• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
lordgoof said:
whats is the go with the nation standard annexing standard every 2 days or so?
If you're seeing that message every 2 days, you have a corrupted install.

That event actually fires (roughly) every month. it updates unit stats. If it bothers you, right-click on it and tell it to display in the game log.

Azkor said:
See thats the problem. After installing mod34 I cant run ANY HOI2.exe. I have removed mod34 via uninstall. Unistalled HOI2. Done a complete clean install and patches and still get a HOI2.exe appcrash.

Silly question, but when you reinstall the game do you install it to the default folder the game suggests each time? I.e. C:/Program Files/Paradox Interactive/.... (Whatever the actual default location is) or have you tried different locations?

I had a similar(ish) issue to what you describe and I got around my problem by installing in a different location (I have a folder on my Hard drive where I generally install games, C:/Games).

To be honest though this sounds a little bit like a registry issue, but I certainly don't recommend going down that route unless you know what your doing. Try the above suggestion first if you havent already.

Once you get it working do as others suggest and copy your game out to another location and install the mod there, that way you know you have a working version of Vanilla if things go wierd on your modded game.

Hope it works!

Ctd

Sorry if this has been asked before. I experienced a CTD after creating Norway and then changing them over to Scandinavia after taking out Sweden. Is this a bug, fluke or bad install?
Also, Blue Emu - I was able to roll over Poland, Belgium, France and Spain with my smallish army mentioned above. It seems that the AI on normal also has fewer troops available then in vanilla.
Thanks for this great mod.

russ555 said:
what has to be researched before you can research improved SMG cos I've got basic but it still says I don't have the required techs :wacko:

If you take a look at the arrows, you will perfectly see, what is a prequisite for improved submachingun:

So you see, that you need to research Materials, you will find it in the Industry TechTree, but it also has a few Techs to be researched before:

Downloaded the mod today, loving it so far except for one problem.

At least once a (game) day, the game will hang breifly for up to ten seconds (but generally less) as if the game is doing a massive stack of AI calculations.
Is this normal, or do I have a dodgy installation/some other problem?
Thanks

russ555 said:
what has to be researched before you can research improved SMG cos I've got basic but it still says I don't have the required techs :wacko:
just as for myself, there is a technoflechas.exe in the hoi directory where you can see the techs with their required techs

Pfalzgraf said:
Reading about the problems some people have with the mod, I wonder if it will also work with the original HOI 2 only.
Because at the moment I have two versions of the game installed:

1) HOI 2 with 1.3a

2) DD + ARM with 1.2 + CDCP

Is it possible to use Mod 34 with 1) and have the same game as using it with 2)?
And will I still be able to run vanilla ARM after installing the mod on 2)?

Another question: Will I have any problems running the mod with the German version of the game?

And finally: Is it better to use the No Time Limit option?

Thanks in advance!

Can somebody please answer, particularly the first question?

Pfalzgraf said:
Can somebody please answer, particularly the first question?
From what I understand you can have "mostly" the same game with HOI2 as with HOI2DD or HOI2DD-Armageddon. BUT you won't get the features added with each upgrade (i.e., Intelligence, CVLs, etc. for HOI2DD or Naval Brigades, Building units with attachments already installed, improved Air & Naval combat, etc. for Armageddon).

LM+ said:
If you're seeing that message every 2 days, you have a corrupted install.

That event actually fires (roughly) every month. it updates unit stats. If it bothers you, right-click on it and tell it to display in the game log.

oh...........doing that will cause all like events to only display in the game log though...........or is that a new type of event?

walrus said:
Downloaded the mod today, loving it so far except for one problem.

At least once a (game) day, the game will hang breifly for up to ten seconds (but generally less) as if the game is doing a massive stack of AI calculations.
Is this normal, or do I have a dodgy installation/some other problem?
Thanks

it does it to me as well. but that certainly doesn't mean its normal. i figured out the time of day is the time of day that you load the game. and it seems that it is the time when all the events fire.

corestandeven said:
Silly question, but when you reinstall the game do you install it to the default folder the game suggests each time? I.e. C:/Program Files/Paradox Interactive/.... (Whatever the actual default location is) or have you tried different locations?

I had a similar(ish) issue to what you describe and I got around my problem by installing in a different location (I have a folder on my Hard drive where I generally install games, C:/Games).

To be honest though this sounds a little bit like a registry issue, but I certainly don't recommend going down that route unless you know what your doing. Try the above suggestion first if you havent already.

Once you get it working do as others suggest and copy your game out to another location and install the mod there, that way you know you have a working version of Vanilla if things go wierd on your modded game.

Hope it works!

Hey thanks this actually worked.

Rafa/Erno

This is a great mod. Just downloaded and installed on DD. I have been working on some events and other mods for my own personal game, and would be glad to share. Right now I am only done with Germany and some USSR events, but plan on doing some for UK/Jap/US/France. If you are interested in using these in a future release of this mod, let me know.

As for doing it in en espanol, peudo leer y hablar, pero la gramatica esta malo.

But I would be glad to work with you on this.

Joe Land

This communication is brought to you by Gonzo Demolition services. Gonzo, for those mornings when a mere hangover just isn't enough.

Very much a well done mod, though the tech trees are very twisty. But I'm finding that ships don't sink; through April of 1940, a grand total of 4 light cruisers have been sunk ... worldwide (plus a few DDs, SS, and transports, but nothing larger). I (Germany in this game) haven't been engaging in much direct naval action, but my TAC/CAS bombers are pretty ineffective attacking shipping. But I've attacked Spain and Denmark/Norway/Sweden, all of which offer alot of "easy" naval targets for the Luftwaffe ...

Anyone else seeing that?

lordgoof said:
it does it to me as well. but that certainly doesn't mean its normal. i figured out the time of day is the time of day that you load the game. and it seems that it is the time when all the events fire.
Yeah, I noticed that it did that, after trying several several saves and reloads :D
My game does hang for an annoying length of time every few days (in between in ranges between not stopping at all and a quick pause) and I find it hard to believe there are THAT many AI calculations going on, as the only time I've ever had a game hang that long at a paticular hour was when I released virtually ever puppet in europe at once as the US.

Did you install the Mod34 extras? Maybe its the extra sprites or something included in that thats slowing it down

Azkor said:
Hey thanks this actually worked.

No problem, glad to hear you have it sorted. Chances are whatever made your HO2.exe not work initially is still lurking there in your Registry for that default location.
If you ever format your hard drive and then install the game again in the default directory (without mods, and patched fully) I bet it would work.

With that in mind, now that you have a working version of HO2 on your machine, suggest you leave that good version untampered. Copy and paste to new directories for different mods just in case they don't work. Worse case then is that you have to play Vanilla HO2 if a Mod doesn't work properly, which isn't the end of the world :)

Highly recommend using the GIP Mod for graphics, vastly improves the games appearance in my opinion. Enjoy!

Jmland said:
Rafa/Erno

This is a great mod. Just downloaded and installed on DD. I have been working on some events and other mods for my own personal game, and would be glad to share. Right now I am only done with Germany and some USSR events, but plan on doing some for UK/Jap/US/France. If you are interested in using these in a future release of this mod, let me know.

As for doing it in en espanol, peudo leer y hablar, pero la gramatica esta malo.

But I would be glad to work with you on this.

It will be better if we do the translation. :D

noone knows why i have problems with the sub-sub-tree as nationalist spain (as i described on top of previous page) ?

nappy