• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
# Learning the game! (first and foremost)
# Japan and Meiji revolution.
# USA civil war.
# Great Britain Great Game.
# France, Crimean war, the conquest of Africa and the return of the Empire!
# Netherlands.
# Mexico.

... Lots of games could be played.

Uruguay. just to check.

edit. and CSA. forgot.

Leading Britain into a glorious 20th century of uncontested global dominance. :D

Maybe making a steampunk mod. With Zombie Napoleon, maybe. Yeeeaah.

Dreadnoughts! Not a day goes by that I do not wish the laws of physics would suddenly change and write aircraft carriers out of existance. Just not sexy enough, guys.

But generally just a game where economic development comes first and foremost.

EDIT: I read the thread title as "What are you looking forward to the most?"

Blame sleep deprivation.

I think we should make a War of the Worlds Mod... :D
Kind of out of scope. :/

A mod based on the world after the events of Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell would fit quite nicely... if I had the faintest idea how to go about concepting such a thing.

I look forward to playing the Two Sicilies in a historically modeled ( ;) ) Italy.

Netherlands :D

If only just to see if this time around, a) there will be rewards for managing to keep Belgium, b) it will be possible to use the Dutch Indies without having to do a mini-game of island-hop-rebel-stomp.

Austria and Mexico. They both got potential, correctly managed they can become far grater than they were during this timeframe.

I will probably play as Sweden in my first game, and learn how everything works, that is how I usually start in all paradox games. :p

After that I'm looking forward to play my old vicky 1 favorites Prussia, Italy, Japan and Russia.

It will be glorious! :D:D:D

I think I shall first try the game with my own country Belgium, that was also a good country to learn the original victoria with. After that Austria or Russia.

To check how good the automatization is shall I also try to civilize China, if I play that game to finish has vicky2 very good automatization :)

Order of purchase would have to be totally remodelled from the original Vicky, to run in order of lowest-cost-to-buy first, which would finally give us a model where countries (amazingly) trade with other countries rather than the infinitely wealthy teleporting flying saucer of the WM. It would hopefully even make the idea of split markets redundant - no need for seperate region markets if the transport surcharges on the purchaser make distant goods unaffordable anyway. Unfortunately, I suspect that tracking the starting points of ALL goods on the Vicky map to end-points would have crushingly high-end PC requirements.

That's why I among others believe that separate markets are a good idea, since you don't have to calculate all those distances.
Additionally, how would this system of 'purchase orders' work? How do you make the link between your POP in London which needs grain? Are you going to look around for each POP? This would become a programming nightmare. For each POP, and for each government, there needs to be one place where it can buy needed goods, a market.

The transportation cost could be calculated at maximum three levels:
- between the factory / RGO and the market;
- between two markets, in case of international trade;
- between the market and the buyer.
This transportation cost could be calculated and updated for each region, depending on the distance with the Center of Trade and the infrastructure, because it should make calculations easier and quicker.

If we want to be even more realistic, the transportation cost could depend on the type of goods: heavy goods (grain, coal, ...), medium (furniture...) and light (clothes, precious metals), so that luxury clothes could travel easily around the world with a small transportation cost penalty, while grain or coal would be more limited.

Japan and Britain because I love the freedom that comes with being a decisive "Offshore Balancer." Halford John Mackinder knows what I'm talking about!!!

I try to stay away from the tyranny and oppression of the World-Island.

P.S. Geopolitics rules!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.