• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Drakkan advance is sending thrills down my spine. I don't like what I see.

Heissenberg, better awake soon!

dont lose stalingrad. not one step backwards!

Hmm... German victory at this point could be still possible, however, I hope that you are the best damm strategist like Kami88 during he`s AAR, sense you are going to need to make some delaying actions for your factories to produce those nukes and infrantry.

So, let them build a giant ass army in one spot. You nuke it. And advance, and when you regroup they nuke that army. Not good.

Good luck on getting Allied help, without it you die.

Some comments:
-Awesome game. Not seen anything like it for decades lol (jOke). You really know how to make the game interesting. If you send me a link for the AAR land award I will vote for you (If a voting is going on right now).
-Second bad position for a nuclear reactor. I would build it in Essen, far behind the positions reachable for the enemy..
-Third dont let Stalingrad fall or I declare you defeated lol.
-And I would abandon Baku no matter how much los importante the postion is for you.

Just a note--now that I finished my last final, updates are going to come more frequently, every 2-3 days.

Enewald said:
phew, you managed to stop the advance... for now... maybe try peace with allies?
Maybe they could even do white peace now?
Not much fighting recently, I think...

Maybe just hold the line at Suez... and hold it... but that would mean another nuke...
There hasn't been any land fighting with the Allies, but their navies are always getting into fights with my allies' navies. They also bomb my armies in the Mideast from India, from time to time. Realistically, I can't get a peace, so I'll just have to deal with it.

I'm gonna try to hold Africa for as long as I can, make 'em fight for every inch, and when all is lost pull back to the Suez. I don't have to advance on this front, just keep them from making it to Eurasia so as to allow my armies in Persia/Mesopotamia to stabilize that front.

Shonison said:
Realistically, I don't think the Allies would sign a peace at this point. If Germany begins to decisively defeat the Draka, they will have to do SOMETHING to prevent a massive Axis empire spanning Eurasia and Africa.
My thoughts exactly. And even if the Americans wanted peace, the British Raj in India isn't liable to agree with them, or listen to them if the Americans told them to stop fighting.

Kurt_Steiner said:
The Drakkan advance is sending thrills down my spine. I don't like what I see.

Heissenberg, better awake soon!
Heisenberg's doing the best he can. The problem was that he only got a little funding until the Draka nuked Uralsk. Now they're throwing as much money at him as he wants, but he still has to catch up.

BritishImperial said:
dont lose stalingrad. not one step backwards!
That's what Hitler told his generals, basically, when they asked him to pull back to the Kuban. He said no, and now the line is behind the Kuban. :( But I agree, Stalingrad is very important.

cloneof said:
Hmm... German victory at this point could be still possible, however, I hope that you are the best damm strategist like Kami88 during he`s AAR, sense you are going to need to make some delaying actions for your factories to produce those nukes and infrantry.
Oh no, I have to be as good as kami88? Game over, then; I lose. :D
Really, though, I have a strategy, and you'll see it soon.

billy bob said:
So, let them build a giant ass army in one spot. You nuke it. And advance, and when you regroup they nuke that army. Not good.

Good luck on getting Allied help, without it you die.
I need the Allies? Quatsch, Germany needs no help.

Delex said:
Some comments:
1. Awesome game. Not seen anything like it for decades lol (jOke). You really know how to make the game interesting. If you send me a link for the AAR land award I will vote for you (If a voting is going on right now).
2. Second bad position for a nuclear reactor. I would build it in Essen, far behind the positions reachable for the enemy..
3. Third dont let Stalingrad fall or I declare you defeated lol.
4. And I would abandon Baku no matter how much los importante the postion is for you.
1. Thanks! I even have a couple long-term ideas to keep the AAR interesting, if I beat the Draka.

2. My thinking was that it was far from any hostile border (Hungary is near, but a staunch ally and a bulwark against any assault from that direction). It already has a fortress--it was part of the Czech line in the Sudetenland--which I expanded--and it has full air defenses. And seriously, if the Draka get to the reactor, it means that I have bigger problems than not getting nukes. :D

3. Stalingrad--from here after referred to as Wolgostadt (German speakers, is that a good and grammatical name for it? Is anyone who reads this AAR German?)--is important, I agree. But I wouldn't declare me defeated unless I lose Moscow, or Berlin.

4. If I don't leave Baku by myself, I have the feeling that the Draka are going to help me. :(

bbcrackmonkey said:
Sieze and destroy the Drakan nuclear reactor. Sieze Madagascar and drop into Southern Africa. Capturing their capital will also net you a huge slew of resources.
Can't. I have neither the forces to free from the lines, nor the navy to transport them, nor the bases to launch the navy from (though I suppose southern Arabia would do--but the Allies own the Indian Ocean). The Drakan reactor, I believe, is in Archona (our Pretoria). I think I'll have to get there the hard way: marching there.

They would need time and resources to rebuild it. Time for Germany to breath.

Delex said:
I think it is named Volgograd in German, since the name of the river is Volga. Or you could also call it Caricin (An older name for the city).
Wow, that was odd.

Hrmm.

What happened to America? And when does Hitler get offed?

isnt 'grad' a russian ending? you need 'burg' or something

BritishImperial said:

Stalingrad, Leningrad, Petrograd, Tunisgrad.
I suppose it is.
But maybe it should remain as 'grad' coz the locals are still russians.
Volgograd... that's how it should be.
'stadt' would also go.
Volgostadt.

Its got to be said this AAR is ace. When the Draka - German war started I thought yo were going to lose then I thought you were going to win because of thse troops you encircled and then they launch the a-bomb I just don't know anymore :confused: :confused:

Update tonight after I get back home.

Viden said:
Nuke the nuclear reactor. :D
No nukes yet, and no bases close enough for me to get at it (this is all under the assumption that their reactor is in Archona (Pretoria), which I still don't know).

cloneof said:
They would just rebuild it.
That too.

Kurt_Steiner said:
They would need time and resources to rebuild it. Time for Germany to breath.
I'm not sure that breath would be enough, because they still have millions upon millions of troops at my doorstep. Still, not being nuked would be nice. :D

Delex said:
I think it is named Volgograd in German, since the name of the river is Volga. Or you could also call it Caricin (An older name for the city).

Or Tsaritsyn.
Or Volgograd sounds just much better.

Stalingrad, Leningrad, Petrograd, Tunisgrad.
I suppose it is.
But maybe it should remain as 'grad' coz the locals are still russians.
Volgograd... that's how it should be.
'stadt' would also go.
Volgostadt.
Yeah, I decided that any slavic or Russian names would probably not fly under Hitler. So that's why I chose Wolgostadt--"Wolgo" being German for the Volga and "stadt" being German for city. The Germans tended to Germanize the city names (Lodz turning into Litzmanstadt being an example), so I think we'll stick with Wolgostadt.

Faeelin said:
What happened to America? And when does Hitler get offed?
America is still fighting me, marginally; their industry is still going and they have 40 carriers. :(
And Hitler might get offed if things get a lot worse. Maybe if they don't, too.

onbekende said:
Perhaps an attack on Arabia to cut them back in half, and preoccupy them
Good ideas.

Mozla said:
Its got to be said this AAR is ace. When the Draka - German war started I thought yo were going to lose then I thought you were going to win because of thse troops you encircled and then they launch the a-bomb I just don't know anymore :confused: :confused:
Thanks. I like feedback, especially good feedback. :D
I'll also try to keep it interesting.

frigidmagi said:
I'm still rooting for ya, just keep swinging.
I'm gonna take them down, or go down swinging, that's for sure.

Counterstrike​
"This is only the beginning. The Draka do not know what they have done, but Germany does! They have opened Pandora's box. They used this weapon first, but German engineering will make the weapon better, smaller, more powerful! The Draka used the bomb first, but Germany shall use it last!"
--Adolf Hitler, 1946

The following is an excerpt from The Greater War: A Brief History of the Eurasian War:

. . . through February of 1946, the line in the Mideastern Front moved, in favor of the Draka (see Fig. 1). Axis forces were pushed out of Mesopotamia, except for a small area west of the Euphrates.

draka151.jpg

Fig. 1​

In Africa, the Axis forces had been pushed back hundreds, if not thousands, of kilometers (see Fig. 2). In North Africa they were pushed back to Libya Superior, and in Egypt they had almost been pushed back to Lower Egypt. New defensive lines were created; however, they were more to delay the Drakan advance than to halt it.

draka152.jpg

Fig. 2​

In the Spring of 1946, Axis forces began the first counterattack in Mesopotamia (see Fig. 3) against the poorly-manned lines in the south. Before the end the counterattack would succeed in pushing the Draka back behind the Euphrates.

draka153.jpg

Fig. 3​

The beginning of the summer of 1946 saw a state of relative
sitzkrieg in the Eurasian war (see Fig. 4). The Eastern Front was fairly stable, after the Axis used the winter to bring in fresh troops from Hungary and Romania--though of course the Draka were managing to slowly push the Axis forces back west, and Wolgostadt fell in early Spring, to the dismay of Axis forces, who intended to turn it into a fortress city. In Mesopotamia, the line also stood still. The only front with moving line was the African Front, where the Draka were pushing back the Axis force. Throughout this all, Germany built up its forces for the Summer-Fall offensive, to begin in late July.

draka154.jpg

Fig. 4​

On July 19, the Draka finally managed to break through Axis lines in eastern Egypt (see Fig. 5). If nothing was done, the Draka could potentially cut off all of Heersgruppe Afrika; thus, all Axis forces were to pull back to a new defensive perimeter in Lower Egypt. If this line fell, then the Axis would have to abandon Africa all together.

draka155.jpg

Fig. 5​

On July 23, 1946, Germany finally gave the Draka what Hitler had been promising it since Uralsk: an atom bomb (see Fig. 6). The bomb detonated near Tabriz, Persia, and decimated the Draka military there (the biggest concentration in the Mideast Front). The Axis forces then exploited the devastation the bomb wrought upon the Draka, and began their Summer Offensive. . .

draka156.jpg

Fig. 6​

Last edited: