• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
caucasus won't last long... let's hope Ural Linie does...
anyways, good luck... may you lose with honour.
Brittany to celts?
There were not much britons still living...

Time for some military control. I would say let Japan deal with the allies right now, just deploy to hold the beaches.

I would aim as much of my army as humanly possible at the Suez canal. Best bet I think is to go through Turkey.

Best of luck dude.

Very nice AAR. I like your way of explaining even some of the smaller bits of the game.

However, could someone give me the backstory on these "Draka"? I haven`t heard of them before this AAR.

kick their donkeys back to hell!

IIRC, the Commies won the Spanish Civil War in the Drakaverse. However my biggest beef is that Hitler doesn't have anything more memorable to say about being attacked out of the blue by the Domination.
The commies lost to Franco in this simulation.

And the reason that he has nothing to say is the same reason that Stalin had nothing to say for a few days after Hitler attacked him: he couldn't believe it, and didn't do anything for several days.

So I have to ask, will Hitler be deposed as in the novels?
I have no idea what you are speaking of. ;)

Draka has about 300-400 divisions, 100 of them being garrisons deployed in Africa. Japan has about 300 divisions.
What? :confused: I gave the Draka around 1000 infantry divisions, and that's on top of a couple of hundred other units that they have.

caucasus won't last long... let's hope Ural Linie does...
I hope so, too.

Brittany to celts?
There were not much britons still living...
That doesn't really matter. The Celtic League appealed to Hitler's oppressed-by-the-French side, and he decided to back them up.

I would aim as much of my army as humanly possible at the Suez canal. Best bet I think is to go through Turkey.
That's the plan: in from the Balkans through Turkey. It is the best because it doesn't involve my entire army to attack mountain provinces.

They should get land but not that much (3 provinces maybe).
It will be the source of problems in the future, as well.

However, could someone give me the backstory on these "Draka"? I haven`t heard of them before this AAR.
Here are some resources:
Drakan Timeline
Wikipedia on Drakan Culture
Wikipedia on the Domination (as a country)

kick their donkeys back to hell!
Amen to that!

Cool AAR

Seems like I started reading it just in time before war with Draka!

The First Months​
"The Drakans have had their spines weakened through their contact with their serfs. Once they were true Aryans, but their volk have been corrupted! Their advances will be stopped, and the Drakan army and people shall be pushed back to the sea against the might of the Reich!"
--Adolf Hitler, 1943

The following is an excerpt from The Greater War: A Brief History of the Eurasian War:

. . . declaration of war, Heeresgruppe Balkan began their advance into Drakan territory (see Fig. 1). After Bulgaria was under Axis control, the army group struck into Anatolia, with a panzer army at the lead.

draka121.jpg

Fig. 1​

This allowed the Wehrmacht to score its first strategic victory (see Fig. 2). The army group was able to surround and, on November 7, 1943, destroy an army of 215,000 Janissaries. This small victory, almost insignificant in the big picture, raised German morale, which had been low since the Drakan declaration of war.

draka122.jpg

Fig. 2​

By November 22, 1943, about three months after the war began, things were not looking well for Germany (see Fig. 3). The Wehrmacht had been able to hold off Drakan forces in the East fairly well, though some territory had been lost, and the Draka were deploying more and more forces there--the fears of war of attrition that Germany had avoided with the USSR began to be realized. It had won minor victories in Anatolia, but in the Kaukasus, Armenia and southern Azerbaijan had been abandoned. In the Far East, Japan was unraveling under the triple-front war it was fighting in China, in India, and in the Pacific; the OKW at this point doubted they would last another year.

draka123.jpg

Fig. 3​

Another two and a half months brought more of the same (see Fig. 4). The Wehrmacht advanced further into Anatolia, linking up with Georgia. On the Eastern Front, the Russian winter halted a potentially devastating Drakan attack in the north unlike it had stopped the Wehrmacht the years before against the Soviets; in the south, however, German forces had begun to be pushed back. In the Far East, Japan's resistance in China was separated into three pockets--Manchuria/Korea, Eastern China, and Southeast Asia--and the pockets were each shrinking. In the Pacific, Japan was also threatened by the USN, after Iwo Jima fell in early January.

draka124.jpg

Fig. 4​

Another month saw little change in the West; however, big changes were seen in the East (see Fig. 5). The US launched Operation: Downfall, and the Japanese island of Honshu was landed upon (an amphibious landing had also been launched on Taiwan the week before, as a diversion). Japanese contribution to the Eurasian War in the long-term had before been in doubt; now the OKW was certain that Japan would fall, and soon. Japan, however, vowed to fight to the end.

draka125.jpg

Fig. 5​

On March 10, the first, badly planned occupation of the Suez was carried out (see Fig. 6). This would involve only 90,000 paratroopers for Cyprus. The plan was to take up defensive positions along the Suez and in southern Palestine. This plan, of course, did not take into account the two million Drakan Janissaries marching north out of Africa. . .

draka126.jpg

Fig. 6​

Last edited:
So. Epic. :cool:

You can do it!

biggest war i've ever seen! sweet. though grey against slightly darker grey is a bit confusing :wacko: i got excited the other day when i surrounded 4 german panzer divisions as the USSR, so you saying 250,000 captives is nothing is a kick to the balls :D

Encircle the Kaukasus front!
And then try to nab some more in the Iraq/Levant area!

2,000,000 Drakan Janissaries against 90,000 German paratroopers...

Interesting... if you can use the Suez Channel as a big trench, it may help :D

Suez is the key for the whole war... if drakas need to supply their all army via land, they need that province... and they want it back probably.
Just defend it to the last man, and you might even have luck on other fronts meanwhile... ;)

You can do it!

How goes the air war? You mentioned that you gave the Draka 8,000,000,000 more divisions to make things challenging, but how goes the conflict in the air?

Are you able to achieve air superiority in key areas or is it largely a wash?

Good job in Anatolia. How do you plan to administrate these lands? Releases?

*Crosses fingers for your troops in Sinai

germanpeon said:
So. Epic.

You can do it!
This will indeed be very epic!
It really is epic: except for three countries (Switzerland, Portugal, and Argentina), every nation in the world is at war.

With me. :wacko:

BritishImperial said:
biggest war i've ever seen! sweet. though grey against slightly darker grey is a bit confusing i got excited the other day when i surrounded 4 german panzer divisions as the USSR, so you saying 250,000 captives is nothing is a kick to the balls
Sorry about the color confusion; not much I can do about it right now. As for the capturing armies, 250,000 is really just a drop in the bucket, since their armed forces are numbering over 10,000,000. For comparison, both Japan and I had about 2,500,000 troops each at the beginning of the war--Japan has less now.

ColossusCrusher said:
Encircle the Kaukasus front!
And then try to nab some more in the Iraq/Levant area!
That's the plan; it's more of a question of the Draka letting me or not.

Kang Seung Jae said:
Please Japan, hold off the plague!
Oh, that would be great, but I really doubt Japan could stave it off. You have to remember, in this game Japan is a mid-sized power between two giants (the Draka and the USA); Japan's situation is more like Poland in real life, between Russia and Germany. :(

Kurt_Steiner said:
2,000,000 Drakan Janissaries against 90,000 German paratroopers...

Interesting... if you can use the Suez Channel as a big trench, it may help
Hydro-trench warfare? I like it.

Enewald said:
Suez is the key for the whole war... if drakas need to supply their all army via land, they need that province... and they want it back probably.
Just defend it to the last man, and you might even have luck on other fronts meanwhile...
I'm sure the Suez is the key. I'm just not sure that lightly-armed paratroopers can hold out against 22-to-1 ratios.

TheMaleRei said:
How goes the air war? You mentioned that you gave the Draka 8,000,000,000 more divisions to make things challenging, but how goes the conflict in the air?

Are you able to achieve air superiority in key areas or is it largely a wash?
I can achieve air superiority in any one (probably even two) theater I want to; problem is, there's more than one theater, more like 2.5 to 3.5 theaters: Anatolia-Kaukasus, the Eastern Front (counts as about one and a half theaters, because it's so huge), and Egypt-Palestine, if I can hold it. They also have to fight Japan, though, so their air force is really spread thin.

Delex said:
Once you reach the pacific ocean via Persia, the war is won. Than only the 5 year clearing up remains lol. Are you at war with America?
I'm not so sure. I've given the Draka a few more advantages that will help make this war interesting.

Leumatiello said:
Good job in Anatolia. How do you plan to administrate these lands? Releases?

*Crosses fingers for your troops in Sinai
Right now they'll be directly occupied; in the future some might be released, some might be doled out to allies as colonies, and some might be kept.

And thanks.