• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
blue emu said:
No, no... the USSR loaded that AI file. It's just the SAME file that the USA loads. AI files are often so generic that a dozen countries can all use the same one.

Whoops. Just checked the names and made assumptions. Well, AI editing is still not my cup of tea...

Oh and one thing: if there indeed seems to be general lack of resources, getting those "new electric stations" events firing sooner would help. First, they would bring more raw materials to the market faster. Secondly, if they fired faster they would fire possibly before that country gets annexed so the events won't be wasted. And thirdly, if they fire relatively soon, it's more likely they will affect national province, not conquered one. I don't think there's possibility to make them fire for national provinces only.

Alright, the Jap ai seems kinda broken. They just kinda stop advancing after a month or so against the allies. They also have between 0 and 30 ic because for some reason they can't get enough resources despite the fact that they own china.

In my game as Germany it came to my suprise that Britain only had three of her beaches defended, and no signifigant naval force protecting her. It seems that this should be fixed, along with the Jap thing

German-trained divisions models XD
fe53bbfccb.bmp

Krases said:
Ok, I am thinking about downloading this mod to spice up HOI2 (no Armageddon or Doomsday).

Any instructions on how to install it?

All you need to know is on the front page, just download and run the exe and should install itself. But you may need to install the no timelimit patch after (it is included in the download and is one step process)

I just tried out this mod tonight-it really looks good. It almost looks like a new game.
I am sure I will enjoy figuring out the new tech tree along with the other changes.

Thanks to all involved.

Hey guys I DL'd mod 34 and found it quite enjoyable. Now I have a problem it wont launch again. Any time I try to launch it I get a HOI2.exe crash. Vanilla ARM will run fine though. Any ideas?

Azkor said:
Hey guys I DL'd mod 34 and found it quite enjoyable. Now I have a problem it wont launch again. Any time I try to launch it I get a HOI2.exe crash. Vanilla ARM will run fine though. Any ideas?
Copy the original doomsdaytext.csv to you config file and it will be fine.
I almost have this problem everyday

samho120 said:
Copy the original doomsdaytext.csv to you config file and it will be fine.
I almost have this problem everyday

Isnt doomsdaytext.csv already in the config file?

I think the reasons for nations having low IC is because they lack energy , in all my games some (especially aggressive ones) lose IC due to no energy , because

a) the techs dont give any energy income increase except the second upgrade for energy but thats a rare choice

b) resource events lowered

and also the techs for converting energy to oil doesn't work ??? it only works for Germany apparently ,???

whitewolfmxc said:
I think the reasons for nations having low IC is because they lack energy , in all my games some (especially aggressive ones) lose IC due to no energy , because

a) the techs dont give any energy income increase except the second upgrade for energy but thats a rare choice

b) resource events lowered

c) those raw material events fire later when it's quite probable that they increase the production in non-national provinces thus netting much less raw materials than the nominal value in the event.

samho120 said:
It was broken

Im thinking this isnt a MOD34 issue now. The HOI2.exe crashes at all launches now. I uninstalled everything and did a clean install of just doomsday and get a appcrash for the HOI2.exe. Any thoughts on what that might be?

Azkor said:
Im thinking this isnt a MOD34 issue now. The HOI2.exe crashes at all launches now. I uninstalled everything and did a clean install of just doomsday and get a appcrash for the HOI2.exe. Any thoughts on what that might be?

Did you clean up the registry also?

Whats with the British AI? I wonder where they have their naval fleet, it sure as hell isn't around the UK. I barely made any ships, but I have had no problems controlling the english channel until the americans came with their carrier fleets.
And Britain looks poorly defended, if the red army didn't scare me so much I would have invaded Britain now in 1940.