• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1: Awesome murder-spree

2: I have not played EU3, but reading most AAR's, I got the impression that multinational-multireligious blobs were prone to under-performing techwise. Why are you not?

3: Whats with all these defections? Makes it too easy, I'd say. You need more rebels, not defections:)

1: Thank you!

2: Warmongering only works to a point if you don't have a very solid economic strategy. I'm not going into detail about it here because it's just not in keeping with the theme of the AAR, but I went into detail much more in my other AAR's on different ways to do this.

3: Defections are actually very rare and quite hard to achieve. You must have very low WE, under 5, which is extremely hard with so many huge armies that can generate so much attrition. You must also drive up your enemies WE to over 15 which is basically requires killing all their forces and occupying much or all of their country. The odds for any given province defecting are very small, and require the province to be a culture other than the primary culture of the nation it would defect from.

However!!! When you're occupying 40-50 provinces for a decade or more and many of them are off culture, the odds of 'some' defections becomes likely because of the huge volume of 'chances'. Buying a lottery ticket is unlikely to produce a win, but buying 5 million...

Interesting AAR to say the least, I take it you're going for a world conquest with the Osmanli Caliphate?

Hmmm, I don't think it will be possible because of BB limitations. This game is really just about warmongering and mindless extermination. There is no grand strategy, just payback for OE who always get beat up by everyone in my DW games.

It drives me crazy everytime I see England and Spain in Africa, Turkey, and Greece by 1450, so this is just about making up for the pounding that OE is always handed at the hands of everyone else.

Basically I'm just going to kill as many enemy troops/rebels/everything else as I can, and expand as far as I am able. I definitely want to wipe out all the major European powers.

I don't think you can possibly lose any more wars after this. You are just too awesome :p

Sorry, I missed this at the end of last page.

On day one, OE declared themselves to be the best and everyone else to be crap. There was never any chance OE would ever lose to anyone ever!! Our propaganda minister has made sure no history books anywhere say anything else. :)

Last edited:
They will get theres too. They get peace for now only because they are killing for me. I'll probably wait for rev/C-rev though. For now, Western Europe is primary target #1. I do have cores on Both wallachia provibnces but from long ago, so they'll almost certainly poof as soon as I unvassalize them.

1661-1670: OE Breaks apart!!! Errm, breaks apart other nations that is.

I was having a small problem at this point that was throwing a wrench into the machine of doom that was OE!!!

The BBB was that problem. Not the French, laugh! The Big BadBoy score.

Firstly, my ruler at this point had 3 diplomacy, so it was very hard to continue swallowing up 'them' if I still wanted to remain non-dishonorable scum.

I may eventually just give into my blood-lust and say "Meh, screw it", but at this point I was still trying to stay -not- dishonorable scum.

In 1661, the last horde was gone.

OE16611.jpg

As soon as my BB dropped a bit I annexed some more of 'them' next to my close pals in the new world.

OE16621.jpg

I let some rebels go crazy in the East for a while.

It took 3 years or so, but finally they broke free and got 2 freebie provinces along with one I gave up to rebels.

OE16622.jpg

My next event was a really awesome choice.

Take 3 BB and go over the limit or lose stability. Sweet!

OE16623.jpg

Finally, I couldn't take the 3 diplo ruler crap anymore.

I swapped government back to republic, picked a diplo leader, then back to dictatorship the next day for the low cost of 5 stability!

A great bargain tbh.

OE16631.jpg

I let rebels go a few times to try breaking more countries free for no cost terrain.

Granada the 3rd was born. Annexed!

OE16651.jpg

Europe was Zzzztown. They made petty wars with one another but they were largely status quo deals.

I was just ignoring them for now, letting BB go down.

'They' however were too stupid to let the sleepy giant digest it's last meal in peace.

Milan, a 2PM now with Liguria and Venice sent me a warning. "Haha, we shall warn you from within our 3k garrison forts!" They said.

OE armies: DOGPILE!!!! Assault. Annex. SUCK IT!

OE16661.jpg

And just like that, the two best COT's in Europe that I didn't already own were mine.

The game decided I needed some de-awesomizing and took some of my tradition away. Aww. I was down to 3 generals!!

OE16662.jpg

Then Austria, who'd been kinda quiet, decided to send me a warning.

OE response? Duh.

OE16681.jpg

Portugal was again growing into a colonial power!!! WTF? Sigh.

Portugal, Die more. Plus I needed a sea province for my American territory.

Plus they had a nice COT I want.

And some colonies too, why not.

OE16682.jpg

Meanwhile in Europe:

The last Aus Army was hunted down and beaten like an unwanted step-child!

OE16691.jpg

And thus another decade, more wars.

I tell you what, I'll guess what the next chapter will contain:

Edgewise: Some war occurred, I won, some soldiers died, I got more land.

I tell you what, I'll guess what the next chapter will contain:

Edgewise: Some war occurred, I won, some soldiers died, I got more land.

Hmm, that might be accurate.

Right now, the difficulty is in managing a rather large and rebel prone country with lots of occupied territory which is even more rebel happy. :D I've been saving France for a while to have at least one decent 'big' enemy, but the first war with them is probably comming up soon.

I am on a mission to kill them all, so it's probably a good bet that there will be lots of that.

-Sidenote:

I watched a really good Chinese Drama about 6 months ago called 'Emperor Han Wu'. In this Drama, the ancient horde which bordered China at the time (this is BC we're talkin) was called the Xiongnu. In this series, the Xiongnu are shown in such a rediculously war-crazed way that I at least found them to be funny, and decided I'd model my game on the mentality of the Xiongnu warlords as they behaived in that TV series.

Last edited:
This is awesome as always! :D

Great update, once again. Good luck with the BBB!

Thank you and yes, I'd love to get the -6 BB event, haven't had it all game.

He doesn't need luck anymore. I almost cringe at the thought of how badly the french are going to take it when the showdown occurs...

They have lots of troops, so whatever else it may be, it will be extremely violent.

This is awesome as always! :D

Thanks! I didn't think this was your 'style' tbh. :)

Great AAR!! I Hope you kill them all :p

Could you please show us a picture of the entire world??

Sure, I'll put in a world pic. BUT it won't be for a while since the game is past the updates.

Oh, I love these AARs! Just because I write long, wordy ones doesn't mean I don't like these. Always good to have a balance. :D

1671-1680 Rome given back to the Pope! Ha, then he woke up.

I was starting to get lots of warnings. Suddenly I realized, this was 'them' wanting to become 'US'!!

Hmm, I decided I'd have to put them all on a waiting list prioritized by "whenever I feel like it I will kill you."

So the first example of this new policy was these people, we'll just call them 'them':

OE16711.jpg

I was busy taking land from Portugal but only a little for now, way under my warscore.

Mostly I was just killing them to kill them.

OE16721.jpg

Then some 'artists' wrote an anti-war poem. So they were all killed.

It actually happened a long time ago, but this was unknown to me because...

OE16722.jpg

Duh. We hit people with them or burn people with them. Because they're heavy, conveniently shaped for throwing, and burn good too!

So anyways back to 'them'. NOW I felt like annexing them so...

OE16731.jpg

This resulted in a large war. Lots of peoples invaded OE to have a party!

Only problem is, OE likes to have a party in other peoples houses, because we're lazy and don't like to clean.

Soooo we killed them all, then trashed their houses, and stole all their stuff.

The army couldn't carry everything, so gave it to me!

OE16741.jpg

All good things must come to an end, and the party started to wrap up.

Those 'them' peoples got their wish and became 'us'

OE16751.jpg

And shortly afterwards, we had plundered about everything plunderable.

I gave some of the other 'them's peace.

OE16752.jpg

Of course having a rediculously huge standing army is just bad if you don't have enough wars to keep them happy.

Flanders had been one of 'them' who'd warned us, and with some juicy provinces, they were high on our 'them' list.

OE16771.jpg

We occupied all their land, then gave Austria peace, taking all but 3 disconnected provinces.

OE16791.jpg

Prussia was starting to expand through colonies.

It's never smart to make colonies when you can steal them, so...

OE16801.jpg

I'd also started PG'ing and warning peoples because I just wasn't killing enough people through expansion.

The first of my 'minding 'their' business' wars was vs GB.

OE16802.jpg

Sooo more wars, more people died, more land was taken. Obviously, tamius23 is psychic! :D

At the time of this update, I think it was from -2.0/year to -2.6/year depending on which ruler. -1.0 cabinet, -0.4 embassy, -0.3 or -0.25 diplimat (had a level 5 and a level 6 at different times), -0.3 to -0.9 ruler. I was occupying a province with settlement policy also which was +0.1 while it was under my control.