the trouble is the fact that Mod34's bonuses and gifts for rares are on average more powerful than those for metal, and they in turn are (on average) more powerful than those for energy. Instead of giving 1x rares, 2x metal, or 4x energy, mod34 gives:

command = { type = metalpool value = 8000 }
command = { type = energypool value = 11000 }
command = { type = rarematerialspool value = 5000 }

Or:

command = { type = add_prov_resource which = -1 value = 10 where = rare_materials } (this is good)
command = { type = add_prov_resource which = -1 value = 20 where = metal } (this is equally good)
command = { type = add_prov_resource which = -1 value = 30 where = energy } (this is not so good)

Problems

First, I recognize how much work goes into a mod like this and I want to thank the creators for their effort.
This said, I think that the tech interdependencies are not as clear as they can be, due to the MANY line in the tech tree. Unfortunately, I do not have an idea to remedy the situation.
However, I am going to shelf this mod since in the first game as Germany Austria chose to remain independent! This has only happend twice in about 100 games as Germany with other mods and vanilla. Either I am very unlucky or the mod has some probablities messed up.

kptb said:
First, I recognize how much work goes into a mod like this and I want to thank the creators for their effort.
This said, I think that the tech interdependencies are not as clear as they can be, due to the MANY line in the tech tree. Unfortunately, I do not have an idea to remedy the situation.
color-coding, perhaps, instead of having all the lines WHITE?

kptb said:
However, I am going to shelf this mod since in the first game as Germany Austria chose to remain independent! This has only happend twice in about 100 games as Germany with other mods and vanilla. Either I am very unlucky or the mod has some probablities messed up.
Pretty sure you were just unlucky... I've had a normal Anschluss in every single game, including my AAR (linked in my sig).

kptb said:

For the tech problem they have a nice program in the main mod dir called Tecnoflechas.exe. It shows the requirements clearly as possible.

I have played several games with this mod and never had Austria remain independent.

dont know if this has been asked before, but since the search button is disabled im gonna ask anyways. Does this mod work with DAIM ?

nappy

nappy said:
dont know if this has been asked before, but since the search button is disabled im gonna ask anyways. Does this mod work with DAIM ?

nappy

No. Too much changes. But don't worry, AI has been given changes by Quintelosky.

nappy said:

nappy

No. Things are to different,

They have spent a lot of time on the AI and it is as good as DAIM in my opinion.

Still having a HOI2.exe appcrash on launch of a scenario. I have completely redownloaded and installed a new copy of DD and ARMA, run the no time limit patch and still get the crash.

If anyone has any insight please let me know. I never had this problem until after I installed Mod34 :/ and I really like Mod34.

Azkor said:
Still having a HOI2.exe appcrash on launch of a scenario. I have completely redownloaded and installed a new copy of DD and ARMA, run the no time limit patch and still get the crash.

If anyone has any insight please let me know. I never had this problem until after I installed Mod34 :/ and I really like Mod34.

Have you download a new copy if the Mod? It might be a corrupted file in your copy of the Mod. Not for sure but I had a copy of the No time limit patch that broke my version.

Azkor said:

^---receiving same error as this.

Garmorn said:
Have you download a new copy if the Mod? It might be a corrupted file in your copy of the Mod. Not for sure but I had a copy of the No time limit patch that broke my version.

Yeah did a complete clean install, again. Readded mod34 and the no time limit patch. Still get a CTD when I launch a scenario. Same HOI2.exe appcrash.